• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So,

I'm a duke and just became the regent of the kingdom, what perks do I have? :)
If you also hold a councilor position, you can't be fired from it.

There's an event where you can embezzle money from the king's treasury, though I'm not sure if you actually get the money or if the king just loses it.

Your plot power is higher.

That's it.

I'm not sure about this but when I was regent of france I assasinated the 10 year old King and became King myself... I was playing House Vermandois and I think he was the last male of his house.

Considering you should be effectively ruling the kingdom, the regent mechanic wasn't implemented to it's full implications because it would break everything. But there might be room for improvement.

The king of france in my current game didn't have a counsilor all the time he was alive because he offered me this position after throwing me in prison. It was a fabrication from a pathetic relative and the king believed his word over mine apparently...I paid the 145 gold to get released and the stupid AI king offered me the same position and i declined the first 3 times untill i just ignored his request completely. He continued to offer me the counsilor seat for 30+ years on a regular basis.

The king of france in my current game didn't have a counsilor all the time he was alive because he offered me this position after throwing me in prison. It was a fabrication from a pathetic relative and the king believed his word over mine apparently...I paid the 145 gold to get released and the stupid AI king offered me the same position and i declined the first 3 times untill i just ignored his request completely. He continued to offer me the counsilor seat for 30+ years on a regular basis.

He should have just executed you :/

Or he could have used someone else. I'm sure the other Dukes in france would stand in a line with their hand waving in the air for attention to get a useless job for the king :)