• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lol887

Captain
8 Badges
Oct 25, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
In one of my games USA suddenly has a huge industry score, over 1000 over mine. Occupying USA is out of the question because of a lack of navy, and the attrition my soldiers get from travelling over the atlantic + a amphibious invasion. So i wondering what other possibilities i had to either increase my industry score or to destroy USAs industry.
I can also not understand why USA has a higher score than me, as i have more factories, higher railroad level(80-100% all over, while usa has 50-30%), and I have all commercial and industry techs.
One tactic im wondering is to declear war on USA, let them mobilise and not mobilise myself. And then let them take the economic hit from mobilisation. The few stray troops they send over the atlantic i can destroy with my standing troops. Will this be enough to lower their industrial score?

They will eventually recover from the mobilization hit. Once they de-mobilize & any POP losses they took from their mobilized brigades recover in the RGO's/factories then you'll be back to square one!

Im not sure how they manage to suddenly boom industrially, I can never seem to do it myself!

The big advantage USA have over most other countries is big immigration.

So they get pop growth+immigrants to fullfil their industries while you get pop growth-emigrants.
In the long run, that is just a huge advantage and there is not a lot you can do if you dont want to attack them.
And they pretty much always have the laisser faire party in power which is another major boost to industry.

Between the normal immigration that the USA should attract, the Homestead Act, and the Liberty Enlightening the World (which is initiated by France), the USA is going to scoop up a ton of immigrants, including tons of craftsmen. Even worse, those immigrants will assimilate quickly.

Short of winning a naval arms race or annexing entire states, I'm not sure what you can do to stop them.

Between the normal immigration that the USA should attract, the Homestead Act, and the Liberty Enlightening the World (which is initiated by France), the USA is going to scoop up a ton of immigrants, including tons of craftsmen. Even worse, those immigrants will assimilate quickly.

Short of winning a naval arms race or annexing entire states, I'm not sure what you can do to stop them.
Dreadnaught spam and stealing some of UKs industry did the trick. But costed 30-40million £ and almost bankrupted me.
Kinda irritating when you have been the Nr1 GP for 80years, and then USA becomes a monster the last 10-20years of the game. But i guess it's realistic, USA did after all become/and is the Nr1 superpower in the world.

But i dont understand why USA has such a higher industrial score when i have all industry/and almost all commercial techs, all railroad techs and 100 more factories. What did i overlook on the industrial front?

Dreadnaught spam and stealing some of UKs industry did the trick. But costed 30-40million £ and almost bankrupted me.
Kinda irritating when you have been the Nr1 GP for 80years, and then USA becomes a monster the last 10-20years of the game. But i guess it's realistic, USA did after all become/and is the Nr1 superpower in the world.

But i dont understand why USA has such a higher industrial score when i have all industry/and almost all commercial techs, all railroad techs and 100 more factories. What did i overlook on the industrial front?

AI Magic?

Its because USA get tons of immigrants, 10k+ immigrants a month is common for USA, thats 1+ lvl of factory fullfilled each month.
Those immigrants reproduce too, so their pop get bigger and bigger even faster.
More industries is good, but better to have 100 lvl 30 factories than 200 lvl 10 ones.
If they have laisser faire party in power (very common for USA) while you have anything else, their factories are so much more profitable...

In pretty much all of my games, USA late game is the ind powerhouse too, thats quite normal.

Its because USA get tons of immigrants, 10k+ immigrants a month is common for USA, thats 1+ lvl of factory fullfilled each month.
Those immigrants reproduce too, so their pop get bigger and bigger even faster.
More industries is good, but better to have 100 lvl 30 factories than 200 lvl 10 ones.
If they have laisser faire party in power (very common for USA) while you have anything else, their factories are so much more profitable...

In pretty much all of my games, USA late game is the ind powerhouse too, thats quite normal.

I hate the USA in game with a burning passion; if you do too, just occupy all of it and don't accept peace; put down rebels and watch it depopulate...

Population growth seems to be the single biggest factor of achieving industrial growth. If you have a fast growing population, your RGO's will soon be overfilled with POP's, (especially as techs are invented to both increase RGO efficiency, and shrink their size). The excess pops naturally flow into empty industrial spaces. A larger population also crates demand for more goods. The USA has an enormous immigration advantage. When this is combined with all the pop growth modifiers from techs and decisions, USA's population surges rapidly throughout the game, allowing them to hit massive industrial scores.

So if you want a high industrial score, do everything possible to boost your population. This includes passing healthcare reforms as early as possible, medicine techs, pop growth decisions (certain countries). This also means becoming as big of an immigration magnet as possible, by democratizing, and passing reforms (or in Europe's case, minimize emigration via the same methods).

Keep in mind also that industrial score reflects the value of goods produced. A single luxury furniture factory is worth a lot more industrial points than a cement factory. If you have a lot of luxury cloths and furniture factories; and later automobiles, airplanes, and radios, then you'll see your score shoot through the roof! Provided you have the pops to fill the factories of course.

Unless you are playing an old version of vanilla Vic2, it is not necessary to overfill RGOs with workers to get excess labor for factories. Even before AHD came out, RGOs were reprogrammed so that they fire workers like factories when they sell less goods than they produce. An RGO can have 10% of its capacity filled with farmers and it will still fire people when the RGO does not sell everything it makes.

The key is to get RGO efficiency up to the point where the RGOs aren't selling everything they make. You can't do it on your own all the time (if the WM demands and buy 1000 units of grain a day, and RGOs only supply 850, then boosting your grain output will just make those farmers richer). But if the other industrialized nations of the world are also increasing their efficiency, soon you can all reap the benefits of RGO efficiency.

This effects colonies, too, causing unemployment there as well.

This means that some RGOs tend to have variable employment. Coal is a great example, because various techs cause coal's efficiency to skyrocket, but demand for coal also shoots up. Rubber and oil also have variable employment, although by the end of the game, demand for both is really high unless someone spams synthetic oil factories.

This doesn't mean population isn't important. It is vital. But you don't need to overfill RGOs anymore. You just need to overproduce goods. And actually, the techs that reduce RGO size are now a problem because rubber plantations are too small to supply demand on the WM.