242. You may not vote on this poll
  • London

165 68.18%
  • Rome

77 31.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New DLC: London or Rome?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I would have London, Rom, Paris and Madrid in one DLC and many more Content for the Editor. One City alone in a DLC is to expensive.
    And please, make all Content from all DLC´s useable in the Editor for all Regions, also all Vehicles useable to play in all Cities (both without MOD).

Shanghai, pls~~~~~~~~

Any reaction from developers?

Seems like London is winning.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2

Quote Originally Posted by co_martsu View Post
    can we get new vehicles and buildings with it which we can use on any maps without mods? please...

Certainly Rome. Its history and monuments. A little Mediterranean Europe would be nice.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Of course... London won to host Olympics aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Num1hendrickfan View Post
    My vote goes to London, as has been said a lot of early mass transportation development took place in London. It would also be nice to see those brilliant red double decker buses in game as well, probably the most iconic thing that London is known for ( well beside the signature black taxi cabs ).
    They already are, use the Routemaster.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I'm waiting for play in London ever since you started releasing DLCs... I think it is a great challenge (the Tube alone carries 3 million people a day) and as everyone else said there are so many scenarios to use (the Olympics, the Diamond Jubilee... you can even use historical too, like the a WWII scenario). The left side is a bit of a disappointment (unless it was released as a stand-alone expansion, but I assume that's not comercially viable), but I think we're going to get used to it. Just put all the vehicles for London in one package, instead of releasing in a separate DLC.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Rome DLC too... but London deserves to be next! I wouldn't mind Paris or Moscow to be added in the queue...

I vote for London,but Rome is also good. 1+ for London.
    Last edited by groet9999; 31-03-2012 at 15:15.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

Roma !!!

I vote London. Think about it. The queen's diamond Jubilee, the London underground, the NB4L (Borisbus), Olympics, Kings Cross station with platform 9 3/4, DLR.
    What's more? Many London vehicles are already in the game.

Corporal
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2

Oh, London, most definitely.

But with some provisos:

1. At as large a resolution as possible.

2. But then make it as naturalistic as possible as well. Although I have never lived in London, I have visited it qauite a few times and know the layout of its streets, parks and river quite well, and it would bother me if its CiM version looked significantly different. I'd rather cut out some of the suburbs rather than distort the look of inner London.

3. Have all modes of transport - London had trams and trolleybuses in its day, and there is no reason why it could not have a monorail. Ideally, commuter railway lines running along railways and placeable by the player should be added as an option, since London has a lot of them.

4. Ideally, as well, driving on the left should be added as an option to the game. In fact, I don't understand why this was not done in the first place. I am not a professional programmer, but I think that it should not be particularly difficult to define "driving side" as a toggle-like parameter at the very top of the game parameters, and program all movement functions based on that. Everything is symmetrical - where you turn left in one option, you turn right in the other.

Each and every street object have paths with directions...
    CIM2:CIM1 Addons & Mods:
    ModManager - Big Underground Metro Station v5 - Elevated Tram Tracks - Tram Puzzle Pieces 0.6 - Extended Moneybar 0.4
    Creating Mods: CIM Internals Scratchpad - Modified gs_tools 2011-12-24

Cities in Motion 2

Any chance of having both London and Rome? Lol.

Has anyone in CO thought about Sydney or Melbourne in Australia?, Actually Sydney would be perfect map, Sydney is know for its ferries (water buses), buses, double decker trains and the Mono Rail. While Melbourne are know for their trams and has a great Tram community and country Trains.

London it is then, we'll start working on it shortly

London it is then, we'll start working on it shortly
    That's great to hear! Can't wait!

Excellent!

Don't forget to end at Mornington Crescent.

(hardly anyone will get this)

General Demi Moderator giladteller's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny X View Post
    Excellent!

Don't forget to end at Mornington Crescent.

(hardly anyone will get this)
    I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
    When I am using this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Please PM me, or any other moderator if you have any issues with how we run the forums.

Signature?
    I don't sign on anything without my lawyer!

My Blog | Cities in Motion WIKI | Cities in Motion 2 WIKI
    CiM Wiki on social networks:
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast