• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you Odecca for this great map. I've already install it and seems to be compatible with Patch Alpha 1.08 for AoD. My Check sum is PJIU. AoD has in game a brand new look now.

yes the good thing is the game data itself didnt change a lot, so there should be no problems.

If you find some misplaced, sprite just tell me, I will fix it. I saw already one in Hungary, if it will be just one of more then 600 then I will be very happy

If you find some misplaced sprite just tell me(...)
By the way: aren't some provinces too small to contain e.g. counters, an airfield, AA etc.? I think especially about Königsberg, Bremen, Hamburg, HVA ("Heeresversuchsanstalt" or...???).

Edit:

Just noticed that (at least in the link with the blank map) the province Cherbourg is lacking its name; so the province east of Calais.

Last edited:
Just noticed that (at least in the link with the blank map) the province Cherbourg is lacking its name; so the province east of Calais.

Yes, because it wont be vissible in any case, with airport and counter on it. also Odessa, Vatican, Lichentenstein and Andorra have no real name. because they are just to small.

counters, an airfield, AA

first you wont have all this things in every province. Secondly the counters are no problem they will be in the middle of the province. About the airfields, yes they are a bit to big for this small provinces. But these small provinces are cities (urban) in cities you dont have airports so I placed the airport symbol at the border of city and next province. The airport smybol for Ostpreussen for example is in the middle of the province so it should be no problem.

Here Königsberg, all placed in the province.
asd1526.jpg

Bremen, airport placed at the border to Hannover
asd1526-1.jpg

Hannover airport
asd1526-2.jpg

So I think everyone can manage to differ between them

Aside from the new provinces, are the ID's for existing provinces and most of the adjacencies the same?
Reason I ask is that if the majority of the changes are superficial, it might actually be possible to adapt mods like CORE or The Third Reich mod to this map without needing to totally go over the top re-writing everything.

Aside from the new provinces, are the ID's for existing provinces and most of the adjacencies the same?
Reason I ask is that if the majority of the changes are superficial, it might actually be possible to adapt mods like CORE or The Third Reich mod to this map without needing to totally go over the top re-writing everything.

Yes 97% of the changed provinces are the same there are just a few changes, have a look on the first page I posted all changes there. I think most changes doesnt matter for existing Mods at all, because the changes were just in unimportant provinces like the Canary Islands, the only big change is the fact that the ID of Copenhagen changed.

Even you would have an event for lets say Spain, and you get some troops because of this event, if this province is now not Spanish anymore you would have the troops in the Spanish troop pool. So they wont be lost.

what kind of polish you need :) nearly everything is possible

one from me: the golan heights in syria/israel (if not already in) and a few more provinces in Japan (inside the country, without any connection to the sea)

Interesting!

You saying you have added 600 provinces? Wow.

I think many would appreaciate it if you did something for DH tho. It has a slightly more active and progressive fan and developer base.

Personally, I'd really like a mod that made all cities with a population over X million to standarazied smaller and urban provinces

EDIT: 600 redrawn provinces :)

Last edited:
Odecca said:
golan is in, Japan I will have a look maybe 3-4 new provinces
sorry i should have installed this before - just if you announce an update already i thought i'll wait a bit.

what about portuguese Goa and a few naval provinces, like Deutsche Bucht or Kaiser Wilhelm Kanal? (no idea what kind of work i'm asking for, though :D )

Personally, I'd really like a mod that made all cities with a population over X million to standarazied smaller and urban provinces

EDIT: 600 redrawn provinces :)

Yes, just redrawn and some added. And I did finally what you wished, with the cities, in Germany there are now 8 new provinces and around 10 new urban cities (with small provinces). I also moved the ressources out of the cities and moved the industry in the cites.

The problem about the population is that in 1936 there were not so many cities with Millions of people, times were different. The problem about to many small provinces is that there wont be enough place for the icons and sprites. In Germany I took the 10 biggest cities at the time of 1936, but its not always possible add new proinces. because the map is not really big.

sorry i should have installed this before - just if you announce an update already i thought i'll wait a bit.

what about portuguese Goa and a few naval provinces, like Deutsche Bucht or Kaiser Wilhelm Kanal? (no idea what kind of work i'm asking for, though :D )

The Kaiser Wilhelm Kanal was always in the game, just not vissible. Paradox just made a connection between the two sea provinces. Thats no problem to do. you can in principle connect Berlin to Japan ... no problem.

I am no big fan of new naval provinces, because I think there are already enough. And lets say min 30% of them you never use.

I also moved the ressources out of the cities and moved the industry in the cites.

thats actually perfect for AoD: now you can increase resources output without increasing IC. North korean Juche for the world :D

EDIT: Eupen Malmedy, Südschleswig? - basically territories which are controversial

Last edited:
One from me (if not already in): a port in Antwerp, to reflect the importance of the city for the Allies' supplies (thus becoming the goal of operation Wacht am Rhein).

Also:

Yes, because it wont be vissible in any case, with airport and counter on it. also Odessa, Vatican, Lichentenstein and Andorra have no real name. because they are just to small.
(...)
[screens]
Ok, got it - I wasn't really concerned about Vatican, Andorra etc. (who could ever imagine to put something in there...?) but rather about those two French provinces and about Königsberg, Bremen etc.
Anyway, I think it's manageable, after all.