+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First Major DLC - What you requested!

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

First Major DLC - What you requested!

We're aiming to have our first major dlc for Crusader Kings II available at April 17th.

This is something that you guys here requested last autumn, so we have now made it for you.

Basically, its a ruler designer, where you can edit your character, dynasty, traits, stats and much more at the start of the game..

Who do you want to be today? When you start a new game of Crusader Kings 2 it is the question that every player faces, still finding that perfect character to play is always the challenge. You may have found the perfect place but well the man who has it just isn't quite right. A stat is a little too low, that trait is a little annoying, he could really do with a son and heir, the less said about the nose the better, and why does he have such a stupid name? Well now with the new CK2 ruler designer all these are in your
    hands. Customise your character your way. Tweak and change any aspect of the character or even create an all new character and dynasty to play with. Create your portrait, change the name and dynasty and even customise your coat of arms. Change traits and stats at will and decide the size of the immediate family. The game that lets you choose your goals now will let you
    choose your character.

The original idea thread was http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Coat-of-Arms

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Wait are you kidding me?!

This is AWESOME!

EDIT: except I don't think historical fgures should be able to have their ethnicity or gender changed... but, besides that, this is still pure win...
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

Hmm, this intrigues me. Hope the price is right.

Keeping the ship on course Kazmir's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Sounds great! Will it be purchasable with blue coins?

Quote Originally Posted by AllThat4Nothing View Post
    EDIT: except I don't think historical fgures should be able to have their ethnicity or gender changed... but, besides that, this is still pure win...
    Why not? I mean, you don't have to change anything.

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    This is too good.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

On Double Secret Probation Comradebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Awesome!

And I'm sure no one will use it to create strong, genius, attractive grey eminences with maxxed out stats. Yup, no one will do that.

But seriously, awesome. Nothing like creating a custom ruler to throw into some random corner of the world.

Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmir View Post
    Sounds great! Will it be purchasable with blue coins?

Why not? I mean, you don't have to change anything.
    true, true.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneSword of the Stars

Couldn't tell from the vid., is there a limited pool of points for stat allocation or is it left to user discretion?

I hope the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacit_Exit View Post
    Couldn't tell from the vid., is there a limited pool of points for stat allocation or is it left to user discretion?

I hope the former.
    agree

Thank you PI for what I believe is something that can give a totally new and refreshing je ne sais quoi to the game.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Brilliant. Especially the CoA editor, I'll mess about it for hours before starting a new game...

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllThat4Nothing View Post
    agree
    what?!? you mean no 250 stat G0D rulers?!? N0O0o0O0o0!!!!!!!
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - RESUMED]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

If I understood the UI right it depends on your age how many points you have.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Sign me up, good sirs. It might even make character-creation for mods even easier, exporting those characters you modify in-game from the save files and all, modifying IDs and all only as necessary later on.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh that's brilliant! Though poor Measter's CoA builder suddenly becomes redundant
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

One question though, can you edit for Non-Player Characters as well? That, would be awesome.

Will it work on steam ?

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I didn't see anything like this coming. Great idea for a DLC.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I'm so excited that I just wanna scream.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Modder's dream tool has arrived...
    Rule the waves... rule the world...

M&T Dev-Team - Iberia Group
    MEIOU and Taxes - A mod for Europa Universalis IV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast