• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mcganyol

Captain
27 Badges
Sep 3, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
in our recent mp, i just found out you can "steal" your allies units.
- take your allies unit(s) as exp forces
- strat redeploy them
- while the units are in transit, let the unit(s) original owner get annexed
- upon arrival the exp forces became your own, just as if u have built them recently

Imo the easiest way to fix this, the exp forces should be in the original owner's pool while in transit.
If game engine limitations don't make this possible, the strat redeploying of exp forces should be forbidden.

Upvote 0
I fail to see the problem. I personally find it plausible, that those expeditional forces join your forces if their homeland got annexed.
Similar to polish exile forces who fought along with british forces.
maybe not the optimum solution but it's definitly easier than implementing exile-governments and their puny left-over forces

If this was meant to be a feature, they should become your own even if they are not redeploying. Like nat chi gain the units of the warlords in case they got annexed.

In fact playing a major (especially ones relatively low on manpower) you are interested to let your allies got annexed. With germany u invite hun&rom&bul and dow yugo and u better empty all borders except germany's and wait until yugo annexes both minor axis, just to claim another 60 or so inf. They became motr capable as your own, with better doctrines and techs....
Odd enough if u annex yugo after that, and liberate hun&rom&bul (as puppets) they start to build new units, while u can still keep their "original" ones.

I would rather call it an exploit than a feature.

Last edited:
Well, this is a really really complicated exploit then, isn't it?
The usual SP exploit rule applies here as well: Just don't do it, it's your fun that is getting spoiled.

i don't bother really with sp, as you can defeat the su with germany by building only hqs.
In multiplayer tough it's very hard to track, and it's really not a complicated exploit, it can happen by accident also.

last game was ruined because the german player invaded turkey (which joined allies), and annexed it. Half year later as fighting uk at suez he realized uk didn't put a single own-builded div there only the "stolen" 30 turkish infantry were able to hold the canal... uk player didn't even rename them... maybe he tought it was meant to be a feature.

We banned exp forces altogether from next game, only military control is allowed.
Imo a great feature like the exp forces is rendered unreliable and useless because of this bug.

I completely agree, exp forces never really worked. The game considers them as your troops while you have them on loan. Also the leaders you get with these troops appear in your leader list as if they were yours. If countries get annexed the game cannot make a distinction. I think there is also a problem with doctrines, in one game I saw Bulgarian troops having German org levels...We also ended up with the rule of taking military control only and it works pretty well.