+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was convinced and bought the game.

Was convinced and bought the game.

I just bought the game. Why? Because Dan is a freakin' boss. Reading all the stuff online, watching the TotalBiscuit video, looking up Dan's game interview and reading all of his well-contained responses... yeah we need more people like Dan in game development. A one man team on a 1st release may not produce the most stable product but his (re)actions to the 'backlash' is a good indicator of how the game will play out in the end. So Dan, with pride I give you my $10 in support of your efforts and your future. Carry on my friend.

Thanks for the support man, it's def. not been an easy release :-/

- Dan
    Danny Green
    President & Lead Programmer
    Radioactive-Software, LLC. http://www.radioactive-software.com

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hope the game will survive this launch

I wish you all the luck Dan, you're the best.
    Knowledge is my weapon and God my ally!

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

I cringed at some of the comments myself. They should be directed at Paradox for pushing the game out the door like this. Very unprofessional of them. I would buy it nonetheless, but it's totally not my genre. However, I hope you are able to turn it around. PI doesn't deserve a dime off this one, but you do.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Quote Originally Posted by rosseau View Post
    I cringed at some of the comments myself. They should be directed at Paradox for pushing the game out the door like this. Very unprofessional of them. I would buy it nonetheless, but it's totally not my genre. However, I hope you are able to turn it around. PI doesn't deserve a dime off this one, but you do.
    I can agree with these comments. Not sure what Paradox was thinking.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of Nations500k club

I would love some comment by PI why they push releases when games are not ready. I hoped that HoI3 release won't happen again.
    Game Developer East vs West - Softcoding Team / Research Apps. / The Map 1
    Arsenal of Democracy Technical Team Mod2
    Hungarian leaders for HoI2 3 / Hungarian Improvement for HoI34

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

bought the game cause it's looking awesome (haven't played it jet since I'm on mac :P), and I like to see people like Dan get the success he truly deserve.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Agree.
    Knowledge is my weapon and God my ally!

I bought the game because I like paradox etc. I will say i am disappointed that a game in such a state as this one was O.K.'d for release as a finished product and will be weary in buying future Paradox published games on release in the future.

While I am still confident the game will get fixed, eventually and those involved in it are working hard to fix the issues it has. You guys really dropped the ball on this one.

Just to clarify since there are some who might take things the wrong way. I'm not mad at Dan, the game is a unique and interesting concept which is refreshing in the sea of same old same old games we have today. (which is another reason I bought it) I'm not mad at Paradox for giving Dan a chance to bring his game/idea to gamers. But I am disappointed in Paradox for selling this as a finished game when it clearly needs more work.
    Last edited by Sickerthansars; 31-03-2012 at 00:16.

Valid points, I should have demanded an Open BETA more strongly. It just wasn't in the cards, there are so many factors at play, and this was my first game I didn't know any better.

- Dan
    Danny Green

Really shouldn't be so hard on yourself the game is generally fun to play and like I said before the concept for it is refreshing. Gaming industry needs more people to think outside the box and willing to take risks with new ideas. The internet and the gaming community is a harsh unforgiving place. The game has lots of potential.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you had to release something, you could have maybe swung doing it as a "preorder now and get access to the mp beta!" deal.

In hindsight sir, I wish we'd taken that route....

- Dan
    Danny Green

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yeah can't fix the past

Definitely don't regret the purchase though.

Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of Nations500k club

Bought the game (not yet checked if there is a badge for it), not yet played. Maybe in the evening.

Edit: There is no badge. WTF? Paradox games should have a badge.
    Even the HoI Card game has a badge.
    Game Developer East vs West - Softcoding Team / Research Apps. / The Map 1
    Arsenal of Democracy Technical Team Mod2
    Hungarian leaders for HoI2 3 / Hungarian Improvement for HoI34

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I've been playing Gettysburg the last couple days and am having fun with it--no weird bugs and no crashes at all. I just wish the game had a forum icon so we can show our support

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    I've been playing Gettysburg the last couple days and am having fun with it--no weird bugs and no crashes at all. I just wish the game had a forum icon so we can show our support
    Lol, working on it!
    Danny Green

I bought this game knowing that it was not a game with a huge team behind it. It's pretty rough right now, but I give Dan my full support. Keep working at it!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    100% agree. Icon addiction is alive and well. Can't wait for the first patch this week !

Just bought the game for me and a friend, i hope we get it to more or less to work Gotta download it first. I like the concept though Also me and my friend agreed that if we think it is any good we will force our friends to buy itxD
    EDIT: we like the game, but there are a few problems we encountered. Mainly the lack of ANY players on multiplayer. Besides that it was pretty fun
    Last edited by blackfang; 15-04-2012 at 20:58.
    I want to try a game of historical plausibility, or perhaps random hoi. Sounds awesome right
    Quote Originally Posted by eric292 View Post
    ;P - Life is the intermission between HoI3 sessions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast