• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After a long, long night (we krauts never give up^^)... thanks for the answers.

This...

Best method to get historical outcome:

Keep a large enough force to hold back Western Allies while mobilising most of your forces against Russia.

...is what i did the last few trys.

The thing that i was missing is the "peace with the bloschewiks"-event, you NEED to trigger that one and you NEED to got a unrest of at least 10% to be able to do so.

Well, i stalwartet the western front and kept my unrest too low... i thought that it is enough to send lenin back to russia and didn´t trigger the peace-event, thats what drove me almost insane for some days.

@ifail: if you still don´t able to get it, a little "workaround".

Don´t choose the schieffenplan, just declare war to france.
Its really no biggie to hold the small front at metz.

Then, in the begin of 1918 save
- enter the savegame as england
- cheat :x (press f 12, enter "freedom", change you politiks to hawk lobby, intervention and maybe autocrat until you can join the alliance with france (chance is always 100%).
- change the politiks of england back
- save and enter the game as germany

Now you got the western countries in the historical situation

and hopefully you was able to kick the russia/soviets ass...
otherwise you need to ressurect Simo Häyhä ;)

Last edited:
After a long, long night (we krauts never give up^^)... thanks for the answers.

This...

...is what i did the last few trys.

The thing that i was missing is the "peace with the bloschewiks"-event, you NEED to trigger that one and you NEED to got a unrest of at least 10% to be able to do so.

Well, i stalwartet the western front and kept my unrest too low... i thought that it is enough to send lenin back to russia and didn´t trigger the peace-event, thats what drove me almost insane for some days.

@ifail: if you still don´t able to get it, a little "workaround".

Don´t choose the schieffenplan, just declare war to france.
Its really no biggie to hold the small front at metz.

Then, in the begin of 1918 save
- enter the savegame as england
- cheat :x (press f 12, enter "freedom", change you politiks to hawk lobby, intervention and maybe autocrat until you can join the alliance with france (chance is always 100%).
- change the politiks of england back
- save and enter the game as germany

Now you got the western countries in the historical situation

and hopefully you was able to kick the russia/soviets ass...
otherwise you need to ressurect Simo Häyhä ;)

Don't forget acceptall so that you can make sure the alliance goes on the first try.

I started my first go of AAR from 1918 save game. It's 1922 now, I've basically won the civil war, destroyed the rebels in the caucasus and arhangelsk government and will annex them in a few months. I still have to deal with central asia and far east but that's no biggie.

The problem are the Poles who declared war on me and pushed easily through my weakened defenses. I will be able to relocate some 20 divisions there soon which should be enough to turn them back but I'm trying to get a historical ww2 and I'm not sure what historical course of action would be.

Historically, Poland invaded, Soviets beat them back to Warsaw and then got beaten back in turn. How does that translate into AAR? Do I need to win (conquer Poland) to get historical outcome or do I need to just let them take more territory for historical outcome? Is there an event for historical outcome in either case?

Thanks.

I started my first go of AAR from 1918 save game. It's 1922 now, I've basically won the civil war, destroyed the rebels in the caucasus and arhangelsk government and will annex them in a few months. I still have to deal with central asia and far east but that's no biggie.

The problem are the Poles who declared war on me and pushed easily through my weakened defenses. I will be able to relocate some 20 divisions there soon which should be enough to turn them back but I'm trying to get a historical ww2 and I'm not sure what historical course of action would be.

Historically, Poland invaded, Soviets beat them back to Warsaw and then got beaten back in turn. How does that translate into AAR? Do I need to win (conquer Poland) to get historical outcome or do I need to just let them take more territory for historical outcome? Is there an event for historical outcome in either case?

Thanks.

If you just let them run over you there is a choice ot offer them "good" terms for surrender which give Poland it's historical borders.

And for some reason in this mod Poland almost always wins that war without PC interference. You playing as the SU though......

I fixed the USSR-Polish war (I THINK, can't realistically test on a netbook) in the latest version. Feel free to pummel Poland. Just don't annex it. You should get an event that gives Poland okay borders. Let me know if you don't and/or if the borders are messed up.

Alternatively, just let Poland run you over.

If you just let them run over you there is a choice ot offer them "good" terms for surrender which give Poland it's historical borders.

And for some reason in this mod Poland almost always wins that war without PC interference. You playing as the SU though......

Thanks, it did fire, giving Poland it's historical borders except they got a province bordering Latvia somehow.

I fixed the USSR-Polish war (I THINK, can't realistically test on a netbook) in the latest version. Feel free to pummel Poland. Just don't annex it. You should get an event that gives Poland okay borders. Let me know if you don't and/or if the borders are messed up.

Alternatively, just let Poland run you over.

Thanks, will do that next time.

To keep playing historically, I now need the Lenin wounded event, and if I got it correctly, SU must be at war or some rebels must exist. I defeated all of them, only left Turkestan for that reason. Now I need to wait for the event, and if I annex them, the event has no chance of firing, right?

It's 1923 by the way.

And, is it safe to fire it from the console now, or it will fire eventually on its own? I'd hate to wait for 1930 and not get it....

Last edited:
Welcom i have a few questions about this mod

1.Are there any historical and alter-historical for Poland?
2.Is the battle speed are that slow as in normal DH or faster?

Welcom i have a few questions about this mod

1.Are there any historical and alter-historical for Poland?
2.Is the battle speed are that slow as in normal DH or faster?

1.)There are events concerning the Soviet-Polish war, which work a lot better than in vanilla. Also there is a potential war you can have with Czechoslovakia over Lower Silesia, if you press your demands for an election/plebiscite there.
Besides that, we did not have the capacity to write political and election events for poland. But if you are knowledgeable in that area and know some basic scripting, we'd gladly offer you any help with that we can.

2.)AAR leaves the combat system and other parts (eg: graphics, music, interface, ...) of the game untouched, so you can just apply such mods on top of AAR.

Don't suppose there's any way to keep Finland from just caving to soviet demands after the end of the Russian Civil War? Guessing that's going to mess with the Winter War a bit.

There are some ways via ai or events, I think currently our policy is to not touch the RCW until 1.03 patch since RCW is being remade for 1.03 afaik. Sorry. I dunno, maybe Burning can clarify this a bit more.

I have been playing through as Great Britain and i think the air force limit is almost prefect except for tactical bombers which i think is too limited for an empire of its size, and should be increased from 3 to 5 as this would better show the scope of the RAF which had to uses its limited resources to defend the Empire. While also giving a little more room to the player to choose how best to use their assets against enemies, without being too overpowered.

I have been playing through as Great Britain and i think the air force limit is almost prefect except for tactical bombers which i think is too limited for an empire of its size, and should be increased from 3 to 5 as this would better show the scope of the RAF which had to uses its limited resources to defend the Empire. While also giving a little more room to the player to choose how best to use their assets against enemies, without being too overpowered.

I agree with this. Especially if you include the fact that the British did use Tactical bombers to try and maintain throughout the empire.

Regards quickly the RCW cores - the Polish AI could be edited to be very happy to hand over cores to the Soviets for a brief window (say 7 days post a peace being signed) with a note in the event incase someone wants a historical Soviet Union.

A question on the force limits. As Imperial Japan prior to their invasion of Manchuria I have an industrial capacity limit of 300 factories. That's OK by me. But once I invade Manchuria (anywhere from '29-'31) all of a sudden the IC limits are removed completely and I get limited in the number of troops I can build (75 divisions) and limits to my airforce and navy. Is this working as designed? Am I missing a trigger that changes the force and IC sanitizer event?

Additionally, I can have a large number of transports, but well under the limits of total warships and I am forced to scrap all but 24 (the event has three choices, but no underlying text for any ATM [1.4.1]) I can understand why it is done to prevent the player from having too many transports, but I consider the transports to be warships that can't defend them and fit under that 200 warship limit (for Japan at least). Perhaps it could be X number warships and Y number transports.

Loving the work you guys are doing, I just have a few questions. Thanks.

Does AAR affect the build orders? I loaded as France to weaken them for German invasion (Germany was stuck since 1940) and they had a massive ammount of militia divisions. I more than half of their divisions (170) were militia.
A bit weird to see.
Also, one more time requesting the implementation of 5 year plans and such economic events at least under AI. Very weird to see Soviet union under Stalin only slightly go central planing.
Germany also seems gimped compared to Allies as they only slightly move into central planing.

Does AAR affect the build orders? I loaded as France to weaken them for German invasion (Germany was stuck since 1940) and they had a massive ammount of militia divisions. I more than half of their divisions (170) were militia.
A bit weird to see.
Also, one more time requesting the implementation of 5 year plans and such economic events at least under AI. Very weird to see Soviet union under Stalin only slightly go central planing.
Germany also seems gimped compared to Allies as they only slightly move into central planing.

I have seen random countries build militia over normal infantry. Nationalist China I'm looking at you.

Also Yes to 5 year plans here as in every, single, game I have played without me taking some serious steps the Soviet's get over run by the Germans every time as Germany has an IC of over 1000 while the Soviets have roughly 250. Less then my UK, France or Canada.