+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Played for an hour. A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDude1240 View Post
    If this game is going to be moddable (sound AMAZING!), will it have steam workshop support?

Also, how does one mod it? (haven't finished the download yet)
    Yes and yes.

dgreen will release a full mod toolkit sometime this Spring.

Such an interesting concept, and after crusader kings 2 my faith in paradox was somewhat restored. Then Gettysburg happened. How can you justify releasing such a mess of a game? Seriously paradox, absolutely disgraceful. And the developer dan knows this but he his hands are tied. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Such an interesting concept, and after crusader kings 2 my faith in paradox was somewhat restored. Then Gettysburg happened. How can you justify releasing such a mess of a game? Seriously paradox, absolutely disgraceful. And the developer dan knows this but he his hands are tied. Disgusting.
    1). I doubt Paradox is too much to blame here, as I would suggest they wouldnt have a huge amount of controls.
    2). Although I myself have not yet played it (cannot currently get it for financial reasons), I would suggest you cut him a tiny bit of slack he has after all made this game entirely himself and its a large new game that was sure to have rough edges.

Anyways, when are new maps going to roll out into the servers? I'm kind of sick of always having to play the Gettysburg map!

Hoi 2 Beta

Arent there two other maps you can play? Im sure theres Shiloh & Five Pines as well, at least in Deathmatch & Army Skirmish modes.
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Coats View Post
    Arent there two other maps you can play? Im sure theres Shiloh & Five Pines as well, at least in Deathmatch & Army Skirmish modes.
    Not in multiplayer. It's always Gettysburg. I mean, they're actually in the game, but the map rotation only has Gettysburg And no variation in the armies. I wanna play a match with classic units!

I'm testing a patch for the Army Skirmish servers ....

- Dan
    Danny Green
    President & Lead Programmer
    Radioactive-Software, LLC. http://www.radioactive-software.com

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen02 View Post
    I'm testing a patch for the Army Skirmish servers ....

- Dan
    Will there be any option to change armies between rounds in deathmatch mode? And when will the map voting option be enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by kurtensen View Post
    Will there be any option to change armies between rounds in deathmatch mode? And when will the map voting option be enabled?
    You mean switch teams ? Yea, I could do that. Map voting needs to be enabled asap as well since I can't sit here and admin every server.

- Dan
    Danny Green
    President & Lead Programmer
    Radioactive-Software, LLC. http://www.radioactive-software.com

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen02 View Post
    You mean switch teams ? Yea, I could do that. Map voting needs to be enabled asap as well since I can't sit here and admin every server.

- Dan
    Well, team scramble would be nice to balance some matches, but I mean, to not restrict every game on a server (unless specified by the admin) to the same set of units every match. For instance, the first round it's all futuristic units, the next one with only vintage units, the next one a mix of it... That would spice the interest between rounds.
    Oh and being able to play a match without armored stuff. Right now, it's either you get an armored vehicle and destroy the rest of units, or you get infantry and start bitching in the chat about how unbalanced the game is (getting it constantly). And it's kind of true. While realistic, you cannot expect some newcomers to get into their first match and after managing to control a unit, to enjoy being constantly crushed by the other team's tanks or getting their kills robbed by your own team vehicles.
    They get extremely frustrated and then they go to the forums and start venting on how awful the game is. Because that's how the internet roll, 5 minutes of frustration are unbearable for people nowadays..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3