• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, that one needs some explaining . . . .

Jajos Kossuth is the main instigator of the Hungarian Revolution of 1848. While he was absolutely necessary in glavanating things and getting it started, by about august, he became much to power-hungrys, inept, and as the HOG and CIC, put his inept friends and not his apt, while to him dangerous people in the post of Army Commander, leading to, in my point of view, the military defeat and surrender (instead of negotiated peace) of 1849.

And he badmouthed everyone in Hungary from the safety of the US.

I was acutally thinking this before I came to your post; I have been pondering the possibilities of a German-victory WWI. Perhaps not so much for the Kaiserreich, but more for the state of affairs afterward. I would enjoy a world with Germany not being everyone's bad-guy, America doesn't develop into a debt-gobbling war machine, and where conservative values are a bit more prevalent.

Besides this, I would change the crusade where...god, am I dusty. Some Emperor was marching to help in some crusade- this was before Byzantium was ransacked- and some jack-off fleeing from the battle told him that.... Antioch? had already fallen, so there was no use. This was the final break between the Western and Eastern allies, for the most part; if he had helped, there may have been better relations, and fifty years later some other emperor would have been able to deal with the divided Turks who had invaded Anatolia, instead of worrying about the West and how little manpower he had, therefore providing a situation where it is not implausible for Byzantium to survive as a major power quite a bit longer, if not completely preventing the rise of the Ottomans in that part of Eurasia. And anything about Byzantium/Rome surviving drives me bonkers, as it just seems so...ancient and cool to me, I guess.

Same sort of idea i had i feel that the world would have been much better off if Germany had won WWI and I am a German monarchist so yeah.

I would make Brazil abolish slavery soon after independence (1822 rather than abolishing it in 1888) and integrate the former slaves rather than marginalizing them, reform the government, modernize the economy and industrialize the country back then (rather than waiting until the XXth Century), bring far more immigrants, and make Brazil reach the Pacific Ocean like the Americans did.

But all of that is far easier said than done.

Last edited:
I would go back and tell Thukydides, that he should finish that darn book FASTER!!!!

* hides * :p

why? Wouldn't you worry about how things might change?
Well, that way hopefully Germany unites (and it did do some good in terms of European economic growth overall), but possibly under a different leadership than Bismark+Wilhelm I... hopefully more liberal. It would have improved anglo-german relations and franco-german relations too. Generally speaking, if you want to divert the course of history and avoid WW2, you will probably want to avoid WW1 as well.

Which is why the other guys suggested having Washington killed, with the assumption that a more mighty liberal British empire would have positively weighed its influence on Europe during the early 20th century, although I doubt it would have prevented the insurgents from winning or the Franco-spanish-dutch alliance from stretching out the British navy and forces worldwide (it would just made the Franco-Spanish alliance stronger IMHO). And it would also have made the later struggle for independence harder for colonies (including Ireland) :/ .

Last edited:
I'd remove Emma of Normandy from the scene, thereby significantly reducing the prospect of a Norman invasion, or indeed of any French influence in England at all. Wouldn't stop Forkbeard and Cnut conquering the realm, but given I regard the latter as one of our better kings I really wouldn't mind. Sure, Aethelred might instead marry another princess from the mainland, potentially causing similar problems, but it's a risk worth taking. Failing that, I'd give Robert the Devil a vasectomy.

I would make Brazil abolish slavery soon after independence (1822 rather than abolishing it in 1888) and integrate the former slaves rather than marginalizing them, reform the government, modernize the economy and industrialize the country back then (rather than waiting until the XXth Century), bring far more immigrants, and make Brazil reach the Pacific Ocean like the Americans did.

But all of that is far easier said than done.

In regards to Brazil, if I had control of the country, the thing I would want to do the most is stop the Alves Branco tariffs from being replaced in the 1860s, thus continuing our Mauá industrial spur.

In regards to Brazil, if I had control of the country, the thing I would want to do the most is stop the Alves Branco tariffs from being replaced in the 1860s, thus continuing our Mauá industrial spur.

I agree that would be a good idea, as would help Brazil stay in the path of industrialization.

Micro-film the Library of Alexandria. Or at least do something to protect it.

Give Thomas Paine proper french classes so that he would have been more effective in France...and of course help him to bring the revolution to Britain :)

No I mean go back in time and kill Hitler, or some such. So he'd be dead before coming to power.

You would inflict Zombie Hitler upon mankind?! Why Raph? WHY?! :eek:

I would keep the other Homos around, so we'd have some variety these days.

Let's be somewhat more contemporary... since this happened just after my birth...

I would have given John Hinckley marksmanship lessons. Dead Reagan means that modern American Conservativism is strangled in its cradle!

That ought to start some flame warring!

Let's be somewhat more contemporary... since this happened just after my birth...

I would have given John Hinckley marksmanship lessons. Dead Reagan means that modern American Conservativism is strangled in its cradle!

That ought to start some flame warring!

Meh. Actors are dime a dozen.

I would keep the other Homos around, so we'd have some variety these days.

When mankind is brutally crushed and enslaved in the Third Neanderthal War we will all curse Th3Freakie and his morbid curiosity.