+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Arms, Armistice and Revolutions: General Discussion Thread

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Burning View Post
    Yea, it does what it says: 403 Restricted!
    Means: The website it not down, it simply does not service your IP. They are doing ip-based access control and might just be blocking our address range or Nation.
    Well, I ca still not access with American IP addresses. For some reason, Limith has access though.

DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    Well, I ca still not access with American IP addresses. For some reason, Limith has access though.
    It was through my University IP (VPN)
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

Great mod guys...right up until the Great Depression sank me into -200,000 without ever disappearing. But other than that, a lot of fun. Looking forward to the update.
    Intertwining Fates
    CSA (1861 - 1882)
    USA (1882 - Ongoing)
    Indefinite Hiatus

From a Certain Perspective
    USA: 1836 onwards

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

I just finished WWI as the Italians. I didn't ever get an offer to join the Entente. Oddly enough Switzerland joined the Entente, or France declared war on them and then they joined...I can't quite remember. Anyway since most of the French army was locked up with the Germans I was able to conquer 95% of France. They gave me a run for my money in Africa but ultimately they lost. Since the Germans were the alliance leader they were in charge of the peace. They choose the status quo and I got jack squat!!! Is there anything you all could add that would give Italy some love in this situation? This is the same problem I have in WWII being the Axis.

As it is, I just cheated and demanded a small chunk of France that bordered me. I'm trying to decide if I should demand Algeria as well...even though I didn't conquer it.
    I'm still clinging to my guns and my God.

EU 1,3
    HoI 2, DD, Armagedon, and HoI 3

i just got "airforce too large" as italy, which deleted most of my airplanes i built... how to turn this off? it's event 133000802 i think, and i found in aar-events AAR-ALL-disarmament.txt and AAR-ALL disarmament.disabled.txt , how to active this disabled one? just copy it over standard one? or if not this way, hot to turn this off otherwise?

sorry for posting it in wrong thread...

i removed it by deleting all the contents of both disarmament txt files, i wonder if this will break other parts of the game?
    Last edited by juice99; 31-07-2012 at 18:35.

Hey guys,

is it possible to start a game from 1918 or 1920 (after the end of the 1st world war) with historical borders?

Much obliged for your help.

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Aenima View Post
    Hey guys,

is it possible to start a game from 1918 or 1920 (after the end of the 1st world war) with historical borders?

Much obliged for your help.
    The mod includes a saved game file set in 1918. You'll see it to the left on the interface where the saved games are found. I think it was saved as Nicaragua, but you can play as any country of course.
    "Was your court at the trial of Visser constituted in any way like this, what rule did you shoot him under?"

"Like this?? ... oh no sir, it was not quite like this... no no sir, it wasn't quite so handsome...and as for rules... we didn't carry military manuals around with us... we were out on the veldt fighting the Boer the way he fought us.... I'll tell you what rule we applied sir, we applied Rule Three-OH-Three .... we caught them and we shot them under Rule Three-OH-Three!!!!"

I have a question. Supposing you play as the Ottoman Empire, and you decide to not join the Central Powers, what if any events that are special may occur?

Arms, Armistice 'n Revolutions Burning's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by JosunUrashima View Post
    I have a question. Supposing you play as the Ottoman Empire, and you decide to not join the Central Powers, what if any events that are special may occur?
    None. We can't even cover Alternative history for the "major nations" yet. ;-)
    Arms, Armistice and Revolutions
    The Interwar Mod for Darkest Hour Full
    Download

Please report bugs regarding the AAR here: at this thread
    YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH ME THROUGH ONE OF THE BELOW INSTANT MESSENGERS!
    DO NOT CONTACT ME VIA FORUM-PM, MY INBOX IS CONSTANTLY FULL!

| | | ICQ: 69608459 | | | Bitcoin | | | jabber: metro@jabber.ccc.de | | | email: burning@cfuchs.net

