• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cybvep

Field Marshal
May 25, 2009
Hi,

I haven't played DH in a while and this is why I want to ask you for advice. I'm looking for a challenging country in a balanced and relatively polished scenario. I don't like to micromanage 12905816516515 units, so the USSR and the USA are out of equation. I'm willing to install mods if necessary and I have no problem with giving bonuses to the AI. I like to play ahistorically, too, so it would be great if there were various ahistorical options available and they shouldn't break the AI.

Any suggestions?

Argentina can be a lot of fun. Decent starting army, small air force, and nice navy. You'll need to choose the setting "Democracies can declare war" and then South America will be your playground. From there you can get a foothold in Europe by declaring war on Portugal, take the Azores first...

I don't really feel motivated to play as the SA nation as their involvement in major wars would be limited and conquering whole SA is blatantly unrealistic.

Spain is an interesting option, indeed. How does the Spanish Civil War plays out in DH?

I don't really feel motivated to play as the SA nation as their involvement in major wars would be limited and conquering whole SA is blatantly unrealistic.

Spain is an interesting option, indeed. How does the Spanish Civil War plays out in DH?

Play with Germany in 1933. You will also be able to play SCW. But never play on Normal, I create my own difficulty setting by removing IC, research, movement penalties and jus giving combat penalties to myself. This way, I don't feel the game become unrealistic and also have much more challenge.

How about Poland? :D

Ok, ok I'm going to shut up :)

OR this: Pick Germany and ally with Poland. Turn Poland into fascism, anschluss Austria, Poland anschluss Lithuania, ally Hungary, partition of Czechoslovakia, ally Romania, Bulgaria and Italy, partition Yugoslavia and Greece, take Western Europe for Germany, take Norway, Sweden and Finland and release Scandinavia, ally Nat Spain and Ireland, partition Portugal and Great Britain, ally with Turkey and Japan, finally take on the Bear. In the end you rule West while Poland and puppets rule East. Oh and you can try invading US...

Start up the 1933 scenario, and play a non-Axis Romania. I have a current mp game going where I've done just that, and it's been challenging, and I feel accomplished for the feats I've pulled off, something I don't tend to feel as a major power.