• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mendozacheers

Corporal
132 Badges
Sep 2, 2011
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sengoku
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
I personally enjoyed Defenders of Ardania a lot, the campaign was nicely done, getting pretty hard at the end - which is good as long as you keep up. I even played a few matches with a friend too which was even more of a blast (one game lasted for nearly 40 minutes =D). Though I fear for the game's future. For every day the first week I went to look for servers but couldn't find any. I sometimes found 1, but when I tried to join it said that the server wasn't available more (even though I would find it in the server browser again). I realized that closed ports had to be the issue so I opened ports (following this). I think it should work for me now, but what about everyone else? People are lazy, port forwarding is a mess. Put those together and you only get a few who actually will end up with a working multiplayer. Some even won't bother looking for solutions, some might not even have a router with adjustable settings etc.

I know the devs is working hard to make the game flawless, and it's hard since it's on several other platforms. But I am afraid that this game could end up anywhere it does not deserve (It's a Really good game!). I got really happy with the quick updates fixing the controllers and the 1.2 one with more fixes. So I know the devs are willing to go far to save it. Though I still think this title need a push to get back on it's feet. First of all the multiplayer have to get fixed somehow. Even though port-forwarding is a solution - just a hand-full people will/can do it. Also I think the game might need a free/cheap DLC that will support the multiplayer a bit more, maybe new maps or new game-modes. This DLC would work as an apology to the players who wants one.

If this would happen I am sure that the ones who already own it will start playing multiplayer, and the ones who doesn't own it won't find negative responses, on e.g. the steam forums, and will be more likely to buy the game. Free DLC is probably one of the best working medicines against disappointed gamers.

This is just how I see things, I want to see others enjoy this game fully. Since the multiplayer is the biggest feature of this game - and no one* is using it, then something should be done to try and save the game.

*Tried finding a server just now and actually did find and I manage to join too, so the multiplayer isn't Dead, it's just a really small amount of players who can use it, and the ones who can is too few.

Last edited:
I have to absolutely agree with Mendozacheers here, please dont let this game die, its alot of fun in Multiplayer (when it works) =)