• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(360190)

Corporal
1 Badges
Aug 7, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
Odecca´s HoI Map
for HoI 2, DD, Arm and AoD

major changes

The European part of the classic HoI Map with new borders, new provinces, new countries. Overall more then 600 provinces where new drawn (these are 25% of all provinces)

bigeuro.gif

New provinces

overview
map1k.png

examples:

1k-1.png

Isle of Man

1k-2.png

Chanelislands

1k-3.png

Färöer-Islands

1k-6.png

Andorra

1k-7.png

Liechtenstein

1k-8.png

Vatican-City

1k-9.png

Odessa

Germany

A completly new Germany

map1k-2.png

* 8 New provinces
* New borders
* New proince names
* changed regions
* new ressurce arrangement

The Danube

don-1k.png

The Danube is now like a sea, with 3 ports (Vienna, Budapest and Bucharest), so now Germany/Austria/ Hungaria have the possibility to enter the black sea. The delta of the black sea can be just passed if you have good relations to the owner of Izmail (like the Suez or Panama chanal)

Terrain changes

* More Cities (urban)
* More forest in Europe
* bigger Carpathian Mountains
* Ural Mountains added
* Crimean Mountains added
* Ore Mountains (Germany) added

overview over the new cities (urban)
map1k-1.png

in addition the province names on the map are now written in the national language, so in the Soviet Union in cyrilic, in Persia in persian and in Japan with Japanese symbols. (China was excluded because it would be to hard to orientate)

japfin.jpg

screens

old/new

1k-5-1.png
1k-5.png

est2k.png
est1k.png

more screens

hup1k.png

norw.jpg

Version DD/Arma

Version AoD

Really great work, Odecca - kudos! A very nice touch IMHO are province names in their original alphabets (although it gets a bit complicated with Far-Eastern countries... ;) ).

I'm also unsure about the time it would take to adapt a given mod to this map (i.e. change all the province IDs)... but it would be undoubtedly cool to play e.g. CORE (for AoD) with this work of yours.

Last edited:
Really great work, Odecca - kudos! A very nice touch IMHO are province names in their original alphabets (although it gets a bit complicated with Far-Eastern countries... ;) ).

I'm also unsure about the time it would take to adapt a given mod to this map (i.e. change all the province IDs)... but it would be undoubtedly cool to play e.g. CORE (for AoD) with this work of yours.

finally it is not such a big problem to adapt Mods to it because there are just around 10 Province IDs that changed and maybe 10 more that are new, most province IDs and even the borders to each other are still the same. I could post a list with the province changes it might help.

about the original alphabets, first of all you still see the province name in english if your cursor is over the province so its not that hard :) and I think the russian alphabet is easy to manage because some letters are the same so you can guess. China I left as it is, because it would be to hard to understand. Japan is so small that I think its no problem. Of the arabian countries I did just thoose that already existed at 1936, so mainly just the middle east.

In two weeks there will be a small addon for my map, I added cities and mountains in Europe here a screen

momis.png

some more detailed pics

pol45.png

prggg45.png

nordit452.png

A list of changes would be greatly appreciated to verify the possibility of moving this to a mod like CORE.

This looks like some very good work, congratulations!

T.

finally it is not such a big problem to adapt Mods to it because there are just around 10 Province IDs that changed and maybe 10 more that are new, most province IDs and even the borders to each other are still the same. I could post a list with the province changes it might help.

about the original alphabets, first of all you still see the province name in english if your cursor is over the province so its not that hard :) and I think the russian alphabet is easy to manage because some letters are the same so you can guess. China I left as it is, because it would be to hard to understand. Japan is so small that I think its no problem. Of the arabian countries I did just thoose that already existed at 1936, so mainly just the middle east.

In two weeks there will be a small addon for my map, I added cities and mountains in Europe here a screen

[images]
That's good. Nonetheless, even if it's only a few changed province IDs, one has to check them in every file which uses prov. IDs. I hope there are people interested in making your map fully compatible with their mods!

The different alphabets are not really an issue if China has been left as it is.

As for the addition of mountains/cities: which map modes would display those? 'cause I'd prefer to stick with the "normal" visualization (I'm rather old-fashioned, you know ;) ) and this to be left optional, if possible.

so these are the main changes, there are some more but they are just sea provinces

deleted

1018 (Egypt, UK)
961 (spain)
962 (spain)
963 (spain)
964 (spain)
1019 (Algeria, Italy)
536 (spain)
537 (spain)

added

2281 (UK) Isle of Men
2604 (UK) Channel Islands
1018 (Denmark) Faroe Islands
1019 (Germany) Helgoland
2603 (Germany) Munich
2605 (Germany) Königsberg
2485 (Germany) Rügen
961 (Germany) Halle
962 (Germany) HVA
963 (Germany) Breslau
964 (Germany) Cologne
2490 (SU) Kazan
2487 (SU) Odessa
2488 (EST) Saaremura
2602 (Vatican City)
536 (Liechtenstein)
537 (Andorra)

changed

294 ------> 435 (Copenhagen ------> Izmail)
435 ------> 294 (Izmail ------> Copenhagen )
233 (Odessa -----> Oblast Odessa)
1780 (Kazan -----> Tatarstan)

I mainly deleted the spanish islands nobody really needs and the two dessert provinces nobody could enter.

As for the addition of mountains/cities: which map modes would display those? 'cause I'd prefer to stick with the "normal" visualization (I'm rather old-fashioned, you know ;) ) and this to be left optional, if possible.

It will be a independent Addon or Mod with the cites and they would be shown always because they are on the same layer as the rivers. So for you its the best to use this version, without cities.

I mainly deleted the spanish islands nobody really needs and the two dessert provinces nobody could enter.
Do you mean Canary or Balearic islands?

It will be a independent Addon or Mod with the cites and they would be shown always because they are on the same layer as the rivers. So for you its the best to use this version, without cities.
Yes, I guess for me it would be better to stick with the first version.

Do you mean Canary or Balearic islands?

Yes, they still exist in my Mod, but now not as 7 single provinces, now there is one province for Canary and one for the Balearic islands. I never understood why Paradox added all this unimportant islands to the game. Faroe is much more important. But maybe the Devs of HoI2 spent a their hoidays on these islands ;)

Would it be possible for you to post a bigger resolution screenshot of Europe (from Portugal to Urals, more or less)? I'd like to be able to see in detail the new province borders as well. Thank you!