+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Germany

Greater Germany

Is it at all possible to form a Greater Germany that includes Austria if you've sphered them when creating Germany, something like in this aar http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...reater-Germany
    "This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read." - Winston Churchill.

"When one man die, it's a tragedy. When millions die, it's statistics" - Josef (Iosif) Vissarionovitsj Stalin.

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think." - Adolf Hitler.

No. You need to rip off their non-Austrian territory.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Austria will not join Germany unless it's lost all of it's non-core territory. Make Austria release everything, then form Germany. Also, don't expect to do it nearly as quickly as was done it that AAR. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) Prussia is weaker than in vanilla when compared to the states surrounding it.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) Prussia is weaker than in vanilla when compared to the states surrounding it.
    It very much is. IRL, Prussia was the least of the powers in 1836, probably weaker than even the OE. They also get a huge advantage over the others from a) Loads of free land from unifications, and b) very high literacy. Prussia should reach parity with the others around 1860ish.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    It very much is. IRL, Prussia was the least of the powers in 1836, probably weaker than even the OE. They also get a huge advantage over the others from a) Loads of free land from unifications, and b) very high literacy. Prussia should reach parity with the others around 1860ish.
    I haven't played Prussia in the PDM version, but I noted in all my other games, there is always a Loon First Minister, or some good ones, or average ones. In PDM, when playing Prussia, is there a Bismark Event, or such, that gives a diplomatic advantage to Prussia ... outside the realm of the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    I haven't played Prussia in the PDM version, but I noted in all my other games, there is always a Loon First Minister, or some good ones, or average ones. In PDM, when playing Prussia, is there a Bismark Event, or such, that gives a diplomatic advantage to Prussia ... outside the realm of the norm?
    Nope. I've considered making it a decision, tbh.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

I get the Raving Loon First minister every time I start a new game...having Bismarck though would be pretty cool. Maybe make him give more Diplo and Influence points?

At least the Raving Loon gets committed fairly soon. I always seem to end up with a Gauche Buffoon.

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    At least the Raving Loon gets committed fairly soon. I always seem to end up with a Gauche Buffoon.
    Naselus ... not sure if you're being tongue in cheek ... but is that a part of the code? The reason I ask is that if I replace the 1st Minister, I have to suffer some negative effects. But if I know the Raving Loon get's ousted early, then I may just let him sit.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Hussar View Post
    Naselus ... not sure if you're being tongue in cheek ... but is that a part of the code? The reason I ask is that if I replace the 1st Minister, I have to suffer some negative effects. But if I know the Raving Loon get's ousted early, then I may just let him sit.

Thanks.
    Raving Loons have an extra removal even that can happen to them, when people notice that they spend their time in office licking wallpaper paste and shooting poodles. You'll usually be rid of him within 4 years.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Europa Universalis IV

I am looking for the file wich allows Germany to annex Austria, but I can't find it.Could somebody tell me where it is?

C4po, I don't think you can annex Austria after Germany is formed but had you included Austria (and her cores exclusively) into your SoI and then enact the three hurrahs, you'll have a Gro▀deutschland.

Interestingly I started my game as Austria with the goal to form Gro▀deutschland from that route. It was very tedious and careful planning in making it work but I pulled it off. I don't know if it was gamey in the respects of releasing non-austrian states in a loose 'federated' form but combined with Gro▀deutschland, her puppet states, the SoI and more recently, alliances, has made my Germany into a mega force in europe with massive political and military clout (something like 6 mega corps with 60,000 troops each in peacetime). Behold:

Its 1896 at this point with a few colonies in Africa.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Just wanted to say that an event/decision that installs bismarck for the historical length would be an excellent idea.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Europa Universalis IV

@Ayetach Thank you for your answer.I thought that Greater Germany was another step, that it was possible to annex Austria after Three Hurrahs for Germany.I loaded an older save, and managed to form Greater Germany. Surprisingly, Germany does not get cores on Austria.Should Germany get cores in Austria?Acquiring Austria this way requires a lot of work, and such reward would be appropriate, even if it applied only to regions wich only Austria itself had cores(Not Bohemia or Croatia).

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

You can annex Austria though Pan-Nationalists, but only if it only holds lands it has cores on, which are the lands that were historically in the German Confederation. This includes Bohemia, Moravia, Austria, Slovenia, and part of Istria. You will not get cores on Austrian lands though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetach View Post
    You let Poland take your cores and prevent you reaching to east Prussia? Wow!
    mother did it need to be so high?

Europa Universalis IV

Probably he had to do it in order to stay on the infamy limit.If it is true, it would have been wiser to release Memel as Lithuania.Indeed, it separetes East Prussia from Germany, and what's more important, the map looks so ugly(As Germany, I always conquer Jutland purely for aesthetic value).

Anti-Emperor
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by C4po View Post
    Probably he had to do it in order to stay on the infamy limit.If it is true, it would have been wiser to release Memel as Lithuania.Indeed, it separetes East Prussia from Germany, and what's more important, the map looks so ugly(As Germany, I always conquer Jutland purely for aesthetic value).
    As Denmark, I always keep Holstein for aesthetic value...

The answer is probably more straight forward if I'm to guess: He needed to relinquish the Kingdom of Galicia-Lodomeria in order to be able to form Germany. Poland has the cores there and in releasing them he (somehow) also had to give off West-Prussia. That or he gave it up in a FP-wargoal. And since cultural union formations don't cost any infamy unless you don't sphere, I don't see why that would be a problem.

+ Reply to Thread