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

Hey guys i've been playing the most recent edition of your wonderful mod and I was just wondering how does one get France to surrender as Germany in the full AAR scenario? I've defeated the Russians already and own most of France's eastern VP cities and land including Paris. At what point should the surrdender event fire or is there not one and one has to totally destroy the French? I've controlled Paris for over a year now.
    As another point I fear Austro-Hungary is overpowered as it simply steam rolled through Italy, although Italy had put a lot of effort into destroying Switzerland (which had been attacked by France in 1914)
    Cheers, Jwb
    "The bureaucracy is expanding, to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy" - Oscar Wilde

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen" - Sir Winston Churchill

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Archlord101 View Post
    Hey guys i've been playing the most recent edition of your wonderful mod and I was just wondering how does one get France to surrender as Germany in the full AAR scenario? I've defeated the Russians already and own most of France's eastern VP cities and land including Paris. At what point should the surrdender event fire or is there not one and one has to totally destroy the French? I've controlled Paris for over a year now.
    Strange, then something seems to be odd with the DH-full WW1 events. Sorry, nothing we can do about that, those are not our events. Also, most of them will be reworked in 1.03, so there is little point in fixing them. I suggest you simply reload an old savegame and continue the game from there on.

Quote Originally Posted by Archlord101 View Post
    As another point I fear Austro-Hungary is overpowered as it simply steam rolled through Italy, although Italy had put a lot of effort into destroying Switzerland (which had been attacked by France in 1914)
    @AH: yea, Italy and AH are pretty well balanced. If one makes a MAJOR mistake, the other will steamroll them.
    Download

| | | ICQ: 69608459 | | | Bitcoin | | | jabber: metro@jabber.ccc.de | | | email: burning@cfuchs.net

DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

They weren't exactly reworked as they were fixed to fire earlier to prevent death spirals.
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    They weren't exactly reworked as they were fixed to fire earlier to prevent death spirals.
    Well, that's true.
    Download

Could you give me advice?
    When WW1 is over is it the best to disband army? And simply create new before WW2?
    So I would save lots of IC (supplying and reinforcing).
    What will I lose doing this? Manpower?

Another question (but not AAR specifically) - building new division cost same MP when mobilized as when demobilized, right? But if you build when your army is demobilized you will have only 1/3 of strength. And when you mobilize will you spend precious MP reinforcing this new division? If yes then MP-wiser to build divisions only when mobilized (so they start with full strength), right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexar_kg View Post
    But if you build when your army is demobilized you will have only 1/3 of strength
    I'm fairly sure all new divisions arrive at maximum strength.

Is it possible to attempt to restore the monarchy as Germany? also where can i download the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by SebbeCalner View Post
    Is it possible to attempt to restore the monarchy as Germany?
    Yes, we have the Kapp-Lüttwitz Putsch in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SebbeCalner View Post
    also where can i download the mod?
    Uhm... the first posting in the announcements thread. See my signature
    Download

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

deep down in sunken R`lyeh or on the Island of Nethescurial
    Ive played a game with Germany on VH recently (turning of my malus though); what really bothered me though was that I wasn't allowed to build any air force until WWII kicked in, which meant that half of my industry was bombed by the British Air Force in my first war winter.
    Really looking forward to 1.03 and your next update !!!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

No idea if anyone's said this, but it seems that there are a few problems with how playing a Central Powers Italy works.
    For one, when you ally with A-H in return for the promise of the Adriatic coast, they end up leaving their alliance with you to ally with Germany later due to how the events are ordered. (This happened to me, anyways)
    Also, you never get the Adriatic coast, even if the Central Powers win, as they did in my game.
    I must ask, also, whether the same kinds of dissension and revolt would occur in Italy if they did well in the war and were in the Central Powers. It seems a Central Italy isn't fleshed out as a concept.

Problems with Strategic Redeployment...

Hey,

I can't seem to redeploy with my garrisons at all - the option to Strategically Redeploy just doesn't show on any unit.

I've got the Mobilization tech...am I missing something obvious?

Great mod though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast