+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indian improvement mod (W.I.P.)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Indian improvement mod (W.I.P.)

One of my favorite countries to play in EU3 is Durrani, but while doing research for my Afghan mod I discovered that the political situation presented in EU3 varied widely from the actual political situation at the time. Persia and the Mughals are huge monoliths that quite easily crush the Durrani and make the historical rise of the empire impossible for the AI. Also, it is impossible to beat the Europeans in a pitched battle when you start from a later date; their tech advantage is far too high.

This mod will not only attempt to fix the map history, but will also try to rebalance the non-Europeans countries (except the native Americans) so that they are not total pushovers until the very end of the game (when they historically became completly out-teched).

The list of changes is very long, but here are some of them:
    Code:
    *Vastly improved tech speeds for non-western groups
    *added 21 new tags (with more to follow), representing countries in India, Iran, and the Indian ocean
    *province history reworked (still W.I.P.)
    *New Triggered Modifiers to represent ascendant and descendant nations
    *several new cultures (Pashtun, Uighur, more as needed)
    *Hordes removed
    *Muslim, Indian, and horde units added and rebalanced (still W.I.P.)
    *3 new religions (Coptic, Ibadi and Sikhism) added. (will consider more, if needed)
    *Upped the military bonuses given by monarchs
    Still to do:
    Code:
    *A decision for certain countries (like Punjab, Durrani, Afsharids, Maratha)granting cores and a temporary modifier allowing them to expand as they did historically
    *Rework history in Indochina
    *Add events and missions for Central Asian Khanates to simulate a desire for either an Indian, Persian, or Indian empire.
    *Add historical events to simulate the end of the Timurid, Safavid, Shaybanid and Mughal empires
    *"Spread of" event for Sikhism
    *Add large, overarching missions with temporary claims and subjagate cbs to simulate the rise of these empire, with cores and prestige as a reward. (can only be used once)
    *Add generic events for empires that reach 180 years (done with a country flag) to represent the decline and fall.
    The objective is not to railroad history, but to allow it to happen is certain conditions are met. If you have a high ADM ruler, for instance, you can stave off the effects of the decline.

Also, since I want the mod to be compatible with the V2 converter, I will not do the following:

Code:
    *Add new provinces
    *Add new tech groups
    *anything else that would break converter compatibility.
    And, of course, what preview would be complete without screenshots :

Indian in 1399 (updated, notice Sayyid dynasty precursor state, Sar-i Hind:

State of Persia, Afghanistan, and Hindustan in 1709, the fall of the Safavid scenario:

State of Persia, Afghanistan, and Hindustan in 1747, the death of Nader Shah/rise of the Durrani scenario:

Question? Comments? Suggestion? (Especially the later, I'm very open to suggestions fro improvement)
    Last edited by impspy; 27-03-2012 at 15:41.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    Question? Comments? Suggestion? (Especially the later, I'm very open to suggestions fro improvement)
    This looks like it will be a lot of work, but really needed (vanilla is unbalanced, IMHO). Good luck!
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Sounds like this has great potential, will check back for updates.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can we have a screenie of India in 1399?
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Can we have a screenie of India in 1399?
    But of course:

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Looking great cant wait to try it

Thanks!I just added a new country for 1399, first post updated.
    Last edited by impspy; 27-03-2012 at 15:48.

Do you have a map of the area or something? I did lots of "digging" for India and could find only bits and pieces, your work seems to be very detailed, which is awesome as India really needs some love.

Do you have a map of the area or something? I did lots of "digging" for India and could find only bits and pieces, your work seems to be very detailed, which is awesome as India really needs some love.
    Not a map, really, but I read the histories of every province in the game, and the few maps I saw lined up pretty well. I chose to represent most of the provinces as single province vassals to a larger country. The missions in the mod won't be about actual conquest until after 1700; before that vassalization will be the way to expand.

Also, would you mind if I used some of your work in Persia and Iraq in the mod?

Not at all, everything that i made is in free for all mode, so if you can make use of anything, feel free to do it.

If you dont mind telling me, what exactly do you intend to use?

And of course once your mod is out, i might ask for your permission to take some stuff, specially regarding countries in India

Not at all, everything that i made is in free for all mode, so if you can make use of anything, feel free to do it.

If you dont mind telling me, what exactly do you intend to use?

And of course once your mod is out, i might ask for your permission to take some stuff, specially regarding countries in India
    Thanks, I intend to use some of your history in eastern India/Burma.

Of course, you are free to use anything in the mod. I want to play a more accurate India in all mods, so no permission needed as long as credit is given.

I've been mulling over how to get the AI countries to behave like I want them to, and I've found a way. Instead of a series of missions, each country will get probably one or two missions. The first will give them temp claims on all the territory they held historically, while the secondary ones will deal with land they claimed/fought for/etc. (for instance, the Sikh Empire will get one mission to conquer their historic empire, and if they complete that, then they'll get a mission to conquer Afghanistan (as they wanted to) then a generic mission to conquer India. This is more of a guideline then a hard and fast rule:

Also, I completely redid the history of southern Arabia, removing the Najd blob, for instance (yes, some names a anachronistic, but it was that or name them after the ever shifting tribes):

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So how's the new version coming along?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    So how's the new version coming along?
    Well, I ran into a small problem with my save game crashing, but I think I've fixed it. Holy week and Easter are always busy for me, so I haven't had as much time as I would like . Right now I'm working on the missions; so far, the results are promising. The AI goes for the provinces the mission calls for almost every time.

I still have to do the following:
    *add specific missions for Persia, Khorason, and the Mughals.
    *add some generic "empire" missions for Turkestan khanates, based on a country flag set by event (an event will pop up for the ai which will let it choose to conquer either India, like the Mughals did, central Asia, or Persia.
    *Add "region" missions, which should help the ai expand in a more reasonable fashion.
    *Add events (with an option to decline) to create puppets on uncored Indian provinces (which should better simulate the political situation)

School is a pain this time of year, but I have managed to make some progress on the mod.

First, the Mughal Empire.

In vanilla, the decision is very overpowered. For just a few cored provinces in India you are given the ability to escape your horrible tech group and government, while still retaining all of your outside holdings.

I've changed the decision so that is gives the following benifits/drawback:
    -Inherit Delhi
    -Adds cores on the more or less historical extent of the Sultanate of Delhi for most of its history
    -+1 Base tax and manpower in a random Indian province
    -+2 centralization
    -500 ducats
    -5 prestige
    -Empire government
    -40 legitimacy
    -Agra becomes capital
    -Primary culture change to Kanauji
    -Unit Type change to India
    -15 regiment army in Agra
    -any owned province not in Afghanistan, Indochina, or India has its cores removed and is ceded to the Timurids
    The requirments, like the Hindustan nation (more on that in a minute) have been changed. Instead of having to control and core a bunch of provinces, you (or Delhi, if it exists) can control any province in India and have it count towards your total required.

Delhi is important, and you need to either wipe them out or PU/vassalize them, which allows you to easily annex them. To help, hordes less then 30 provinces in size will get a mission to PU Delhi if they border them. Since the decision annexes Delhi, if Delhi controls a minumum of 4 province in the "Delhi" region or 8 provinces in India you can fire the decision while they are under PU or vassalage and inherit them. Also, only countries with less than 30 provinces (ie, not already an empire in their own right) can take the decision, to prevent large empires from suddenly imploding just because India was added as a province.

Now becoming the Mughals is a chioce. You do get cores and an easier Muslim tech decision, but you will lose any hold on Central Asia and Altaic culture, plus your unit type goes down to Indian (but don't worry, all non-western units have been rebalanced and won't be as horrible as vanilla).

Before:

After+Cores:

Now, Hindustan has also been changed.

First, it has access to the easy Muslim tech group decision that the Mughals get to compensate for the fact that forming Hindustan wipes out the other Indian minors.

Second, it no longer requires cores, but instead to control 45 provinces in India.

Third, it is only available to Muslims. Hindu, Sikh, and Eastern religion countries will instead be able to create Bharat, which is a native name for the subcontinent; however, except for the color and flag the country is identical.

Lastly, Hindustan (and Bharat) are the cultural union for the "Hindustani" culture group, the largest one in India.
    Code:
    hindusthani = {
    	union = HIN
    	avadhi = {
    		primary = GDW
    	}
    	kanauji = {
    		primary = MLW
    	}	
    	marathi = {
    		primary = MAR
    	}
    	oriya = {
    		primary = ORI
    	}
    	bihari = {
    		primary = AHM
    	}
    	gujarati = {
    		primary = GUJ
    	}
    	dynasty_names = {
    		"Hussein Shahi"	"Bhonsle" "Bhat" "Muzaffarid" "Samma" "Arghun" "Kalhora" "Talpura" 
    		"Imad Shahi" "Faruqi" "Rathore" "Singh" "Awadh" "Ghuri" "Khilji" "Qadirid" "Shaja'atid" "Holkar" "Bundela" Malla Shah Kotteid "Konnapu Bandara" "Kandy Nayakar" Gampolan Najafi Ilyas Ganesha Suri Karrani Gangas Suryavamsi Bhoi Chalukya Garjat
    	}
    }
    Decision:

Cores:

Finally, it is possible for both the Mughals and the Maratha Empire to become the cultural union for the Hindustani group without changing tags. The Maratha desicion is identical to the Hindustan/Bharat decision, only requiring 45 provinces (out of 88); the Mughal one requires 60.

More updates soon.

By the way, should I switch Hindustan's color and flag to Bharat and find a new color/flag for Hindustan, or does anyone have any suggestions for a flag and/or color for Bharat?
    Last edited by impspy; 24-04-2012 at 04:10.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow, well done on getting variable claims to work. It took us at D&T months to figure out!
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    One of my favorite countries to play in EU3 is Durrani, but while doing research for my Afghan mod I discovered that the political situation presented in EU3 varied widely from the actual political situation at the time. Persia and the Mughals are huge monoliths that quite easily crush the Durrani and make the historical rise of the empire impossible for the AI. Also, it is impossible to beat the Europeans in a pitched battle when you start from a later date; their tech advantage is far too high.

This mod will not only attempt to fix the map history, but will also try to rebalance the non-Europeans countries (except the native Americans) so that they are not total pushovers until the very end of the game (when they historically became completly out-teched).

The list of changes is very long, but here are some of them:
    • Vastly improved tech speeds for non-western groups...
    I have played around with this a lot, and I have found that drastically higher tech speeds for the non-Europeans doesn't work well. They should be far behind the Europeans in naval technology, in the ability to trade in far-away places, in productivity, and in advances in government. The trouble is that land battles are very sensitive to differences in land technology, so that, as you say, the Europeans have an ahistoric overwhelming advantage.

The reason for this is found in the land table (\common\technology\land.txt). Advancing technology gives three advantages which multiply each other: the quality of the unit types you can use increases, the multipliers for how much damage your units do (such as infantry_shock etc.) increase, and the divisor for how many casualties your units take (military_tactics) increases. So if you want to have more historic land battles, reduce the advantages that high land tech gives to infantry_shock, military_tactics, land_morale, etc., and make the Western Arms Trade modifier more powerful. I've managed to lose battles to natives (NAT), as an advanced European power, in the late 1700's with this kind of change - which is historically accurate.

Two other changes I like to make to the vanilla India setup are to move the CoT in Kutch to Baroda (or somewhere else in Gujarat) and to make Nepal an Indian tech group country instead of a Chinese tech group one.
    African cultures mod - a mod adding more cultures (and some other improvements) to Africa (In Nomine)

Africa mods for HTTT

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Wow, well done on getting variable claims to work. It took us at D&T months to figure out!
    Thanks! I used your code as inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNavFan View Post
    I have played around with this a lot, and I have found that drastically higher tech speeds for the non-Europeans doesn't work well. They should be far behind the Europeans in naval technology, in the ability to trade in far-away places, in productivity, and in advances in government. The trouble is that land battles are very sensitive to differences in land technology, so that, as you say, the Europeans have an ahistoric overwhelming advantage.

