• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok guys, i have a few questions regarding the DLC which i hope you can clarify for me.

1. You can only edit One character ( your starting character) or can you create and edit an entire family? ( wife, sons/daughters).

2.It can only be used at game start and will not work for your characters several generations down the line later in the game?

Thanks for any answers.
i wonder the same

Don't know if this has already been answered or asked but can you also change province's coats of arms because I really hate playing counties that have really weird looking ones like Sambia, or Armenia.

Somebody said 40$/EUR isn't that much in comparison to other titles released these days. Well it depends. Here in my country it's about 25-45$ / 20-35EUR for a new game depending on the title and company. The base price here for CK2 will be ~30$ or ~24EUR (somebody said buy and then complain, but it's not released here yet and I don't want to pay higher price from Steam for example). Less in comparison to US or other EU countries, but quite big comparing to the earnings here. I think most of the people praising forget about such differences. That's why I decided I will wait for CK2 Gold or something with all add-ons (surely PI will release some, I bet at least two major expansions) and to save some cash for May for another release not from PI (yeah, the Blizzard one... ;)).

Somebody said 40$/EUR isn't that much in comparison to other titles released these days. Well it depends. Here in my country it's about 25-45$ / 20-35EUR for a new game depending on the title and company. The base price here for CK2 will be ~30$ or ~24EUR (somebody said buy and then complain, but it's not released here yet and I don't want to pay higher price from Steam for example). Less in comparison to US or other EU countries, but quite big comparing to the earnings here. I think most of the people praising forget about such differences. That's why I decided I will wait for CK2 Gold or something with all add-ons (surely PI will release some, I bet at least two major expansions) and to save some cash for May for another release not from PI (yeah, the Blizzard one... ;)).

no expacs only dlc. order from a retail distrobutor. is usually much cheaper

I agree with the above. While I love creating new characters, I want to edit the ones I've played as well.

Eh, little misleading but I think their intensions were good. Only thing tempting me to get it is to creat my own shield and add the Windsors. We can't have it all and if the DLC isn't your cup of tea then don't get it. Personally I think the pricing for the DLC is right on the mark and I do plan on at leadt getting one of the DLC's

Eh, little misleading but I think their intensions were good. Only thing tempting me to get it is to creat my own shield and add the Windsors. We can't have it all and if the DLC isn't your cup of tea then don't get it. Personally I think the pricing for the DLC is right on the mark and I do plan on at leadt getting one of the DLC's

Little misleading? More like blatant lies!:

"This is something that you guys here requested last autumn, so we have now made it for you.

Basically, its a ruler designer, where you can edit your character, dynasty, traits, stats and much more at the start of the game..

Who do you want to be today? When you start a new game of Crusader Kings 2 it is the question that every player faces, still finding that perfect character to play is always the challenge. You may have found the perfect place but well the man who has it just isn't quite right. A stat is a little too low, that trait is a little annoying, he could really do with a son and heir, the less said about the nose the better, and why does he have such a stupid name? Well now with the new CK2 ruler designer all these are in your
hands. Customise your character your way. Tweak and change any aspect of the character or even create an all new character and dynasty to play with. Create your portrait, change the name and dynasty and even customise your coat of arms. Change traits and stats at will and decide the size of the immediate family. The game that lets you choose your goals now will let you
choose your character."

The bolded part in particular. You can't tweak an existing character, you can only make a new one. Good sales tactic by Paradox, but they didn't deliver.

Plus the fact that they showed William the Bastard being edited in the DLC trailer. Sort of seems like it amounts to false advertising, really.

Hopefully, Paradox will pay attention to our whining and patch the DLC to be as it was advertised.

It does seem a little bait and switch. It doesn't bother me as much as making my own guy was what I wanted, but I know a lot of people wanted it to edit existing rulers, and that is how it was described.