+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: "Victis Honor" — Wednesdays, 19:00 CET

Quote Originally Posted by Troxbox View Post
    Hm. Seems like the italians have to go up to the north to kick some swedish ass !

Great writing always entertaining to read.
    Thank you, but unlike the backward Italians, Swedes ride horses into combat so there are no asses to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Troxbox View Post
    P.s if you look at the map its a really big gap in holland area can i be reminded again why there are no holland? :P
    Holland is more powerful than a france vassal navarra but regardless a very good session
    Sometimes I think Uladh might be some kind of EU3 masochist, but maybe he just dreams of uniting all of the Basque people and bring them to glory!

Indeed, perhaps the Duke of Burgundy has been holding back in the hope of a few PUs and a shift into the Netherlands. That, however, is wild speculation. Concluding that Histaxin made some kind of deal with Lama in Portugal which he wants to carry over to Nilspalt is less of a conjecture, considering the lovely 30 carracks that seem to have magically appeared in Portugese ports.

Or am I wrong and Lama is just that good?
    Last edited by Serzis; 20-04-2012 at 02:21.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Serzis View Post
    Thank you, but unlike the backward Italians, Swedes ride horses into combat so there are no asses to kick.

Sometimes I think Uladh might be some kind of EU3 masochist, but maybe he just dreams of uniting all of the Basque people and bring them to glory!

Indeed, perhaps the Duke of Burgundy has been holding back in the hope of a few PUs and a shift into the Netherlands. That, however, is wild speculation. Concluding that Histaxin made some kind of deal with Lama in Portugal which he wants to carry over to Nilspalt is less of a conjecture, considering the lovely 30 carracks that seem to have magically appeared in Portugese ports.

Or am I wrong and Lama is just that good?
    Nah i just kinda overestimated Portugal's ability to maintain a big navy, due to my experience with Morocco. They should be possible to maintain, but it's not possible to build any more.
    They appeared only because of the press gangs.

portugal and castille are like pinky and the brain, the evil plan to kill of navarra and france failed and now they are plotting something new, portugal is building big ships and castille has amassed a sizeable transport fleet.

if you dont no what pinky and the brain is ____> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

OHMYGAWD, a portugese and a castillian Fleet, run for your lives. On a non-trolling matter: Really looking forward to the next session, definitely will be interesting (and non-deadly for me I hope).

Uladh is absolutely correct, I am trying to take over the world. And letting France force aragon into a PU was only first step in my devious plan. I have him exactly where I want. bwahahahaha....
    Last edited by Janlm; 20-04-2012 at 16:32.

Y i was wondering too what might happened there in Aragon. Is this due to having a burgundy in the game? That France goes south? And why didn`t any other landnation tried to stop it, interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by elfposer View Post
    Y i was wondering too what might happened there in Aragon. Is this due to having a burgundy in the game? That France goes south? And why didn`t any other landnation tried to stop it, interesting...
    They didn't. Austria, Navarre and Morocco allied with France so even if Spain and Portugal fought valiantly, it was perhaps a unwinnable war after a few rows of combat. Burgundy made preparation that would make a French invasion costly so they made a NAP and France decided to move southward, invoking the images of the never-to-be Bourbon Empire of the Spanish war of Succession. Why the others choose to ally France, they'll have to explain themselves. Stnik probably made the right choice to side with France, considering the alliance between Poland and Milan (+Brandenburg and Burgundy). No need to box oneself in.
    Last edited by Serzis; 20-04-2012 at 18:47.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I just wanted to present a short "insight" into my actions (and reasons for them): First of all: Yes I failed horribly at diplomacy, but I have to insist that this fail was not joining France against Castille (more on that later) but rather pregame stuff.

My biggest mistake surely was not conducting enough diplo with poland (who I foolishly believed to be able to beat myself should the need arive) and doing no diplo at all. The change of players in both Brandenburg and Milan and my subsequent failure to do enough diplo with them surely contributed to my mistakes. As it was I lost the HRE title and my ability to PU for a long time (I was stuck at -45 Prestige for a rather long time due to the mistake of Claiming Bavaria even though Burgundy just had guaranteed it and dishonoring a call which would have placed me at war with Burgundy), my other ways of expansion where blocked by an alliance of Milan, Brandenburg and Poland.

After calling out to the only 3 nations who could reasonably help me against Burgundy/Poland (France, England and Castille) and sadly being answered only with silence or a no, I knew I had to do something drastic. I thus offered France my assistance in its current war against Castille which seemed at a stalemate from my perspective. I joined, knowing full well that if anyone would attack at that moment I would be done for. After bringing my troops into position I joined the war, which we won (even though this was almost in no way my accomplishment). I formally want to apologize for my actions to the players involved, but if you look at my diplomatic situation (especially the Milan-Poland-Brandenburg alliance which existed at that moment) I hope you can at least bring up some understanding for my actions.

