+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Arms, Armistice and Revolutions: General Discussion Thread

o ty again lol I fail so much

After a long, long night (we krauts never give up^^)... thanks for the answers.

This...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Larkin View Post
    Best method to get historical outcome:

Keep a large enough force to hold back Western Allies while mobilising most of your forces against Russia.
    ...is what i did the last few trys.

The thing that i was missing is the "peace with the bloschewiks"-event, you NEED to trigger that one and you NEED to got a unrest of at least 10% to be able to do so.

Well, i stalwartet the western front and kept my unrest too low... i thought that it is enough to send lenin back to russia and didn´t trigger the peace-event, thats what drove me almost insane for some days.

@ifail: if you still don´t able to get it, a little "workaround".

Don´t choose the schieffenplan, just declare war to france.
    Its really no biggie to hold the small front at metz.

Then, in the begin of 1918 save
    - enter the savegame as england
    - cheat :x (press f 12, enter "freedom", change you politiks to hawk lobby, intervention and maybe autocrat until you can join the alliance with france (chance is always 100%).
    - change the politiks of england back
    - save and enter the game as germany

Now you got the western countries in the historical situation

and hopefully you was able to kick the russia/soviets ass...
    otherwise you need to ressurect Simo Häyhä
    Last edited by Wolfsblut; 25-05-2012 at 12:18.

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

save games.7z

I´m trying to upload a savegame I played as USA (1.4.1). The outcome in late 1918 is more or less historical. Maybe it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsblut View Post
    After a long, long night (we krauts never give up^^)... thanks for the answers.

This...

...is what i did the last few trys.

The thing that i was missing is the "peace with the bloschewiks"-event, you NEED to trigger that one and you NEED to got a unrest of at least 10% to be able to do so.

Well, i stalwartet the western front and kept my unrest too low... i thought that it is enough to send lenin back to russia and didn´t trigger the peace-event, thats what drove me almost insane for some days.

@ifail: if you still don´t able to get it, a little "workaround".

Don´t choose the schieffenplan, just declare war to france.
    Its really no biggie to hold the small front at metz.

Then, in the begin of 1918 save
    - enter the savegame as england
    - cheat :x (press f 12, enter "freedom", change you politiks to hawk lobby, intervention and maybe autocrat until you can join the alliance with france (chance is always 100%).
    - change the politiks of england back
    - save and enter the game as germany

Now you got the western countries in the historical situation

and hopefully you was able to kick the russia/soviets ass...
    otherwise you need to ressurect Simo Häyhä
    Don't forget acceptall so that you can make sure the alliance goes on the first try.
    The Great European Civil War Germany Victory! Complete!

From Weltkriegschaft Scharfschützenabzeichen: (&)

Horse Archer

I started my first go of AAR from 1918 save game. It's 1922 now, I've basically won the civil war, destroyed the rebels in the caucasus and arhangelsk government and will annex them in a few months. I still have to deal with central asia and far east but that's no biggie.

The problem are the Poles who declared war on me and pushed easily through my weakened defenses. I will be able to relocate some 20 divisions there soon which should be enough to turn them back but I'm trying to get a historical ww2 and I'm not sure what historical course of action would be.

Historically, Poland invaded, Soviets beat them back to Warsaw and then got beaten back in turn. How does that translate into AAR? Do I need to win (conquer Poland) to get historical outcome or do I need to just let them take more territory for historical outcome? Is there an event for historical outcome in either case?

Thanks.

Major
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    I started my first go of AAR from 1918 save game. It's 1922 now, I've basically won the civil war, destroyed the rebels in the caucasus and arhangelsk government and will annex them in a few months. I still have to deal with central asia and far east but that's no biggie.

The problem are the Poles who declared war on me and pushed easily through my weakened defenses. I will be able to relocate some 20 divisions there soon which should be enough to turn them back but I'm trying to get a historical ww2 and I'm not sure what historical course of action would be.

Historically, Poland invaded, Soviets beat them back to Warsaw and then got beaten back in turn. How does that translate into AAR? Do I need to win (conquer Poland) to get historical outcome or do I need to just let them take more territory for historical outcome? Is there an event for historical outcome in either case?

Thanks.
    If you just let them run over you there is a choice ot offer them "good" terms for surrender which give Poland it's historical borders.

And for some reason in this mod Poland almost always wins that war without PC interference. You playing as the SU though......

DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

I fixed the USSR-Polish war (I THINK, can't realistically test on a netbook) in the latest version. Feel free to pummel Poland. Just don't annex it. You should get an event that gives Poland okay borders. Let me know if you don't and/or if the borders are messed up.

Alternatively, just let Poland run you over.
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

Horse Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Larkin View Post
    If you just let them run over you there is a choice ot offer them "good" terms for surrender which give Poland it's historical borders.

And for some reason in this mod Poland almost always wins that war without PC interference. You playing as the SU though......
    Thanks, it did fire, giving Poland it's historical borders except they got a province bordering Latvia somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    I fixed the USSR-Polish war (I THINK, can't realistically test on a netbook) in the latest version. Feel free to pummel Poland. Just don't annex it. You should get an event that gives Poland okay borders. Let me know if you don't and/or if the borders are messed up.

Alternatively, just let Poland run you over.
    Thanks, will do that next time.

To keep playing historically, I now need the Lenin wounded event, and if I got it correctly, SU must be at war or some rebels must exist. I defeated all of them, only left Turkestan for that reason. Now I need to wait for the event, and if I annex them, the event has no chance of firing, right?

It's 1923 by the way.

