• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

London or Rome?

• London

Votes: 165 68,2%
  • Rome

Votes: 77 31,8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No left hand? Then it isn't London. :(

Still, it'd be criminal to miss out the city with the biggest and most iconic transport system in the world! Even better if you can obtain the rights to use the London Transport Roundels.

Despite the left-hand issue, it has to be London.

I can recreate my old commute - in great CiM style, it went bus, train, tube.

I will, of course, reserve the right to arbitarily disrupt the Northern Line for no apparent reason to maintain realism. Especially on Sundays.

I would like Rome it a very old city older than london
Yeah, London is maybe only 2000 years old, it's almost like new. (ok, Rome was founded earlier, but there are some archeological discoveries that both placec are inhabited for a much longer time)
I think both cities could be nice in CiM. :)

Either would be brilliant, but preferably London. Instead of a new vehical type upgrades to the existing ones would be better in my opinion, like single track metro and more station variations (older and modern looking) or maybe an upgrade to tram lines to simulate DLR.

I voted for Rome because I find London quite boring; Rome is more hilly and has a more interesting layout, as well as a warmer climate, with palm trees. Still, I would pretty much prefer some real gameplay improvements than a new map: i.e. pre-metro, diagonal metro stations or at least normal but modular ones, fixing the power poles of the trolleybuses so that they actually line up with the overhead wires and fix them for divided avenues, fixing the vehicle capacities so you don't get the same amount of passengers for tiny and extra-large buses, increase capacity 2x and price 3x on just about every vehicle type to make the game realistic (perhaps give us an option to choose between the capacity/price players prefer, instead of forcing people to manually hack the scripts each time they buy a new vehicle DLC pack); there is no actual need for the smaller buses as the game is presently designed; they are simply useless.

It's 'small' things like that which would go a long way toward breathing new life into the game, instead of a new map which can also be made by us. Please, give us something the community can't make by itself!

I understand that you are a very small team and what you've accomplished so far with limited resources is absolutely awesome, but we haven't seen much improvement gameplay-wise since the introduction of the monorail.

An idea: it would be just awesome if you built CIM2 on top of the new SimCity - provided it doesn't suck (perhaps as an addon? Maybe you could work something out with Maxis and EA). This way, you could reuse Maxis' code for agents, pathing and stuff like curved roads, stations at an angle :) , etc. , and not struggle to do them yourselves with limited resources. This way you would only do the lines and transportation simulation, as well as tons of new vehicle DLCs for us to buy ;)

Imagine, building your city, zoning (if you prefer) and then setting up your own lines like in CIM and watching the city grow or stagnate based on how you set up the lines!

Last edited:
I've voted London since a city that big would to be a real challenge to keep everyone moving. I think it would be good to have new scenarios that simulate the problems that the real life London system faces such as overcrowding at stations, Engineering works and line closures etc so you need to keep improving your system and making it better to keep up with the demand.

Of course having events such as the Olympics would be a good scenario as well as maybe a rush hour period to your map when you get extra pressure due to the ever increasing crowds of commuters as they all crowd the stations and bus stops as they try and get to and from work.

Maybe having the map close the Underground down at Midnight so your night buses have to take the crowds of revellers and late workers home till morning services start on the underground in the morning again would be a good challenge.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a London map. :D

London is a must but would like both. Left hand drive preferred if possible but not essential

Make sure the map is super large please so I can replicate london underground. Please include the relavent rollingstock. As mentioned above please include an olympics scenario. If possible could we have the new Emirates Air Line: London Cable Car Across The Thames.

Could we also have some additional metro stations as we have large intersections as well as bigger stations. Any chance of getting the london transport logo?

Please keep busses, trams and subways if adding new transportation type.

Last edited:
My vote goes to London, as has been said a lot of early mass transportation development took place in London. It would also be nice to see those brilliant red double decker buses in game as well, probably the most iconic thing that London is known for ( well beside the signature black taxi cabs ).