During the war I was offered protection by Castille and Portugal in exchange for my withdrawal from the conflict. Declining the offer might have seen mean at the time, but consider the following: Shortly before your offer Switzerland contacted me and asked me for help in an upcomming war against Bavaria and Bohemia (for wurtemberg). Knowing that both of these countries could probably draw in Poland I decided that a French Player on my good side would probably make sure they would stay out. Boy was I wrong, I did not anticipate that I was not even granted the lands of Bavaria by Brandenburg. Long Story short, at the end I got Bavaria due to French diplomatic pressure, Polish generosity (for which I wanted to thank both players involved) and a broken Truce. With the prestige and CB's this granted me I was finally able to somewhat expand and establish myself a bit. On a related note: Burgundy and Austria have signed a NAP till 1480.

i would just like to add that when castilel and portugal started attacking me and france i tried to remain neutral in the conflict as i had only 1000 men and castille was rather smug in suggesting i had chosen the wrong master and so it was with great pleasure that i saw the austria troops moving though france towards spain and the evil allance should of being shown no mercy just as they would show the small nations of the world no mercy

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

They didn't. Austria, Navarre and Morocco allied with France so even if Spain and Portugal fought valiantly, it was perhaps a unwinnable war after a few rows of combat. Burgundy made preparation that would make a French invasion costly so they made a NAP and France decided to move southward, invoking the images of the never-to-be Bourbon Empire of the Spanish war of Succession. Why the others choose to ally France, they'll have to explain themselves. Stnik probably made the right choice to side with France, considering the alliance between Poland and Milan (+Brandenburg and Burgundy). No need to box oneself in.
    I just want to elaborate here.

Navarra decided that it was better to pay tribute to me then to Castille and Castille dow'ed navarra in an attempt to swallow Navarra & stop me from pu'ing aragon. so France fought with ~45k through the pyrenees against Castilles 25-30k + aragons 15k and in the end, managed to advance despite all odds (this is actually a war slightly in castilles favor imo, feel free to test it out vs another human player, Castille can't advance but neither can France through mountains so stalemate = castillian win) then Castille calls in Portugal to further seal the deal which I understand why he did but adding another 15k despite the low number at that point made a huge difference as I also had scottish coming from the north with another 10-15k and then Austria offered his Support and Morroco wanted to independently war for Beleares, I never called Morroco, he declared on his own and at his own risk.
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

Its not actually true, I didn't dow navarra at all. France attacked aragon, castille allied aragon and attacked france. Just getting the facts straight

and by the way, france also called in britany

Quote Originally Posted by Janlm View Post
    Its not actually true, I didn't dow navarra at all. France attacked aragon, castille allied aragon and attacked france. Just getting the facts straight

and by the way, france also called in britany
    Brit stood still in his own lands, after I had killed the scottish stack he cleaned up, sieged ~2 areas occupied by the scots.
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    Brit stood still in his own lands, after I had killed the scottish stack he cleaned up, sieged ~2 areas occupied by the scots.
    I confirm this, I joined His Majesty jpvg in the war, but didn't fight in Iberia (if asked I would have done that though).

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    well he helped, and he is about the same size as portugal. not my fault he wasn't worth more. Besides, with the thousand french vassals attacking me, how am i supposed to see the difference

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

garfield is going to run this campaign :P
    If you don't have anything good to say, say it on the Internet.

go away manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester.bw View Post
    garfield is going to run this campaign :P
    Garfield runs every campaign.

he is about the same size as portugal
    Sure, Portugual starts with 7 provinces, Brittany 4;
    Portugual starts with an income of 10.8 monthly and has even his own CoT, Brittany starts with an income of 3.8.
    Portugual starts with a support limit of 16, I start with 6.
    Not to mention that Portugual starts with one of the biggest fleets in the world.

not my fault he wasn't worth more
    thanks a lot -_-
    For the record I wanted to help, but France told me not to attack the Spanish army, even when I could have easily killed their whole army, that was sieging ile de france and was half-dead.

Just a question popping up while checking the save. Why do people add MP France to the HRE so often? Sure, there are tech and infamy bonuses, but doesn't it make your skin crawl?
    Last edited by Serzis; 23-04-2012 at 17:47.

Just a question popping up while checking the save. Why do people add MP France to the HRE so often? Sure, there are tech and infamy bonuses, but doesn't it make your skin crawl?
    It's merely details, don't worry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast