• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea, it does what it says: 403 Restricted!
Means: The website it not down, it simply does not service your IP. They are doing ip-based access control and might just be blocking our address range or Nation.

Well, I ca still not access with American IP addresses. For some reason, Limith has access though.

I just finished WWI as the Italians. I didn't ever get an offer to join the Entente. Oddly enough Switzerland joined the Entente, or France declared war on them and then they joined...I can't quite remember. Anyway since most of the French army was locked up with the Germans I was able to conquer 95% of France. They gave me a run for my money in Africa but ultimately they lost. Since the Germans were the alliance leader they were in charge of the peace. They choose the status quo and I got jack squat!!! Is there anything you all could add that would give Italy some love in this situation? This is the same problem I have in WWII being the Axis.

As it is, I just cheated and demanded a small chunk of France that bordered me. I'm trying to decide if I should demand Algeria as well...even though I didn't conquer it. :)

i just got "airforce too large" as italy, which deleted most of my airplanes i built... how to turn this off? it's event 133000802 i think, and i found in aar-events AAR-ALL-disarmament.txt and AAR-ALL disarmament.disabled.txt , how to active this disabled one? just copy it over standard one? or if not this way, hot to turn this off otherwise?

sorry for posting it in wrong thread...

i removed it by deleting all the contents of both disarmament txt files, i wonder if this will break other parts of the game?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

is it possible to start a game from 1918 or 1920 (after the end of the 1st world war) with historical borders?

Much obliged for your help.

The mod includes a saved game file set in 1918. You'll see it to the left on the interface where the saved games are found. I think it was saved as Nicaragua, but you can play as any country of course.

I have a question. Supposing you play as the Ottoman Empire, and you decide to not join the Central Powers, what if any events that are special may occur?

None. We can't even cover Alternative history for the "major nations" yet. ;-)

Hey guys i've been playing the most recent edition of your wonderful mod and I was just wondering how does one get France to surrender as Germany in the full AAR scenario? I've defeated the Russians already and own most of France's eastern VP cities and land including Paris. At what point should the surrdender event fire or is there not one and one has to totally destroy the French? I've controlled Paris for over a year now.
As another point I fear Austro-Hungary is overpowered as it simply steam rolled through Italy, although Italy had put a lot of effort into destroying Switzerland (which had been attacked by France in 1914)
Cheers, Jwb

Hey guys i've been playing the most recent edition of your wonderful mod and I was just wondering how does one get France to surrender as Germany in the full AAR scenario? I've defeated the Russians already and own most of France's eastern VP cities and land including Paris. At what point should the surrdender event fire or is there not one and one has to totally destroy the French? I've controlled Paris for over a year now.
Strange, then something seems to be odd with the DH-full WW1 events. Sorry, nothing we can do about that, those are not our events. Also, most of them will be reworked in 1.03, so there is little point in fixing them. I suggest you simply reload an old savegame and continue the game from there on.

As another point I fear Austro-Hungary is overpowered as it simply steam rolled through Italy, although Italy had put a lot of effort into destroying Switzerland (which had been attacked by France in 1914)
@AH: yea, Italy and AH are pretty well balanced. If one makes a MAJOR mistake, the other will steamroll them.

Could you give me advice?
When WW1 is over is it the best to disband army? And simply create new before WW2?
So I would save lots of IC (supplying and reinforcing).
What will I lose doing this? Manpower?

Another question (but not AAR specifically) - building new division cost same MP when mobilized as when demobilized, right? But if you build when your army is demobilized you will have only 1/3 of strength. And when you mobilize will you spend precious MP reinforcing this new division? If yes then MP-wiser to build divisions only when mobilized (so they start with full strength), right?

Ive played a game with Germany on VH recently (turning of my malus though); what really bothered me though was that I wasn't allowed to build any air force until WWII kicked in, which meant that half of my industry was bombed by the British Air Force in my first war winter.
Really looking forward to 1.03 and your next update !!!

No idea if anyone's said this, but it seems that there are a few problems with how playing a Central Powers Italy works.
For one, when you ally with A-H in return for the promise of the Adriatic coast, they end up leaving their alliance with you to ally with Germany later due to how the events are ordered. (This happened to me, anyways)
Also, you never get the Adriatic coast, even if the Central Powers win, as they did in my game.
I must ask, also, whether the same kinds of dissension and revolt would occur in Italy if they did well in the war and were in the Central Powers. It seems a Central Italy isn't fleshed out as a concept.

Problems with Strategic Redeployment...

Hey,

I can't seem to redeploy with my garrisons at all - the option to Strategically Redeploy just doesn't show on any unit.

I've got the Mobilization tech...am I missing something obvious?

Great mod though!