Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strength In Numbers

Strength In Numbers

Howdy pilgrim, with Salem's open beta quickly approaching I thought it would be a good idea to find a group. I'd be a lot warmer and a lot happier in a village with a belly full of mead, than alone in the forest with a face full of tears.

I do not have much experience with Haven, unless you count half an hour of.. well.. being alone in the forest with a face full of tears. I did however play a lot of Wurm Online before it went P2P, and I played even more Pre-AOS Ultima Online. So building, gathering, and kicking ass is not a foreign concept to me.

I'm not going to be picky, so if there is anybody that's planning on starting a proper village and is looking for an extra hand, just give me a shout.

Whats up Shodex, If you have steam we can invite you to our little Beta village group! We currently have 10+ members with an organized government to keep everyone in line, If you would like any more information just say something here. And if you have a steam account toss it to me and we'll have an invite coming your way so we can talk more about it.

Alright, sure. My Steam account is the same as my forum account. Shodex.

How many servers will there be?

Steam id: Kaihonsou

Just one server. And if they keep "restarting" it like it seems they do in H&H i will haemorrhage all over the place. That's how angry i will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Planck View Post
    And if they keep "restarting" it like it seems they do in H&H i will haemorrhage all over the place.
    Seatribe said if the map ends up getting too full, they'll open up more servers and provide free transfer. You're character will be heading out to a "new colony."
    Likely H&H's server wipes were just a matter of budget, Paradox will be helping Salem do it right.

Add and message, Bushmaster W, for an invite, there are multiple people named 'shodex' and i'll just do the invites like that.

I'm pretty keen to get in on this :]

Steam id is joshannia but I'll add and message assuming that ok!

EDIT No idea which Bushmaster you are XD
    Last edited by Joshua IX; 29-03-2012 at 22:29.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Right-Click -> Copy Page URL on your profile -> link.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodex View Post
    Likely H&H's server wipes were just a matter of budget,
    actually H&H's server wipes were a matter of them either introducing new mechanics or because of data loss. H&H is an alpha.

Just one server. And if they keep "restarting" it like it seems they do in H&H i will haemorrhage all over the place. That's how angry i will be.
    Trust me, World restarts are a good thing.

trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by sabinati View Post
    actually H&H's server wipes were a matter of them either introducing new mechanics or because of data loss. H&H is an alpha.

Also listen to what this fool says, he is a pro. (no sarcasm im serious. he knows what he is talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by sabinati View Post
    Makes sense, I never played H&H, it was just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTylerLee View Post
    Trust me, World restarts are a good thing.

trust me.
    I would love to trust you but I barely know you. So why are server wipes a good thing?

I would love to trust you but I barely know you. So why are server wipes a good thing?
    In HnH at least it shook up the established mega-cities and created new opportunity for old and new player alike.
    Its very easy for players who have been playing longer to get ultra-entrenched in HnH and Salem, as they permanently claim land, and have serious advantages ranging from extremely powerful characters (and multiple ones, because of infinite alts) to having a monopoly on the few high end resources.

The resource monopoly issue has already been solved with Salem though, and from the work I have seen, its going to get better and better.

Second Lieutenant

resets in H&H was for adding new things..a few was cause of errors and they had to do it...It did not fix anything as far as the bigger factions doing better then others...they just came back together and worked at it like before and was right back at the top as you might say...when you have a group of people dedicated to working good together and know what they are doing then it does not matter how many times you reset it is not likely to change anything with them...But as far as we all know Salem is suppose to be made to stop some of these things..except for the working together..It is suppose to reinforce everyone working together and reaching a goal together..not against each other...but since none of us know yet then we will have to wait and see..

I'd just like to point out, anybody looking for a village is welcome to join mine. More details can be found here. They can also email me at shodex@hotmail.com directly.

Alot of people will quit and leave ruins behind and its ugly, Also people who start in late game might be a pro, but since they had a late start they will never be a top player (until a restart) also restarts are for 1 of two reasons,,

#1 to fix corrupted shit (normaly doesnt require a restart)
    #2 to add new content

I think I might be a little interested in this game. I've been lurking and reading the game seems a bit similar to Shadowbane.
    Many argue that global warming is manmade, and it looks like they found the man."
    - Dick Cheney, referring to Al Gore

Ignored: Forvictory, K-59

This is nothing like shadowbane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast