Thread: 25 pounder and observation post

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

25 pounder and observation post

Hi,

Observation post: All cards in defence that DON'T use their abilities, stay unpinned after battle as long as not damaged or pinned in combat.
    Observation post can use its ability to assign arty damage, pins, kills, and stay unpinned after the battle. quite erroneous, if you ask me. It is not Miliatia, that does absolutely nothing.

25 pounder currently costs as much as normal arty every faction has, which is sad, 25 pounder has much more to offer, so it should be more expensive, i mean 4 weapons instead of 3. Its a great asset and should come at the same price.

discuss : its not a QQ thread.
    Last edited by zeimer; 26-03-2012 at 20:49.

about 25pdr.
    if u increase the cost to 4W, u ruin it.
    To score damage u need to wait for the battle phase, means ur vulnerable to counterbattery and in general to battlephase effects.
    To use its extra ability, u damage the card itself, means u pay 3W over and over again, while standart arty does not require a repair from its useage.
    25pdr is absolutly fine as it is. It gives alot of flexibility, but to realy use it it comes with a constant cost of 3W.

about the Ops Post, well, dont care to much about that atm, usually my attacks carry enough firepower to avoid problems around that. But i havnt meet a strong arty deck for a while i think.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

That is Rubbish. take i.e. partisan - same as 25 pounder, just 2 times weaker. so YEAH, 25 pounder needs 4 weapon costs

Partisans : Infantry and its of ur choice on default
    25pdr: Arty/support and just standart Pin/Damage if not combined with Obs Post.

dont compare 2 completly diffrent cards.

25 pounder is also infantry when with FO

so a tiger is infantry aswell when combined with rommel?
    lets give all infantrys heavy armor then cuz Tiger does have it aswell?

25 pouinder is way too cheap, however you spin. any arty piece costs 3, while 25 pounder is much more effective and costs the same. Nerf the troll cannon!

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club

25 pounder cost is fine as it is now for me.
    I agree to Observation Post: at the end of a battle he has to be pinned (even as defender)
    We are strong, we are patient, we'll win

oh hey, allies finally got a weapon with which the arty deck becomes as powerful as many of the axis and comintern ground based decks and then u wanna nerf it?
    The Basic Artys are exactly that, Basic. Untill H&D allies arty did depend on those for a big part+priest. Now They have Priest+25pdr to finally field a powerful attack with more then just 5 out of 60 cards.

And seriosly, compared to Wespe and Priest (which are the cards u should compare the 25pdr to) the 25pdr is just about right. Slightly Cheaper to deploy, but much more expensive to maintain while the 25pdr offers the flexibility to make up for the constant extra cost.

Not to mention the fact that the 25 pounder damaging itself can seriously mess up the rest of your units in a lot of situations since it can't take a kill token. I look at the 25 pounder as the nebelwerfer of artillery, compared to the priest which would be like a zis or something. Its useful and versatile in some situations but a liability in others. A cost of 4 would make is pretty useless IMHO

25-Pounder and OP have finally given Allies a deck choice besides SB, and you want to take it away?