And, is it safe to fire it from the console now, or it will fire eventually on its own? I'd hate to wait for 1930 and not get it....
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 30-05-2012 at 08:42.

i thought lenin was at 1924 event

Welcom i have a few questions about this mod

1.Are there any historical and alter-historical for Poland?
    2.Is the battle speed are that slow as in normal DH or faster?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Thanks, it did fire, giving Poland it's historical borders except they got a province bordering Latvia somehow.
    It means it was a Volunteer Army core that the Poles are occupying by accident. It happens.

Arms, Armistice 'n Revolutions Burning's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk View Post
    Welcom i have a few questions about this mod

1.Are there any historical and alter-historical for Poland?
    2.Is the battle speed are that slow as in normal DH or faster?
    1.)There are events concerning the Soviet-Polish war, which work a lot better than in vanilla. Also there is a potential war you can have with Czechoslovakia over Lower Silesia, if you press your demands for an election/plebiscite there.
    Besides that, we did not have the capacity to write political and election events for poland. But if you are knowledgeable in that area and know some basic scripting, we'd gladly offer you any help with that we can.

2.)AAR leaves the combat system and other parts (eg: graphics, music, interface, ...) of the game untouched, so you can just apply such mods on top of AAR.
    Arms, Armistice and Revolutions
    The Interwar Mod for Darkest Hour Full
    Download

Please report bugs regarding the AAR here: at this thread
    YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH ME THROUGH ONE OF THE BELOW INSTANT MESSENGERS!
    DO NOT CONTACT ME VIA FORUM-PM, MY INBOX IS CONSTANTLY FULL!

| | | ICQ: 69608459 | | | Bitcoin | | | jabber: metro@jabber.ccc.de | | | email: burning@cfuchs.net

Don't suppose there's any way to keep Finland from just caving to soviet demands after the end of the Russian Civil War? Guessing that's going to mess with the Winter War a bit.

DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Deuterium Dawn View Post
    Don't suppose there's any way to keep Finland from just caving to soviet demands after the end of the Russian Civil War? Guessing that's going to mess with the Winter War a bit.
    There are some ways via ai or events, I think currently our policy is to not touch the RCW until 1.03 patch since RCW is being remade for 1.03 afaik. Sorry. I dunno, maybe Burning can clarify this a bit more.
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron Cross
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have been playing through as Great Britain and i think the air force limit is almost prefect except for tactical bombers which i think is too limited for an empire of its size, and should be increased from 3 to 5 as this would better show the scope of the RAF which had to uses its limited resources to defend the Empire. While also giving a little more room to the player to choose how best to use their assets against enemies, without being too overpowered.
    Groupen führer for the Graphic Improvement Project
    http://www.gamersgate.com/ggtag/9651

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Horton13 View Post
    I have been playing through as Great Britain and i think the air force limit is almost prefect except for tactical bombers which i think is too limited for an empire of its size, and should be increased from 3 to 5 as this would better show the scope of the RAF which had to uses its limited resources to defend the Empire. While also giving a little more room to the player to choose how best to use their assets against enemies, without being too overpowered.
    I agree with this. Especially if you include the fact that the British did use Tactical bombers to try and maintain throughout the empire.

Regards quickly the RCW cores - the Polish AI could be edited to be very happy to hand over cores to the Soviets for a brief window (say 7 days post a peace being signed) with a note in the event incase someone wants a historical Soviet Union.
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, SIGN UP TODAY!

Wild Machines!!!
    A CK 2 mod... (?!)

A question on the force limits. As Imperial Japan prior to their invasion of Manchuria I have an industrial capacity limit of 300 factories. That's OK by me. But once I invade Manchuria (anywhere from '29-'31) all of a sudden the IC limits are removed completely and I get limited in the number of troops I can build (75 divisions) and limits to my airforce and navy. Is this working as designed? Am I missing a trigger that changes the force and IC sanitizer event?

Additionally, I can have a large number of transports, but well under the limits of total warships and I am forced to scrap all but 24 (the event has three choices, but no underlying text for any ATM [1.4.1]) I can understand why it is done to prevent the player from having too many transports, but I consider the transports to be warships that can't defend them and fit under that 200 warship limit (for Japan at least). Perhaps it could be X number warships and Y number transports.

Loving the work you guys are doing, I just have a few questions. Thanks.
    The Great European Civil War Germany Victory! Complete!

From Weltkriegschaft Scharfschützenabzeichen: (&)

Does AAR affect the build orders? I loaded as France to weaken them for German invasion (Germany was stuck since 1940) and they had a massive ammount of militia divisions. I more than half of their divisions (170) were militia.
    A bit weird to see.
    Also, one more time requesting the implementation of 5 year plans and such economic events at least under AI. Very weird to see Soviet union under Stalin only slightly go central planing.
    Germany also seems gimped compared to Allies as they only slightly move into central planing.

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
    Does AAR affect the build orders? I loaded as France to weaken them for German invasion (Germany was stuck since 1940) and they had a massive ammount of militia divisions. I more than half of their divisions (170) were militia.
    A bit weird to see.
    Also, one more time requesting the implementation of 5 year plans and such economic events at least under AI. Very weird to see Soviet union under Stalin only slightly go central planing.
    Germany also seems gimped compared to Allies as they only slightly move into central planing.
    I have seen random countries build militia over normal infantry. Nationalist China I'm looking at you.

Also Yes to 5 year plans here as in every, single, game I have played without me taking some serious steps the Soviet's get over run by the Germans every time as Germany has an IC of over 1000 while the Soviets have roughly 250. Less then my UK, France or Canada.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast