• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dont know what a ZOWIE is, but theres only room for one Debonair spy in Her Majesty's Secret Service. And I am HE. 007.
Well, Flint is a Yankee, and therefore superior to any supposed debonair spies in Her Majesty's Secret Servii.

Hey! You misspelt my name in the stats! It is written like this:"SVRICATES IVLIVS CAESAR"

That PM rule is a prototype. What I need are your communications of the day. You can create a txt file and copy-paste your communications in it and then copy-paste it in a PM to me. I just want to try it. If people don't like it I can change it.

That PM rule is a prototype. What I need are your communications of the day. You can create a txt file and copy-paste your communications in it and then copy-paste it in a PM to me. I just want to try it. If people don't like it I can change it.

What's to stop a player from omitting some of the info? What's to stop players from giving out passwords at the beginning of the game, and then using some random site to put their communications, sending a PM whenever there is an update? It's un-enforceable, adds a lot of hassle to the game, and conditions the players into more zombie-like behavior. Better just drop it for something else.

If you don't want to do it don't. If you want to purposefully ruin the principle by using "ingenuous" ways of cheating do it.

Don't come and whine about people using rules to their advantage then.

Principle N°1 of this game : honesty. Either you're honest and play or you cheat and win without glory. I won't enforce the rule, I'm asking everyone to participate. Period.

If you don't want to do it don't. If you want to purposefully ruin the principle by using "ingenuous" ways of cheating do it.

Don't come and whine about people using rules to their advantage then.

Principle N°1 of this game : honesty. Either you're honest and play or you cheat and win without glory. I won't enforce the rule, I'm asking everyone to participate. Period.

Wait... who the hell are you to tell me I shouldn't resort to perfectly legitimate means to give myself an advantage on this game? Going against the principle of the rule, you mean? Where's the coherence?

You also avoided the point about zombieism.

Not provinding me with your communications isn't legitimate. It's a cheat.
Yes, I only wrote PM in the rules.
Yes, by PM i mean your communications, whatever mean you use.
Yes, this is to be understood out of common sense.
Yes, brackets around ingenuous in my quote mean it's not igenuous, it's cheating.

Un-enforceable : whatever, go ahead and think yourself the best player by cheating. I cannot control that, I don't want to control that anyways.
Hassle to the game : it adds hassle to me, not the players. It isn't hard to copy-paste your PMs into a text file then back to me. Why bother play the game in the first place anyways, it's a hassle to RL.
Zombieism : how so? I don't see your point.

If you really wanna discuss this, let's do it in the proper thread. I will ignore your postings here from now on.

Thank you for the invitation.

I'll be OUT!

I will not have time over the coming 2 weeks to participate in a big.

Not provinding me with your communications isn't legitimate. It's a cheat.

No, it's called privacy. I PM GM's with my communication when they politely ask and I feel that does not compromise strategies for future games. If your intention is to get PM's from all players to figure them out better, well, there are better ways to do that.

Yes, I only wrote PM in the rules.
Yes, by PM i mean your communications, whatever mean you use.

Kiwi meant not to have lovers making Ironman JLs on Day 1.

Yes, this is to be understood out of common sense.
Yes, brackets around ingenuous in my quote mean it's not igenuous, it's cheating.

So, when it's you playing, it's all legitimate. When it's you GM'ing, it's not.

Un-enforceable : whatever, go ahead and think yourself the best player by cheating. I cannot control that, I don't want to control that anyways.

No, if I intended to use this to think myself "the best player" (and again, it's not my mentality, but yours), I would have kept my mouth shut, like you did before Kiwi's game.

Hassle to the game : it adds hassle to me, not the players. It isn't hard to copy-paste your PMs into a text file then back to me. Why bother play the game in the first place anyways, it's a hassle to RL.

It adds additional hassle to the players, if they want to protect themselves against it, coming up with codes, external sites, etc. It's the same reason why you allow faked PM's but not screenshots of faked PMs. Of course, they might choose not to, and play "send standing order on day 1 and lurk around" mode.

And by the way, this is the proper thread, considering the game has not started.

If your intention is to get PM's from all players to figure them out better, well, there are better ways to do that.

facepalm1.jpg

So, when it's you playing, it's all legitimate. When it's you GM'ing, it's not.

Rule is : provide me with your communications. Not providing communication is cheating, not being legitimately ingenuous.

It adds additional hassle to the players, if they want to protect themselves against it, coming up with codes, external sites, etc.

Rule is : provide me with your communications. Protecting against it is cheating, not being legitimately igenuous.

If you want to use passcodes, sending contradictory orders, whatever, do it. What I need is just your communications. A simple way to do that is put me in the PM loop. People do that all the time. I do that all the time. If you want to bitch about it fine, don't do it. I don't care.

I won't be running behind everyone to get their PMs. It's all up to you to judge if you're being honest and playing the game honestly.

@Telesien : thanks for joining, you won't regret that.

while i am no critic of werewolf innovation, and am actually a supporter, there seems to be a deep-seated need by GMs of late to add new rules and changes to the standard template. these seem to be off-putting to a number of players (myself most enthusiastically NOT included).

I am just tryin gto provide this community a new way of playing the game. If the cimmunity denies me, i won't bitch about it. I'll just move on and try my thing somewhere lesez.

I be drunk;

while i am no critic of werewolf innovation, and am actually a supporter, there seems to be a deep-seated need by GMs of late to add new rules and changes to the standard template. these seem to be off-putting to a number of players (myself most enthusiastically NOT included).

Personally I'd *really* like new GM's to stick to running a standard game or two before they go wild with changing things.
I'm no fan of the "spying on people's PM's" thing either. If I get a wolf or seer role, I have absolutely no idea how on earth I'd go about playing this game properly.

@drxav - you've never been submitted to the full extend of a randy PM storm yet, have you? I doubt your mailbox will be able to keep up if I do what I normally do ..

Personally I'd *really* like new GM's to stick to running a standard game or two before they go wild with changing things.
I'm no fan of the "spying on people's PM's" thing either. If I get a wolf or seer role, I have absolutely no idea how on earth I'd go about playing this game properly.

@drxav - you've never been submitted to the full extend of a randy PM storm yet, have you? I doubt your mailbox will be able to keep up if I do what I normally do ..

RanDDOS?