• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also I would like to add that if the Russian revolution happens but Germany surrenders to the Allies after either giving a light treaty or none at all, Poland becomes a deformed country

I would like to see a thirty day notice on demobilizing troops. That way I can choose which units to eliminate. I don't appreciate having to rebuild the Hawaiian Division or the Philippine Division or the Canal Zone Garrison.
Will consider this, not sure how exactly to implement yet.
How about, instead of automatically deleting units, an event pops up warning about too many units of X type and with something like +5 descent, +5 belligerence and, maybe, +1 dove lobby and/or isolation. Belligerence would represent world opinion and descent/dove/isolation would be domestic peace protests. If the event would repeat, say, every 90 days it would be possible to have extra units but it would be costly/annoying to do so long term.

How about, instead of automatically deleting units, an event pops up warning about too many units of X type and with something like +5 descent, +5 belligerence and, maybe, +1 dove lobby and/or isolation. Belligerence would represent world opinion and descent/dove/isolation would be domestic peace protests. If the event would repeat, say, every 90 days it would be possible to have extra units but it would be costly/annoying to do so long term.

That's an interesting suggestion. It would be doable, and alot less strict for the player... actually makes sense, too. :D

But we already have an event like that Burning (dissent/belligerence/etc)! Adding a 90 day warning shouldn't be hard, just use local flags.

But we already have an event like that Burning (dissent/belligerence/etc)! Adding a 90 day warning shouldn't be hard, just use local flags.
No, we don't :) Not for landforces.

That's an interesting suggestion. It would be doable, and alot less strict for the player... actually makes sense, too. :D

I think it's also very important to allow the player control over areas that the national authority would actually have control such as choosing which units to disband. His idea is particularly good for nations like the US when they have plenty of or positive manpower, but still have too many divisions for Congress and the public to accept.

I also like the idea of instituting a significant manpower reduction including the possibility of going negative and using the negative manpower to generate dissent until the player has disbanded enough forces to bring the manpower levels to zero or higher or if he decides to, live with some dissent.

One thing that bothers me is that I haven't seen anyway to bring the mobilization levels below 6 after a war is over. I don't recall seeing any events that do that and you can't do that as a player. There ought to be some way for the player to determine the level of demobilization within some range dependent on war casualties. If the casualties are light you should be able to go all the way to 1 if that's what you want. If you had real heavy casualties like France and Germany did in WW1, you can only go to 6 initially and lower as time passes.

Playing as USA. Reached almost 1934.

World War I commanders still active. I have Pershing at the top of my list of generals available.

Treaty of London came to an end after never coming into force. Then I got naval Treat of Washington again.

British troops still in France in 1933. Not loaned, however.

Roosevelt is president, but no New Deal events. I guess they come later.

World War I commanders still active. I have Pershing at the top of my list of generals available.
Yes, that's a DH-1.02 bug. In DH 1.03 this will be fixed. We could fix it by hand (by extensive event-scripting for each nation), but that would then have to be removed from the game again in 1.03.

Treaty of London came to an end after never coming into force. Then I got naval Treat of Washington again.
Fixed in the next version already.

British troops still in France in 1933. Not loaned, however.
Yea, that's an AI bug in the England-AI. We'll fix that in the next versions.

Roosevelt is president, but no New Deal events. I guess they come later.
AFAIR this happens later on, but the events are there.

When the Philippines become independent the Philippine Division and the Philippine Scouts are transferred over, when in real life they never were.

I gave up on my current game because Japan never invaded China and Germany remained Weimar.

Shall I unleash my event suggestions wrath yet or might I just wait? None of them are essential for a working interwar scenario. It's more about flavor. So if the essential stuff is not done yet I'm just leaving it for later

Shall I unleash my event suggestions wrath yet or might I just wait? None of them are essential for a working interwar scenario. It's more about flavor. So if the essential stuff is not done yet I'm just leaving it for later
You can post them in a ticket and we'll assign it for later. Although the best time would be to post suggestions after 1.5.0 comes out (or 1.4.3). Neither Burning nor I have much time right now to implement event suggestions. The next release will be mostly bug fixes.

hey guys,

i'd only like o say, that you're mod offers a lot of fun to me and changed the way of playing DH. keep it running guys ;-)

and the 2nd thing is, that i heavily support your idea of implementing Kaiserreich into AAR. I don't know, but will the kaiserreich dev team help you implementing KR and creating some interwar-german-victory-events like the '27 ausgleich, german-chinese intervention etc? or will you take the tasks yourself?

This mod is great fun.
I started a game as Imperial Germany, defeated Russia (after it turned into the Soviet Union) but I failed to defeat France fast enough so I lost WW1, so it was quite historical.

After the defeat I was 'good Germany' for almost 2 decades, paying reparations, respecting the Treaty of Versailles.

However, this ended in the 1930s where I decided to elect the Communist candidate for President and became the GDR. Now, in august 1939, I have declared war on Poland with the aim of liberating it from its capitalist oppressors.

Just some things I noticed:

there doesn't seem to be any Great Depression related events for Germany
I don't really understand the periodic League of Nation events where you can choose a list of options like 'I love Geneva', or 'There is something wrong with the league' etc - what is the purpose of these events?

More seriously, if you decide to become GDR there doesn't seem to be any event which causes WW2, so the only way you can have a WW2 as GDR is by using spy actions to raise the beligerence of a country you want to DoW and mod the save game file to reduce relations with that country. I would've thought that if you gave the option of becoming Communist Germany, there would be some event enabling Communist Germany to participate in WW2. However, it seems no such event exists and it's only possible to go to war by modding the save game file? Is this intended?

Maybe we forgot to include some DH vanilla event files? Iirc, there should be some events from the vanilla 1933 scenario for "the final struggle" that allows you to start WWII, but it's far worse than manual DoW's (I never use "the final struggle" since it is hardcoded to bring the USA into the war, it's much better to manually declare war, so you haven't really lost anything except flavor events). If you want the events, you can modify your save game to have the events be loaded on save load.

Last edited: