+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Preview of the Russian Campaign

Preview of the Russian Campaign

I'm going to do a series of videos showing off a few of the early campaign missions as well as a few battles. I've uploaded the first part here. Tell me what you think, and subscribe if you'd like.

Mission 2
    Mission 3
    Mission 4
    Last edited by Zone12; 16-04-2012 at 00:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone12 View Post
    I'm going to do a series of videos showing off a few of the early campaign missions as well as a few battles. I've uploaded the first part here. Tell me what you think, and subscribe if you'd like.
    Is it just me or it was Israel flag on the background of the chat in the beginning of the campaign/video? Is Norwegian intelligence part of Mossad? ))

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Haha. Actually, yes. None of us noticed. This is a placeholder; we needed an "office" photo asap and just took one out of a stock. All the background pictures have already been replaced now.

Hi Zone12,

Awesome! Very well played.

We call them Awacs-planes, but "giant flying radar planes" works, too!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRiga View Post
    Is it just me or it was Israel flag on the background of the chat in the beginning of the campaign/video? Is Norwegian intelligence part of Mossad? ))

I was wondering about that too.

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Funny, I just noticed it now that it's been flagged up

Big Block of Cheese John Buford's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is the campaign a series of scripted missions?
    "Bartlet: [reading from a book by George Washington] "In public, put not your hands on any part of your body that is usually covered."
    C.J.: Well... I do what it takes to keep the press corps happy, Mr. President.
    - The West Wing

Quote Originally Posted by John Buford View Post
    Is the campaign a series of scripted missions?
    The victory and defeat conditions are fixed, obviously. The enemy has some scripted orders to start things off (like, patrol a specific area), but all its actions thereafter are based on the AI's reactions to what happens. The same game is often very different every time you play.

Big Block of Cheese John Buford's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks for the explanations. I will go on pondering if this is a game for me :-)
    All the best for the development!
    "Bartlet: [reading from a book by George Washington] "In public, put not your hands on any part of your body that is usually covered."
    C.J.: Well... I do what it takes to keep the press corps happy, Mr. President.
    - The West Wing

Very good! Well played.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

You'd have more success, I think, if you made better use of your AWAC Shmel, instead of using your other aircrafts' and surface active sensors

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSupreme Ruler: Cold War

In a dinghy in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Typo alert! "The enemy has illegally started drilling for hydrocarbones in our sector." It should be spelled hydrocarbons.

EDIT: No more "YAY!" button? Oh well, I guess the victory screen is more functional now.

No, no. They are drilling for hydro-car-bones, bones after hydro cars, very popular in 2030.

All right. Fixed. Thanks

Yeah, "Yay" and "Aww" have been replaced by a bit more informative screen. Sad to see it go, but at least the beta testers got to see it.

Good times were had. ;_;

Plus side, only two days :DDD
    Last edited by General Baker; 08-04-2012 at 03:58. Reason: But then... optimism!

Many thanks!
    "All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him." Sun-Tzu (~400 BC)

Strike First
    Strike Hard
    Strike Deep

Very nice!

I like the way you save on fuel by using slow speed. That gives you much better area coverage.

At one time during the gameplay you wonder what refueling tankers do. They work automatically. In the center bottom of your map you receive messages to this effect. Note that one time you actually redirected a fighter with a waypoint at the tanker plane and sent it back to base. If you hadn't, it would be refueled and went back to the original job.

When you start receiving messages that the refueling tankers do not have enough fuel to fuel a craft, it's probably about time to send them back to base and, if possible, send forth a fresh one.

As someone who played "Harpoon" and "Jane´s Fleet Command" with great joy for years it almost hurts see you playing because tbo you don´t have a clue about modern naval warfare, but thx for the videos!

Be nice. We have added a radar and a sonar tutorial to the full game, which will explain to some detail how to use both most effectively. We'll also put out a ~30 min playthrough which explains the user interface and how to do things in the best (?) way.

I think Zone12 is doing a good job learning by trial & error; some of these missions are pretty hard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast