• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AllThat4Nothing

There are FOUR LIGHTS!
32 Badges
Jul 20, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
My computer is a beast, as is my video card. This is not a hardware issue nor is it a driver issue.

That said, I keep getting massive slowdowns during battles, especially larger ones. I know, most people will automatically jump to the "turn your graphics down" line. But even if my rig wasn't the super beast that it is, I have tried this anyway and it still does not fix the problem. no amount of nerfing my settings or reducing battle size from 150 to something smaller is fixing this problem.

I have 1.143 on Steam.

I used to play extensively in 2010, I do not recall if it was 1.134 or the current version, but I do recall that at that time my system was not as good as it is now, and yet, I had no slowdown issues whatsoever.

what's the deal?

According to this thread it should be the same bug as one that would crop up in the old game: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=53320.105

Apparently some map segments are 906kb instead of 1kb, and should be removed and replaced with other map segments. I'd start by looking at whether this might be your issue?

According to this thread it should be the same bug as one that would crop up in the old game: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=53320.105

Apparently some map segments are 906kb instead of 1kb, and should be removed and replaced with other map segments. I'd start by looking at whether this might be your issue?

this may be true, however, I read that forcing single threading might help. and it has, oddly enough. go fig.