The reason for this is found in the land table (\common\technology\land.txt). Advancing technology gives three advantages which multiply each other: the quality of the unit types you can use increases, the multipliers for how much damage your units do (such as infantry_shock etc.) increase, and the divisor for how many casualties your units take (military_tactics) increases. So if you want to have more historic land battles, reduce the advantages that high land tech gives to infantry_shock, military_tactics, land_morale, etc., and make the Western Arms Trade modifier more powerful. I've managed to lose battles to natives (NAT), as an advanced European power, in the late 1700's with this kind of change - which is historically accurate.
    Could you upload a copy of your land tech file so that I can examine it, please? The only reason I gave them such high tech rates was to help them militarily, but if its possible to do that without giving them ahistoric bonuses I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNavFan View Post
    Two other changes I like to make to the vanilla India setup are to move the CoT in Kutch to Baroda (or somewhere else in Gujarat) and to make Nepal an Indian tech group country instead of a Chinese tech group one.
    Added.

I'll have an update later today. I've been playing Trin Tragula excellent Oriental mod and have implemented some ideas from it.

Your mods coming along nicely.

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis

This is the current version I'm using. There are lots of different ways you can flavour it.
    Code:
    technology = { id = 0   average_year = 1300		military_tactics =1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 1.5	infantry_fire = 0.2	cavalry_fire = 0.3	artillery_fire = 0.2	infantry_shock = 1	cavalry_shock = 2.75	artillery_shock = 0.1	sprite_level = 1 	fort1 = yes 	enable = south_american_spearmen	enable = native_indian_archer	enable = native_clubmen	enable = african_spearmen	enable = african_clubmen	enable = indian_archers	enable = african_horsemen	enable = mesoamerican_spearmen	}
    technology = { id = 1   average_year = 1360   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.3	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = halberd_infantry	enable = chevauchee enable = western_medieval_knights	enable = bardiche_infantry	enable = muslim_cavalry_archers	enable = western_medieval_infantry 	enable = eastern_medieval_infantry enable = ottoman_yaya enable = chinese_longspear	enable = japanese_archer 	enable = persian_footsoldier	enable = east_asian_spearmen	enable = mongolian_bow	enable = indian_footsoldier	enable = rajput_hill_fighters	enable = eastern_bow	enable = persian_cavalry_charge		}
    technology = { id = 2   average_year = 1380   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = eastern_knights 	enable = druzhina_cavalry	enable = ottoman_musellem	enable = mamluk_archer	enable = mamluk_cavalry_charge	enable = mongol_swarm	}
    technology = { id = 3   average_year = 1400   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = mongol_bow	}
    technology = { id = 4   average_year = 1410   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	armory = yes 	enable = mongol_steppe	}
    technology = { id = 5   average_year = 1420   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = western_men_at_arms	enable = western_longbow	enable = south_american_warfare	enable = aztec_tribal_warfare	enable = maya_tribal_warfare	enable = zapotec_tribal_warfare	enable = songhai_tribal_warfare	enable = niger_kongolese_tribal_warfare	enable = bantu_tribal_warfare	enable = mali_tribal_warfare	enable = pueblo_ambush					enable = native_indian_tribal_warfare		  		}
    technology = { id = 6   average_year = 1430   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = ottoman_azab	}
    technology = { id = 7   average_year = 1440   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = chinese_footsoldier	enable = japanese_footsoldier		}
    technology = { id = 8   average_year = 1450   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	training_fields = yes	}
    technology = { id = 9   average_year = 1465   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.05	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	}
    technology = { id = 10  average_year = 1475   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.10  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	march = yes	enable = slavic_stradioti	enable = ottoman_timariot 	}
    technology = { id = 11  average_year = 1485   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.15  	land_morale = 1.5	infantry_fire = 0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = gaelic_galloglaigh	enable = eastern_militia	enable = shaybani	enable = mamluk_duel  	enable = chinese_steppe	enable = japanese_samurai	}
    technology = { id = 12  average_year = 1495   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.20  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	barracks = yes	enable = large_cast_bronze_mortar	 enable = houfnice 	}
    technology = { id = 13  average_year = 1497   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.25	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	enable = italian_condotta 	enable = swiss_landsknechten	enable = gaelic_mercenary	enable = ottoman_janissary	enable = hungarian_hussar	enable = ottoman_spahi	enable = persian_shamshir	enable = inca_mountain_warfare	enable = aztec_hill_warfare	enable = maya_forest_warfare	enable = zapotec_plains_warfare	enable = bantu_plains_warfare	enable = niger_kongolese_forest_warfare	enable = african_hill_warfare	enable = ethiopian_mountain_warfare	enable = algonkin_tomahawk_charge	enable = native_indian_horsemen	enable = culverin	enable = pedrero 	enable = germanized_pike	enable = african_armored_horsemen		}
    technology = { id = 14  average_year = 1498   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.30  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	}
    technology = { id = 15  average_year = 1502   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.35	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	weapons = yes	enable = qizilbash_cavalry	enable = small_cast_iron_bombard	enable = large_cast_iron_bombard 	enable = mughal_musketeer	enable = south_american_gunpowder_warfare	enable = aztec_gunpowder_warfare	enable = maya_gunpowder_warfare	enable = zapotec_gunpowder_warfare	enable = bantu_gunpowder_warfare	enable = niger_kongolese_gunpowder_warfare	enable = adal_gunpowder_warfare		enable = ethiopian_gunpowder_warfare	enable = huron_arquebusier	 enable = creek_arquebusier	enable = indian_shock_cavalry	enable = tofongchis_musketeer	enable = south_indian_musketeer	enable = zulu_chest_and_horns	}		
    technology = { id = 16  average_year = 1508   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.40  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	fort2 = yes	enable = east_mongolian_steppe }												
    technology = { id = 17  average_year = 1518   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.45	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	0.5	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.1	 }													
    technology = { id = 18  average_year = 1530   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.50  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	sprite_level = 2 	enable = rajput_musketeer	enable = spanish_tercio	enable = dutch_maurician	enable = gaelic_free_shooter	enable = asian_arquebusier	enable = indian_arquebusier	enable = ottoman_sekban enable = han_banner	enable = reformed_mughal_musketeer	enable = native_indian_mountain_warfare	enable = asian_mass_infantry 	enable = polish_musketeer 	enable = muscovite_musketeer	}
    technology = { id = 19  average_year = 1540   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.55	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	regimental_camp = yes	}												
    technology = { id = 20  average_year = 1545   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.60  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	enable = mughal_mansabdar    	enable = westernized_south_american	enable = westernized_aztec	enable = westernized_mayan	enable = westernized_zapotec	enable = westernized_bantu	enable = westernized_niger_kongolese	enable = westernized_adal	enable = westernized_ethiopian	enable = iroquis_rifle_scout}				
    technology = { id = 21  average_year = 1550   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.65	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.4	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	enable = chambered_demi_cannon	 }
    technology = { id = 22  average_year = 1565   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.70  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.5	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	enable = french_caracolle  	  }
    technology = { id = 23  average_year = 1585   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.75	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.6	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	enable = topchis_artillery	enable = indian_elephant	enable = asian_charge_cavalry 	enable = irish_charge 	arsenal = yes	}
    technology = { id = 24  average_year = 1600   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.80  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.75	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	}													
    technology = { id = 25  average_year = 1610   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.85	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.8	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.15	fort3 = yes              	 }
    technology = { id = 26  average_year = 1620   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.90  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	0.9	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.25	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.175	    enable = polish_hussar	enable = muscovite_caracolle	enable = zaporoghian_cossack	enable = leather_cannon	}
    technology = { id = 27  average_year = 1625   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 0.95	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.25	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.175	    enable = swedish_galoop	enable = muscovite_soldaty	enable = polish_tercio	enable = asian_musketeer	conscription_center = yes	}
    technology = { id = 28  average_year = 1636   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.25	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.175	enable = austrian_tercio 	enable = swedish_gustavian	enable = ottoman_reformed_spahi		enable = scottish_highlander	enable = ottoman_reformed_janissary	enable = russian_petrine	enable = saxon_infantry		enable = sikh_hit_and_run}				
    technology = { id = 29  average_year = 1644   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.05	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.36	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.182	war_college = yes     	enable = manchu_banner	enable = peruvian_guerilla_warfare	enable = mexican_guerilla_warfare	enable = maya_guerilla_warfare	enable = american_western_franchise_warfare	enable = african_western_franchise_warfare	enable = niger_kongolese_guerilla_warfare	enable = adal_guerilla_warfare	enable = ethiopian_guerilla_warfare	enable = apache_guerilla	enable = african_westernized_horsemen	}	
    technology = { id = 30  average_year = 1655   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.10  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.36	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.182	enable = reformed_mughal_mansabdar	enable = swivel_cannon	enable = bhonsle_infantry		enable = afsharid_reformed_infantry}
    technology = { id = 31  average_year = 1660   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.15	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.6	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.205	fort4 = yes	 }
    technology = { id = 32  average_year = 1675   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.20  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.6	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.227	enable = polish_winged_hussar	enable = muscovite_cossack	}						
    technology = { id = 33  average_year = 1690   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.25	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	1.8	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.273	enable = maharathan_guerilla_warfare	enable = maharathan_cavalry	enable = coehorn_mortar	}					
    technology = { id = 34  average_year = 1700   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.30  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.28	sprite_level = 3  	enable = austrian_grenzer	enable = swedish_caroline 	enable = anglofrench_line	enable = commanche_swarm	enable = mamluk_musket_charge      	enable = reformed_asian_musketeer	enable = muslim_mass_infantry	enable = indian_rifle}
    technology = { id = 35  average_year = 1709   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.35	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	2.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.28	enable = chinese_dragoon	}							
    technology = { id = 36  average_year = 1714   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.40  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	2.4	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.3	enable = swedish_arme_blanche	enable = french_dragoon	enable = austrian_hussar	enable = ottoman_toprakli_hit_and_run		enable = durrani_rifled_musketeer	enable = ottoman_nizami_cedid}		
    technology = { id = 37  average_year = 1719   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.45	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	2.6	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.32	                     }       								
    technology = { id = 38  average_year = 1723   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.50  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	2.8	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.32	enable = bhonsle_cavalry	enable = reformed_asian_cavalry		}					
    technology = { id = 39  average_year = 1725   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.55	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.33	     enable = russian_lancer	enable = tartar_cossack		}					
    technology = { id = 40  average_year = 1727   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.60  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.33	     fort5 = yes              	 }							
    technology = { id = 41  average_year = 1730   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.65	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.33	 }								
    technology = { id = 42  average_year = 1732   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.70  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.33	 }								
    technology = { id = 43  average_year = 1735   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.75	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.34	    enable = austrian_white_coat	enable = french_bluecoat	enable = british_redcoat	enable = prussian_frederickian    enable = russian_green_coat	enable = persian_rifle	enable = ali_bey_reformed_infantry	enable = eastern_carabinier	 enable = ottoman_new_model}	
    technology = { id = 44  average_year = 1737   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.80  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.34	    enable = afsharid_reformed	enable = african_reformed_cavalry	}						
    technology = { id = 45  average_year = 1743   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.85	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.34	enable = muslim_dragoon		}						
    technology = { id = 46  average_year = 1747   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.90  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.34	    enable = ottoman_toprakli_dragoon	enable = sikh_rifle	}						
    technology = { id = 47  average_year = 1750   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 1.95	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.34	    enable = durrani_swivel	enable = royal_mortar		}					
    technology = { id = 48  average_year = 1755   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.34	    enable = russian_cuirassier	enable = russian_cossack		}		
    technology = { id = 49  average_year = 1760   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.05	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.35		enable = sioux_dragoon	                     }			
    technology = { id = 50  average_year = 1765   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.10  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.35	 fort6 = yes	enable = eastern_skirmisher	enable = eastern_uhlan 	enable = ottoman_lancer 	enable = reformed_manchu_rifle	}
    technology = { id = 51  average_year = 1770   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.15	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.35	enable = tipu_sultan_rocket	}				
    technology = { id = 52  average_year = 1775   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.20  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.33	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.38	 enable = french_cuirassier	enable = durrani_dragoon                 }				
    technology = { id = 53  average_year = 1780   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.25	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.67	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.39	enable = french_carabinier 	enable = prussian_uhlan 	enable = british_hussar	enable = flying_battery }
    technology = { id = 54  average_year = 1785   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.30  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.67	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.4	}
    technology = { id = 55  average_year = 1790   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.35	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.67	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.41	enable = french_impulse	enable = british_square                  }				
    technology = { id = 56  average_year = 1791   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.40  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.85	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.42	enable = prussian_drill	enable = austrian_jaeger                 }				
    technology = { id = 57  average_year = 1792   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.45	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.85	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.42	enable = russian_mass        	 }
    technology = { id = 58  average_year = 1795   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.50  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.13	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.85	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.42	sprite_level = 4	enable = mixed_order_infantry	enable = open_order_cavalry	}		
    technology = { id = 59  average_year = 1798   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.55	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.13	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.85	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.43	enable = napoleonic_lancers	enable = napoleonic_square               	}			
    technology = { id = 60  average_year = 1801   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.60  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.13	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	3.85	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.43	}					
    technology = { id = 61  average_year = 1803   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.65	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.13	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.43	}					
    technology = { id = 62  average_year = 1805   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.70  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.25	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.44	}					
    technology = { id = 63  average_year = 1807   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.75	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.25	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.44	}					
    technology = { id = 64  average_year = 1809   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.80  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.25	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.44	}
    technology = { id = 65  average_year = 1811   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.85	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.25	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.45	}
    technology = { id = 66  average_year = 1813   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.90  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.05	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.46	}
    technology = { id = 67  average_year = 1815   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 2.95	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.1	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.475	}
    technology = { id = 68  average_year = 1820   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 3.00  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.15	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.49	}
    technology = { id = 69  average_year = 1830   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 3.05	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.2	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.5	}
    technology = { id = 70  average_year = 1840   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 3.10  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.25	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.55	}
    technology = { id = 71  average_year = 1850   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 3.15	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.3	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.6	}
    technology = { id = 72  average_year = 1880   military_tactics =	1.5	supply_limit = 3.20  	land_morale = 	1.5	infantry_fire = 	1.38	cavalry_fire = 	0.3	artillery_fire = 	4.35	infantry_shock = 	1	cavalry_shock = 	2.75	artillery_shock = 	0.6	}
    African cultures mod - a mod adding more cultures (and some other improvements) to Africa (In Nomine)

Africa mods for HTTT

This is the current version I'm using. There are lots of different ways you can flavour it.
    Thanks! I really like how you made the gains linear instead of scaled. This will definitly be included

I also redid the western arms trade, what do you think?

Code:
    ######################################
    # Western Influences.
    ######################################
    western_arms_trade = {
    	potential = {
    	}

trigger = {
    		NOT = { technology_group = western }
    		NOT = { technology_group = eastern }
    		any_neighbor_country = {
    			OR = {
    				technology_group = western
    				technology_group = eastern
    			}	
    			relation = { who = THIS value = 50 }
    		}
    	}

prestige = -0.01			#1% less yearly prestige
    	land_tech_investment = 10
    	land_tech_cost_modifier = -0.1
    }
    I plan to move the Ottomans into the Eastern tech group, but leave them with their unique units.
    Last edited by impspy; 02-05-2012 at 22:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast