• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is your problem: without revolution, no peace of brest-litowsk -> no baltic states. And also no Poland and thus no WW2. ;)

Just wait until the Czar has to abdicate (i guess ) the Germans send Lenin back to Russia. That kicks off the "red" part of the revolution.

Looking at the triggers for the beginning of the event chain, it requires (if I am reading it correctly) Russia to be at war, and have dissent at least 35, for the Petrograd strikes to trigger (which is required for the rest of the chain to even begin). Alternately, 80% chance if dissent is only 30, 60% chance if dissent is higher than 25 and it is at least 1916, 60% chance if dissent is higher than 16 and it is at least 1917. The problem seems to be that the event as a whole only has a 25% chance, even if the conditions are met - thus even though I maintained a nearly 40% dissent without any efforts to lower it (deliberately - normally that would be one of my top priorities to fix, lol) throughout the period from late 1914 until 1928, the Petrograd strikes never triggered, and thus the entire rest of the revolution event chain never had a chance to fire either. With the way the events are setup now, it seems like the Soviet revolution is actually very UNLIKELY to happen, rather than happening "most of the time".

### Russian revolution
event = {
id = 2104514 # Strikes at Petrograd
country = RUS

trigger = {
random = 25
atwar = yes
OR= {
dissent = 35
AND = {
dissent = 30
random = 80
}
AND = {
year = 1916
dissent = 25
random = 60
}
AND = {
year = 1917
dissent = 16
random = 60
}
}
}

Looking at the triggers for the beginning of the event chain, it requires (if I am reading it correctly) Russia to be at war, and have dissent at least 35, for the Petrograd strikes to trigger (which is required for the rest of the chain to even begin). Alternately, 80% chance if dissent is only 30, 60% chance if dissent is higher than 25 and it is at least 1916, 60% chance if dissent is higher than 16 and it is at least 1917. The problem seems to be that the event as a whole only has a 25% chance, even if the conditions are met - thus even though I maintained a nearly 40% dissent without any efforts to lower it (deliberately - normally that would be one of my top priorities to fix, lol) throughout the period from late 1914 until 1928, the Petrograd strikes never triggered, and thus the entire rest of the revolution event chain never had a chance to fire either. With the way the events are setup now, it seems like the Soviet revolution is actually very UNLIKELY to happen, rather than happening "most of the time".

Yes, you are reading the event triggers correctly. I'm not sure about the possibilities though, whether they additive, multiplicative or just the highest value in a "true" clause counts. Though, I have NEVER seen Russia survive WW1 in any of my games, once it had lost territory to Germany. Sure, I've seen them beat the hell out of the central powers, but I've really never seen a collapsing Russian empire that did NOT experience the red revolution.

Is there a mod that is compatible with AAR that adds more events and other interesting things after WWII?
Any mod that expands on the DH-Full WW2 and does not redo the techtree should be fully compatible with AAR by design, if it's events are scripted in a halfway sane way. Just copy over the events, add the event files to db/aar-events.txt and have fun!

Last edited:
Yes, you are reading the event triggers correctly. I'm not sure about the possibilities though, whether they additive, multiplicative or just the highest value in a "true" clause counts.

The issue is that the first "random = 25" causes the entire rest of the trigger conditions to not matter 75% of the time...so the best case (in terms of "likelihood to have a revolution") scenario is the case where your dissent is 35 or higher, which gives a 25% chance of revolt. If your dissent is between 30 and 34.99 then you end up with only a 20% chance of revolt, unless it is after 1916/17, in which case you get an extra "roll of the dice" against the 3rd and 4th conditions, but in no case will the chance be higher than 25% because that has to be met before anything in the "OR={}" section even needs evaluated.

And as though to "prove" the probabilities (within a statistically insignificant sample size ;)) my 4th game has just had the strikes occur in early January, 1917...

The issue is that the first "random = 25" causes the entire rest of the trigger conditions to not matter 75% of the time...so the best case (in terms of "likelihood to have a revolution") scenario is the case where your dissent is 35 or higher, which gives a 25% chance of revolt. If your dissent is between 30 and 34.99 then you end up with only a 20% chance of revolt, unless it is after 1916/17, in which case you get an extra "roll of the dice" against the 3rd and 4th conditions, but in no case will the chance be higher than 25% because that has to be met before anything in the "OR={}" section even needs evaluated.

And as though to "prove" the probabilities (within a statistically insignificant sample size ;)) my 4th game has just had the strikes occur in early January, 1917...

Code:
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1914 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1925 }

'Nuff said.

Yup, I was just looking at what would be a good offset value to use :p I was actually thinking of using an offset of 30 to check monthly instead of "weekly" as in yours. I'd also likely want to guarantee the revolt at the end of whatever date range, at least until there are further events written for Russia post-WWI. Should be a simple fix though, now that I've managed to track down what the actual issue is :)

Any mod that expands on the DH-Full WW2 and does not redo the techtree should be fully compatible with AAR by design, if it's events are scripted in a halfway sane way. Just copy over the events, add the event files to db/aar-events.txt and have fun![/QUOTE]

So would the New World Order 2 mod work for that? Sorry I'm new for all this modding stuff

Any mod that expands on the DH-Full WW2 and does not redo the techtree should be fully compatible with AAR by design, if it's events are scripted in a halfway sane way. Just copy over the events, add the event files to db/aar-events.txt and have fun!

So would the New World Order 2 mod work for that? Sorry I'm new for all this modding stuff[/QUOTE]

I too would love to know if AAR and NWO2 can be merged.

So would the New World Order 2 mod work for that? Sorry I'm new for all this modding stuff

I too would love to know if AAR and NWO2 can be merged.
I think it should work (i see no reason why it shouldn't) and suggest you try it out. I never have.

From what I've seen you will need to merge the NWO-files db/revolt.txt, db/events.txt, config/mods.csv and config/world_names.csv with AAR's counterparts.
Also you will need to load the correct AI-scripts for all nations, as i think there are no events in NWO that select the correct post-war AI behavior.

Last edited:
We have at least 2 people offering to help the mod team on the tracker, in case you haven't seen.
Oh? Cool! Where? Maybe I'm just blind...

These are old tickets, but I haven't seen a reply from you regarding them, so.
Oh, those, yea, i've seen them. Though i'm unsure what to make of them

Modifies DH-full, not AAR... I'll forward it to DH, if it's wanted.

I was waiting for updates in this one too :)

All of those things are known to to us, either we fixed them already, they will be fixed soon, or can't be fixed (airports, but we do have a workaround for that now). It's great that brankorudic want's to help, but he left no contact information whatsoever, so i can't even directly communicate with him. Did he get in touch with you?

I think it should work (i see no reason why it shouldn't) and suggest you try it out. I never have.

From what I've seen you will need to merge the NWO-files db/revolt.txt, db/events.txt, config/mods.csv and config/world_names.csv with AAR's counterparts.
Also you will need to load the correct AI-scripts for all nations, as i think there are no events in NWO that select the correct post-war AI behavior.

How difficult would this be for the regular end-user to do ultimately?

How difficult would this be for the regular end-user to do ultimately?

If a "regular user" knows how to handle a text editor well, then it should be really easy (copy & paste + remove duplicate entries). If on top of that, the "regular user" know how to use the utility diff, then it should be even faster.

Last edited:
If I were to include the national anthem for various Chinese factions, would you (the player) prefer to listen to the orchestral version (no vocals) if available (I think only for CHI and PRC), or would you prefer the vocal version?

http://info.gio.gov.tw/public/MMO/photo/3國家建設篇-合唱版_WMV9_Widescreen_960x540.wmv

vs

http://info.gio.gov.tw/public/MMO/photo/4國家建設篇-演奏版_WMV9_Widescreen_960x540.wmv

I already have UCH, CHC, and CHI. Will find a (hopefully good) copy of RoC and PRC soon. RoC one on wiki is a midi and the PRC one from wiki (aside from the orchestral only) sounds awfully out of tune.

Last edited: