+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Odecca´s HoI Map

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Titan79 View Post
    Would it be possible for you to post a bigger resolution screenshot of Europe (from Portugal to Urals, more or less)? I'd like to be able to see in detail the new province borders as well. Thank you!
    for you

http://file1.npage.de/005676/17/bilder/asd123.png

War is over! if you want it Titan79's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Odecca View Post
    Thank you!
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Thank you Odecca for this great map. I've already install it and seems to be compatible with Patch Alpha 1.08 for AoD. My Check sum is PJIU. AoD has in game a brand new look now.

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

yes the good thing is the game data itself didnt change a lot, so there should be no problems.

If you find some misplaced, sprite just tell me, I will fix it. I saw already one in Hungary, if it will be just one of more then 600 then I will be very happy

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

If you find some misplaced sprite just tell me(...)
    By the way: aren't some provinces too small to contain e.g. counters, an airfield, AA etc.? I think especially about Königsberg, Bremen, Hamburg, HVA ("Heeresversuchsanstalt" or...???).

Edit:

Just noticed that (at least in the link with the blank map) the province Cherbourg is lacking its name; so the province east of Calais.
    Last edited by Titan79; 02-04-2012 at 18:26.
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Awesome Odecca! THANK YOU! Now if only those "buggers" at CORE mod would adopt it after you polish it a bit more...
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Titan79 View Post
    Just noticed that (at least in the link with the blank map) the province Cherbourg is lacking its name; so the province east of Calais.
    Yes, because it wont be vissible in any case, with airport and counter on it. also Odessa, Vatican, Lichentenstein and Andorra have no real name. because they are just to small.

counters, an airfield, AA
    first you wont have all this things in every province. Secondly the counters are no problem they will be in the middle of the province. About the airfields, yes they are a bit to big for this small provinces. But these small provinces are cities (urban) in cities you dont have airports so I placed the airport symbol at the border of city and next province. The airport smybol for Ostpreussen for example is in the middle of the province so it should be no problem.

Here Königsberg, all placed in the province.

Bremen, airport placed at the border to Hannover

Hannover airport

So I think everyone can manage to differ between them

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    after you polish it a bit more...
    what kind of polish you need nearly everything is possible

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Aside from the new provinces, are the ID's for existing provinces and most of the adjacencies the same?
    Reason I ask is that if the majority of the changes are superficial, it might actually be possible to adapt mods like CORE or The Third Reich mod to this map without needing to totally go over the top re-writing everything.

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Dichromate View Post
    Aside from the new provinces, are the ID's for existing provinces and most of the adjacencies the same?
    Reason I ask is that if the majority of the changes are superficial, it might actually be possible to adapt mods like CORE or The Third Reich mod to this map without needing to totally go over the top re-writing everything.
    Yes 97% of the changed provinces are the same there are just a few changes, have a look on the first page I posted all changes there. I think most changes doesnt matter for existing Mods at all, because the changes were just in unimportant provinces like the Canary Islands, the only big change is the fact that the ID of Copenhagen changed.

Even you would have an event for lets say Spain, and you get some troops because of this event, if this province is now not Spanish anymore you would have the troops in the Spanish troop pool. So they wont be lost.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

what kind of polish you need nearly everything is possible
    one from me: the golan heights in syria/israel (if not already in) and a few more provinces in Japan (inside the country, without any connection to the sea)

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

golan is in, Japan I will have a look maybe 3-4 new provinces

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Interesting!

You saying you have added 600 provinces? Wow.

I think many would appreaciate it if you did something for DH tho. It has a slightly more active and progressive fan and developer base.

Personally, I'd really like a mod that made all cities with a population over X million to standarazied smaller and urban provinces

EDIT: 600 redrawn provinces
    Last edited by Easy1; 04-04-2012 at 14:30.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Odecca
    golan is in, Japan I will have a look maybe 3-4 new provinces
    sorry i should have installed this before - just if you announce an update already i thought i'll wait a bit.

what about portuguese Goa and a few naval provinces, like Deutsche Bucht or Kaiser Wilhelm Kanal? (no idea what kind of work i'm asking for, though )

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    Personally, I'd really like a mod that made all cities with a population over X million to standarazied smaller and urban provinces

EDIT: 600 redrawn provinces
    Yes, just redrawn and some added. And I did finally what you wished, with the cities, in Germany there are now 8 new provinces and around 10 new urban cities (with small provinces). I also moved the ressources out of the cities and moved the industry in the cites.

The problem about the population is that in 1936 there were not so many cities with Millions of people, times were different. The problem about to many small provinces is that there wont be enough place for the icons and sprites. In Germany I took the 10 biggest cities at the time of 1936, but its not always possible add new proinces. because the map is not really big.

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by bestmajor View Post
    sorry i should have installed this before - just if you announce an update already i thought i'll wait a bit.

what about portuguese Goa and a few naval provinces, like Deutsche Bucht or Kaiser Wilhelm Kanal? (no idea what kind of work i'm asking for, though )
    The Kaiser Wilhelm Kanal was always in the game, just not vissible. Paradox just made a connection between the two sea provinces. Thats no problem to do. you can in principle connect Berlin to Japan ... no problem.

I am no big fan of new naval provinces, because I think there are already enough. And lets say min 30% of them you never use.

Would the America have new provinces?

Corporal
    HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Empire Builders View Post
    Would the America have new provinces?
    no, because in my opinion america is big enough and not so important

500k club

I also moved the ressources out of the cities and moved the industry in the cites.
    thats actually perfect for AoD: now you can increase resources output without increasing IC. North korean Juche for the world

EDIT: Eupen Malmedy, Südschleswig? - basically territories which are controversial

One from me (if not already in): a port in Antwerp, to reflect the importance of the city for the Allies' supplies (thus becoming the goal of operation Wacht am Rhein).

Also:

Yes, because it wont be vissible in any case, with airport and counter on it. also Odessa, Vatican, Lichentenstein and Andorra have no real name. because they are just to small.
    (...)
    [screens]
    Ok, got it - I wasn't really concerned about Vatican, Andorra etc. (who could ever imagine to put something in there...?) but rather about those two French provinces and about Königsberg, Bremen etc.
    Anyway, I think it's manageable, after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast