• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RedRalphWiggum

Field Marshal
52 Badges
Aug 10, 2008
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings III
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Probably more of a philosophical than a history question, but if you could go back in time (assume this is possible), would you try and 'fix' anything? I suppose the obvious thing would be to stop Hitler somehow, so would you do it?

As awful as things got, I would still worry they could get worse so I don't think I would.

Temporarily or permanently? I would want to see what had happened if Hitler won the war, so that would be really interresting. Or what if the central powers would have won ww1, however I'm not sure if I would want any of those permanently, since it would probably mean that I would never have been born.

Temporarily or permanently? I would want to see what had happened if Hitler won the war, so that would be really interresting. Or what if the central powers would have won ww1, however I'm not sure if I would want any of those permanently, since it would probably mean that I would never have been born.

No I mean go back in time and kill Hitler, or some such. So he'd be dead before coming to power.

Shoot Washington.

I would change WWI to were Germany wins and still have the great Kaiserreich around today :).

I was acutally thinking this before I came to your post; I have been pondering the possibilities of a German-victory WWI. Perhaps not so much for the Kaiserreich, but more for the state of affairs afterward. I would enjoy a world with Germany not being everyone's bad-guy, America doesn't develop into a debt-gobbling war machine, and where conservative values are a bit more prevalent.

Besides this, I would change the crusade where...god, am I dusty. Some Emperor was marching to help in some crusade- this was before Byzantium was ransacked- and some jack-off fleeing from the battle told him that.... Antioch? had already fallen, so there was no use. This was the final break between the Western and Eastern allies, for the most part; if he had helped, there may have been better relations, and fifty years later some other emperor would have been able to deal with the divided Turks who had invaded Anatolia, instead of worrying about the West and how little manpower he had, therefore providing a situation where it is not implausible for Byzantium to survive as a major power quite a bit longer, if not completely preventing the rise of the Ottomans in that part of Eurasia. And anything about Byzantium/Rome surviving drives me bonkers, as it just seems so...ancient and cool to me, I guess.

Being the parochial sort, I would go back and spark a republican revolution in 1832 Britain.

Shoot Washington.

British victory, British North America.

West North America becomes Mexico. Stability in that area. Nappy wars over, Pax Britannica begins. Brits help Japan industrialise, wonderful relations between the two. Germany doesn't dare challenge the power of the Royal navy. Simply too big, and it's many dominions is too large. British troops never set foot on French soil. No part of the empire realises Britain is not invincible. Soviet Union never happens. It's all rather what if what if what if, but would be interesting to go have a look at what 2012 would look like. I imagine Britain would be Europes largest economy and the dominions would all have the old union flag in the corner, and it would all be very warm and lovely.

I'd change Commonwealth policy in Ukraine making it of Triple, not Both, Nations and giving Ruthenian nobility the same position as Crown's one. Such Commonwealth would be able to survive as the major power till 20th century...
I'd also kill Zygmunt III as soon as possible changing him by his son - Władysław IV :)

I would tell Qin Shi Huang that eating mercury doesn't make you immortal but kills you instead.