+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Arms, Armistice and Revolutions: General Discussion Thread

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does latest AAR still contain the every province has a VP thing?
    Meh

Arms, Armistice 'n Revolutions Burning's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz8 View Post
    Does latest AAR still contain the every province has a VP thing?
    No, but it never was mandatory and never was actually intended to be in in the first place. You simply could have overwritten your VP.inc file with the one from DH-full. What kept you from doing so?
    Last edited by Burning; 15-04-2012 at 21:58.
    Arms, Armistice and Revolutions
    The Interwar Mod for Darkest Hour Full
    Download

Please report bugs regarding the AAR here: at this thread
    YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH ME THROUGH ONE OF THE BELOW INSTANT MESSENGERS!
    DO NOT CONTACT ME VIA FORUM-PM, MY INBOX IS CONSTANTLY FULL!

| | | ICQ: 69608459 | | | Bitcoin | | | jabber: metro@jabber.ccc.de | | | email: burning@cfuchs.net

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    50 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning View Post
    No, bu it never was mandatory. You simply could have overwritten your VP.inc file with the one from DH-full. What kept you from doing so?
    The fact that, I assume, the average user would not know about this (even if you said so explicitly).
    "Telling people "how it's done" is rather condescending, especially if you have no idea what their background is." - Had a dad

How to install and play Darkest Hour on a Macintosh computer!

Don't lose your cool. This is a great forum, and there is no point in getting worked up over something pointless. There are two sides to everything.

DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    The fact that, I assume, the average user would not know about this (even if you said so explicitly).
    I did..in the release notes. Not my problem they don't read them.
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    I did..in the release notes. Not my problem they don't read them.
    Jup, and I'm pretty sure i also posted it once or twice in the old mainthread.
    Download

| | | ICQ: 69608459 | | | Bitcoin | | | jabber: metro@jabber.ccc.de | | | email: burning@cfuchs.net

Heart_of_Darkness modder novapaddy's Avatar
    56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    @Burning: you didn't really give me a job to do?

I'm busy writing a program to help with events. But I can also be doing something else (when I get tired of that..).

I was thinking about the resource issue, would it be a good idea to ask one of the many Economists (Telesian ?) on the OT forum to have a look-see? Or maybe Limith would be a better guy for this?

Have you a list of stuff that needs doing, and maybe I can choose one? Cheers
    [WIP] Conquista, a mod for Victoria 2, Heart of Darkness, 1600 to 1936.

If it isn't a fun thing to do, then there is no point in doing it.

Originator of the Darkest Hour Manual and Meneth's Guide to CKII.
    Ported HOI2 World In Flames and Modern Day Scenario mods to Darkest Hour. Created the Homeland and NovapaddysMDS mods for Darkest Hour.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO: My Favourite Russian, Andrei Gijgorev for his genius with regex.

Quote Originally Posted by novapaddy View Post
    @Burning: you didn't really give me a job to do?

I'm busy writing a program to help with events. But I can also be doing something else (when I get tired of that..).

I was thinking about the resource issue, would it be a good idea to ask one of the many Economists (Telesian ?) on the OT forum to have a look-see? Or maybe Limith would be a better guy for this?

Have you a list of stuff that needs doing, and maybe I can choose one? Cheers
    I can send you a bunch of powerpoints on Macroeconomics, Storm Chase is working on a economic system, Bizon has one as well. You can look at the design docs for the little amount that I have done. That aside, I have finals so I can't work on a system atm.

You can always help with the many tickets on our svn tracker.
    Last edited by Limith; 19-04-2012 at 20:39.
    Now with CCIP!
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH

56 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations

Blog Entries
    I can send you a bunch of powerpoints on Macroeconomics, Storm Chase is working on a economic system, Bizon has one as well. You can look at the design docs for the little amount that I have done. That aside, I have finals so I can't work on a system atm.

You can always help with the many tickets on our svn tracker.
    What svn tracker...??

Ported HOI2 World In Flames and Modern Day Scenario mods to Darkest Hour. Created the Homeland and NovapaddysMDS mods for Darkest Hour.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU GOES TO: My Favourite Russian, Andrei Gijgorev for his genius with regex.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

Oh yeah, I remember a while back I had asked on the DH forum about Hungarian leaders for AAR etc. I asked about soviet and Horthy-Hungary and so we came to the conclusion, at least a few of us did, that the Soviet Hungary tag would be best used for the Bela Kun regime etc etc. So I actually sorted out both HUN and U13 ministers and leaders for the 1918-36 period. I was wondering if you were interested in using them. I assume that you could have HUN turn into U13 via event, perhaps having the HUN tag continue to exist in one of the cities that the counter-revolutionary government was held in and go on like that. You at all interested? I had posted them up in the 1914 scenario sub-forum of the DH development forum, but i can email if you want!

What svn tracker...??
    http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/report/1
    Now with CCIP!

56 games registered

Blog Entries
    Very good! Can you get me a login?...

56 games registered

Blog Entries
    Separate issue, hence double post:

Economics and Resources for AAR:

I don't really understand what you need so, can you please do this:
    Write out something like 10 bullet points, exactly what you need, and let me have a think about it. Please keep it short, as I'll have to keep re-reading it as I work through the problem.
    I'm a natural problem solver, so let's see what I can come up with.

Very good! Can you get me a login?...
    You've got a PM
    Download

56 games registered

Blog Entries
    You've got a PM
    Yeah I got your PM. I've looked at those files and I could see immediately what you were talking about and ... what was wrong, ....and I know how to fix it, so I don't see major problems.
    I'll do all that stuff you suggest and will start working on the settings and trials of the game to see if I can get a better balance. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    I assume that you could have HUN turn into U13 via event, perhaps having the HUN tag continue to exist in one of the cities that the counter-revolutionary government was held in and go on like that.
    Well, strictly the Soviet government wasn't very stable at the Transdanubia, which was mostly held by Horthy's "armies". Not to mention there were other counterrevolutionary goverments in Szeged, Arad, Vienna.
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember a while back I had asked on the DH forum about Hungarian leaders for AAR etc. I asked about soviet and Horthy-Hungary and so we came to the conclusion, at least a few of us did, that the Soviet Hungary tag would be best used for the Bela Kun regime etc etc. So I actually sorted out both HUN and U13 ministers and leaders for the 1918-36 period. I was wondering if you were interested in using them. I assume that you could have HUN turn into U13 via event, perhaps having the HUN tag continue to exist in one of the cities that the counter-revolutionary government was held in and go on like that. You at all interested? I had posted them up in the 1914 scenario sub-forum of the DH development forum, but i can email if you want!
    Absolutely, I'll add them once i have time, Thanks! I assume they will be added to DH in 1.03?

Quote Originally Posted by korodikrisz View Post
    Well, strictly the Soviet government wasn't very stable at the Transdanubia, which was mostly held by Horthy's "armies". Not to mention there were other counterrevolutionary goverments in Szeged, Arad, Vienna.
    Could you elaborate a bit more on this? It's very interesting.
    Last edited by Burning; 20-04-2012 at 17:43.
    Download

56 games registered

Blog Entries
    @Burning:
    Been working on the 1st ai and it is looking good, just needs tweaking to refine a little.
    Does take time, so tomorrow it will be the turn of the 2nd outfit you gave me.
    But by end of tomorrow that job should be done. Cheers

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? It's very interesting.
    Do you mean, write about it here?
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by korodikrisz View Post
    Do you mean, write about it here?
    jup, i'd be very interested in reading more about this, it would also be OK if you simply linked literature (preferably free & online), so i can get an impression on that.

@Burning:
    Been working on the 1st ai and it is looking good, just needs tweaking to refine a little.
    Does take time, so tomorrow it will be the turn of the 2nd outfit you gave me.
    But by end of tomorrow that job should be done. Cheers
    Cool, i wasn't aware the issue was that obvious! What was the issue?

BTW: you need to commit your local changes to the repository, so the rest of us can use them, else they will remain on your local disk. Remember to fill out the changelog-field when committing, it should contain information about what you added/changed.
    Last edited by Burning; 21-04-2012 at 14:35.
    Download

Remember to fill out the changelog-field when committing, it should contain information about what you added/changed.
    Very very beneficial when making changelogs.

(How do you do the lists in TurtoiseSVN Burning?)
    Now with CCIP!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast