• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone! As a newcomer, I may not fully grasp the whole DH event system, but anyways: I was testing DH 1.03 + the alpha version of AAR for 1.03 (aar-nightly) as Austria-Hungary and got a rather strange outcome of WW1. I managed to get Serbia, Russia and Italy out of the war; just as I transferred my divisions to the Franco-Belgian front (december 1918), Wilhelm II abdicates, Germany leaves the alliance and gets the Versailles harsh conditions. So now I find myself as the leader of the Central Powers, either isolated in Belgium or slowly dragging my troops out of Germany, while the Entente wouldn't accept (or offer) any peace conditions. The entire situation is pretty gamey and I wouldn't keep on playing, but perhaps this will provide some ideas for the developers.

Trying this out as Republican China and good lord its hard, the events for the 21 demands (+5 dissent) triggers 3 or 4 times sometimes and then pretty much all my provinces revolt. Is it meant to be so difficult to get through as the Republic? Any strategies I should be aware of?

Hi everyone! As a newcomer, I may not fully grasp the whole DH event system, but anyways: I was testing DH 1.03 + the alpha version of AAR for 1.03 (aar-nightly) as Austria-Hungary and got a rather strange outcome of WW1. I managed to get Serbia, Russia and Italy out of the war; just as I transferred my divisions to the Franco-Belgian front (december 1918), Wilhelm II abdicates, Germany leaves the alliance and gets the Versailles harsh conditions. So now I find myself as the leader of the Central Powers, either isolated in Belgium or slowly dragging my troops out of Germany, while the Entente wouldn't accept (or offer) any peace conditions. The entire situation is pretty gamey and I wouldn't keep on playing, but perhaps this will provide some ideas for the developers.

Hey CM the Germans are supposed to lose the war right now. There are no alt history events at this time. This is to set up the post war situation since the 1914 Scenario ends shortly after the war. The whole idea of the AAR mod was to allow you to play from 1914 to the end. The devs for the mod are no longer working on it. If you go to the AAR Reboot thread some updates have been done but, the guy working on it seems to have taken a long rest. The thread has some ideas about bugs also. I hope this helps.
delanonne

Trying this out as Republican China and good lord its hard, the events for the 21 demands (+5 dissent) triggers 3 or 4 times sometimes and then pretty much all my provinces revolt. Is it meant to be so difficult to get through as the Republic? Any strategies I should be aware of?

Hey C check out my other post. That is not supposed to happen but once. The beta reboot version works fairly well and has some tips for bugs. I hope this helps.
delanonne

Hey guys,

Just wondered if you have an event chain in for a Soviet victory in the Soviet-Polish war of 1920-21 ? A world without the Miracle on the Vistula would be susceptable to a Red invasion of Germany in support of a Spartacist/October days style uprising by the KPD. I was considering making a scenario for it but realised you've probably already got the tools (if not the event chain) in place much more than I have and rather than duplicate effort I wanted to a) enquire if it would come off and b) if there is interest in a self-contained submission that would set a flag in order to put a ripple effect into the mod? (changing event chances would be a major part of it, and obviously various stances and events would occur that didn't IRL!)

EDIT: Shoulda read the whole thread... if people are still AWOL I may just use AAR as a base and generate the alternate version so it can integrate without major issues.

I would like to mention that if I recall correctly Argentina starts off as building 2 "bb-1" battleships Moreno and Rivadavia. These were infact Super Dreadnoughts. Also please reduce build times. It is kinda ridiculous. Aircraft take a little too much IC in my all around HOI experience. Also Ship build times in particular, playing as Spain I've tried to build up the NAvy but a Battleship takes FIVE YEARS! It is crazy, I'll try editing them myself but it is honestly very weird.