• London

165 68.18%
  • Rome

77 31.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New DLC: London or Rome?

It depends which "rules" you play

Any chance to get Rome and Paris in a second time?

I think the best italian city to reproduce is Milano!
    You can make a scenario about the transportation improvement for the Expo in 2015.

General Demi Moderator douglasrac's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteMagicka500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Linee S View Post
    I think the best italian city to reproduce is Milano!
    You can make a scenario about the transportation improvement for the Expo in 2015.
    Well then please make Rio de Janeiro. This way Cities in Motion will put their feet in Latin America.
    Rio de Janeiro have buses, metro and boats. There will be Olympics (2016) and World Cup (2014).
    And helicopters is quite common way of transport for rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasrac View Post
    Well then please make Rio de Janeiro. This way Cities in Motion will put their feet in Latin America.
    Rio de Janeiro have buses, metro and boats. There will be Olympics (2016) and World Cup (2014).
    And helicopters is quite common way of transport for rich people.
    but not managed by the main public transportation company of a city.

If you want to get into who manages what then London is the worst place lol.

You have Transport for London and their sub-companies, National Rail incorporating Network Rail and the Train Operating Companies plus services like London Overground and DLR on leases, you have franchises for smaller bus companies leased out by TfL and then the edge of the city has country services overlapping the TfL ones including their own franchises. And TfL are trying to snap up pretty much everything. Oh and the Department for Transport along with a billion other government bodies doing their background stuff and regulation.

It's chaos! But rather organised in that British way. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rikev View Post
    If you want to get into who manages what then London is the worst place lol.

You have Transport for London and their sub-companies, National Rail incorporating Network Rail and the Train Operating Companies plus services like London Overground and DLR on leases, you have franchises for smaller bus companies leased out by TfL and then the edge of the city has country services overlapping the TfL ones including their own franchises. And TfL are trying to snap up pretty much everything. Oh and the Department for Transport along with a billion other government bodies doing their background stuff and regulation.

It's chaos! But rather organised in that British way. ^_^
    But London Underground is 100% TfL owned afaik.

General Demi Moderator douglasrac's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteMagicka500k club

I don't know why you assume that in Rio is not organized. The same company that own the buses also own the boats. Helicopters yes, a different company.
    The buses are tracked in real time with google maps and you can also see metro maps the same way you have london maps. Seems pretty well to me.

Tube is but Overground is a company within a company I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikev View Post
    Tube is but Overground is a company within a company I think?
    Overground > Operated by MTR-Laing for TfL.

Shame to see Rome lose so handily... maybe next time!

Quote Originally Posted by a4rino View Post
    Shame to see Rome lose so handily... maybe next time!
    There's always the little 'map editor' button on your main menu...

Milano has only one company, ATM, that owns all public transport, so there are any problem about this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4