+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ridiculous battle slowdowns

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

ridiculous battle slowdowns

My computer is a beast, as is my video card. This is not a hardware issue nor is it a driver issue.

That said, I keep getting massive slowdowns during battles, especially larger ones. I know, most people will automatically jump to the "turn your graphics down" line. But even if my rig wasn't the super beast that it is, I have tried this anyway and it still does not fix the problem. no amount of nerfing my settings or reducing battle size from 150 to something smaller is fixing this problem.

I have 1.143 on Steam.

I used to play extensively in 2010, I do not recall if it was 1.134 or the current version, but I do recall that at that time my system was not as good as it is now, and yet, I had no slowdown issues whatsoever.

what's the deal?
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

According to this thread it should be the same bug as one that would crop up in the old game: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=53320.105

Apparently some map segments are 906kb instead of 1kb, and should be removed and replaced with other map segments. I'd start by looking at whether this might be your issue?
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai II View Post
    According to this thread it should be the same bug as one that would crop up in the old game: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=53320.105

Apparently some map segments are 906kb instead of 1kb, and should be removed and replaced with other map segments. I'd start by looking at whether this might be your issue?
    this may be true, however, I read that forcing single threading might help. and it has, oddly enough. go fig.
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hey, as long as it works
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

+ Reply to Thread