+ Reply to Thread

Thread: moral authority: how to boost it, what it's good for

moral authority: how to boost it, what it's good for

how do i raise moral authority? i know creating an anti-pope degrades it, but how can i raise it? does it happen when i grant bishop titles? and where do i see the actual number, for that matter?

as far as i can tell, high MA means faster religeous conversions and the posibility of the pope launching crusades. i believe i read something about him granting divorces and launching crusades against heretics, as well. am i missing anything?

Conquer non-catholic territories. Promote Bishops. Build Churches. Get MA high and conversions go much faster.

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenweb View Post
    how do i raise moral authority? i know creating an anti-pope degrades it, but how can i raise it? does it happen when i grant bishop titles? and where do i see the actual number, for that matter?

as far as i can tell, high MA means faster religeous conversions and the posibility of the pope launching crusades. i believe i read something about him granting divorces and launching crusades against heretics, as well. am i missing anything?
    on the flipside, lower MA increases the spread of heresies. that itself is both good or bad, depending on your intents
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - RESUMED]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

Is the current MA shown anywhere in the UI?

Yes go to your religion page. It should be on the top-right side

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Bogi View Post
    Conquer non-catholic territories. Promote Bishops. Build Churches.
    I haven't done any of these things and yet my MA has reached 100%. I have no idea why?!
    'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick-insect got stuck on a sticky bun' - Capt. E. Blackadder.

He who binds to himself a joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    But he who kisses the joy as it flies, Lives in eternity's sun rise. - William Blake

The Empire needs YOU.. Come and post something nice about my AAR. The House of Habsburg. Victoria Revolutions VIPR01. Winner of the WritAAR of the Week Award 13 January 2008.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I haven't done any of these things and yet my MA has reached 100%. I have no idea why?!
    It's the moral authority of the Pope and catholic church, your actions can affect moral authority but it's determined by the actions of the vast majority of catholics.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Somebody successfully led a crusade ?

Also, each time a character fullfills his ambition as a paragon or virtue, MA increases by 1 I think.

Crusade is +20% instant.

Having a high diplomacy stats for the Pope. Every 10 diplomacy = +0.1% per month.

How does MA decline? It has been sitting between 90 and 100 for more than 100 years now, which has been nice since I haven't dealt with too many heretics. The Pope has only one barony in my game, so he's not up to much these days - is there a downside to having high MA? My natural instinct is to lower it, because I like to see chaos spread, but I don't really see a way. Do crusades fail, and does that cause loss of MA?

I REALLY wish I had known this before making an antipope and installing him in Rome, I was just sick of getting excommunicated every damn time felt like invading me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongquistador View Post
    How does MA decline? It has been sitting between 90 and 100 for more than 100 years now, which has been nice since I haven't dealt with too many heretics. The Pope has only one barony in my game, so he's not up to much these days - is there a downside to having high MA? My natural instinct is to lower it, because I like to see chaos spread, but I don't really see a way. Do crusades fail, and does that cause loss of MA?
    Creation of Anti-Popes (this will tank the Moral Authority over time), Catholics losing holy wars (offensive and defensive) failure of Crusades.

+ Reply to Thread