• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can it do things like giving a claim on a foreign title or setting up the starting land (e.g. to create Owain or Llewellyn as princes (kings in game terms) of Wales)? That could be useful to me (in addition perhaps to changing some stats or traits I disagree with a specific character having). Not really interested in making completely custom rulers though. ;)

It's like my very own virtual barbie simulator

<3

I am so getting this.

Here's their traits

Barbie traits = slow, lustful, imbecile, naive appeaser, and hedonist (possible inbred)
Ken Traits = homosexual, gluttonous, depressed, and suicidal
:p

There is no such thing as absolute value, particularly in a market. The DLC can only be cheap in comparison with something else. So depending on your values and preferences the comparison can come out favourably or unfavourably.

The free patches are cheap... you cant argue against that ;)
And even though I dont care for graphics and fluff I will buy the DLC because imho the patches up to 1.05 are worth 5€.

@BurningEGO:
I dont know Alien vs Predetor but I guess that a) it was not for 5€ when it was new (wait 2 years and you might get a sale for 5-10 DLCs for CK2 for 5€ on steam) b) that there were no free content patches and c) that I would not have played it for 300+ hours during the first 2 month after I got it ;) If CK2 has a future and I realy hope and belive so I am totaly fine donating (not paying because it is voluntary) 2,5€/month for free content patches even though the donation is called DLC and is worth nothing to me.

im guessing u were hybernating, johan, because the community has requested better combat not this crap. I think your resources are better spent elsewhere.

He was looking at multiple threads asking for it, you don't even have CKII registered. I have seen very little amount of posts asking for big combat improvements, just for leaders and terrain to have a bigger impact, and naval combat.

I am hoping that this will be accessible from outside the game as a free-standing EXE, to allow for some uses other than just game-start character creation.

I am hoping that this will be accessible from outside the game as a free-standing EXE, to allow for some uses other than just game-start character creation.

I'd also love the ability to mod in spouses/sons/daughters. Possibly edit your entire family tree from IG. I've done it with editing the character files, but just having something IG would rock. Customizing your entire dynasty. If it wouldn't be that hard to program, I'd love that Paradox.

Ah nice. Thx for remember me that, but it would be cooler if i could also rename the Duke and King Titles also. Its a bit strange to have a fantasynamed province but the ruler is still duke of barcelona ;)
Yeah, I think Duchies, Kingdoms, and Empires cannot be renamed. I really wish we could modify these as well, would be fun to call England the Kingdom of Albion or something.

Also, regarding editing your entire families appearances, with this tool it wouldn't be too hard. Worst case scenario we can create a character, copy their DNA, and post it over a child/spouse DNA in the savegame file. Can do this now but it's blind luck or based on an already generated in-game character.

+1. This is something I'm mainly interested in for the modding capability, so hopefully it won't over-complicate copy-pasting the information.

Yeah, I think Duchies, Kingdoms, and Empires cannot be renamed. I really wish we could modify these as well, would be fun to call England the Kingdom of Albion or something.

Speaking of which, I hope Dynamic Naming is still under consideration over at Paradox HQ, since it was mentioned as something they'd considered when I asked King. Pretty please. <3

Last edited:
Ok guys, i have a few questions regarding the DLC which i hope you can clarify for me.

1. You can only edit One character ( your starting character) or can you create and edit an entire family? ( wife, sons/daughters).

2.It can only be used at game start and will not work for your characters several generations down the line later in the game?

Thanks for any answers.

Hey, just got hit with nostalgia from the videos music, is there anyway to mod in your own music? lets say the OST from ck1

Open your music / songs.txt file. You will see a lot of this in that file :

song = {
name = "akingisdead.ogg"

chance = {
modifier = {
factor = 1
}
}
}

add new ones for the music you want to add and name it properly like "burningthepast.ogg" . As you see, the music will not be mp3 but ogg file. Use this site to convert your mp3 to ogg file.

http://media.io/