• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ebenweb

Captain
12 Badges
Jan 20, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
how do i raise moral authority? i know creating an anti-pope degrades it, but how can i raise it? does it happen when i grant bishop titles? and where do i see the actual number, for that matter?

as far as i can tell, high MA means faster religeous conversions and the posibility of the pope launching crusades. i believe i read something about him granting divorces and launching crusades against heretics, as well. am i missing anything?

how do i raise moral authority? i know creating an anti-pope degrades it, but how can i raise it? does it happen when i grant bishop titles? and where do i see the actual number, for that matter?

as far as i can tell, high MA means faster religeous conversions and the posibility of the pope launching crusades. i believe i read something about him granting divorces and launching crusades against heretics, as well. am i missing anything?
on the flipside, lower MA increases the spread of heresies. that itself is both good or bad, depending on your intents

Conquer non-catholic territories. Promote Bishops. Build Churches.

I haven't done any of these things and yet my MA has reached 100%. I have no idea why?!

How does MA decline? It has been sitting between 90 and 100 for more than 100 years now, which has been nice since I haven't dealt with too many heretics. The Pope has only one barony in my game, so he's not up to much these days - is there a downside to having high MA? My natural instinct is to lower it, because I like to see chaos spread, but I don't really see a way. Do crusades fail, and does that cause loss of MA?

How does MA decline? It has been sitting between 90 and 100 for more than 100 years now, which has been nice since I haven't dealt with too many heretics. The Pope has only one barony in my game, so he's not up to much these days - is there a downside to having high MA? My natural instinct is to lower it, because I like to see chaos spread, but I don't really see a way. Do crusades fail, and does that cause loss of MA?

Creation of Anti-Popes (this will tank the Moral Authority over time), Catholics losing holy wars (offensive and defensive) failure of Crusades.