+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaders Mod

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Leaders Mod

Version 1.0

This mod adds several new types of leaders, as well as ministers, as country modifiers to the game. It also adds a number of historical admirals and generals.

The leader country modifiers give bonuses according to their type, and that particular leader's skill (skill can range from 1 to 6). The new leader types are:

Artist (increases prestige)
    Banker (decreases loan interest, increases the maximum loan modifier and decreases factory costs)
    Diplomat (decreases badboy and increases diplomat points)
    Natural Scientist (gives bonus to industry research)
    Philosopher (increases research points)
    Statesman (increases administrative efficiency, increases population consciousness and increases political awareness)
    Treasurer (increases tax efficiency)

To recruit each type of leader, use the corresponding decision (for instance: "Recruit Statesman"). Recruiting a leader costs 5 prestige.

After a short while, an event will trigger, giving you a random historical leader of that type that is available to you. If there are no leaders of that type available to you, the decision will be unavailable. Whether a particular leader is available depends on whether you own the correct province, whether that province has pops of the correct culture, and on the date.

Some of your leaders can occupy ministerial positions (Head of State, Head of Government, Armament Minister, Chief of the Army, Foreign Minister and Minister of Security). The bonuses given by a minister depends on their trait respective to that ministerial position. You can only appoint a minister of the same ideology group as your ruling party (so a conservative party will allow you to appoint conservative or reactionary ministers), except for the head of government, which has to be of the same ideology as your ruling party.

When your ruling party changes, if a minister is of an inadequate ideology, you will get a resignation event for him. With heads of state things function differently; rather than be appointed, they become heads of state by event. For republics, the head of state depends on the ideology of the ruling party, while for monarchies the head of state is independent of ideology.

Leader Count:

Austria (1 diplomat)
    Bohemia-Moravia (1 philosopher)
    Brazil (1 admiral, 2 artists, 1 banker, 4 generals, 6 statesmen, 1 treasurer)
    Ecuador (1 artist)
    Great Britain (4 artists, 1 natural scientist, 1 statesman)
    Hungary (1 artist, 1 natural scientist, 1 statesman)
    Japan (1 artist)
    Netherlands (1 artist)
    Russia (1 diplomat)
    Ruthenia (1 statesman)
    Slovenia (1 artist)
    United States of America (4 admirals, 1 artist, 26 generals)
    Venezuela (1 artist, 1 philosopher)

Minister Count:

Austria (2 heads of state, 1 head of government, 1 foreign minister)
    Brazil (2 heads of state, 2 heads of government, 1 armament minister, 1 chief of the army, 2 foreign ministers, 5 ministers of security)
    Great Britain (1 head of state)

Thanks to ZomgK3tchup for converting the historical American admirals and generals from Victoria 1.

If there is any leader or minister that you would like me to include, please provide detailed information about them.

Download Leaders 1.0
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Can you develop a Polish nation version for me?

I can provide a leader list if you wish

How soon could you get it to me?

Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman1219 View Post
    Can you develop a Polish nation version for me?

I can provide a leader list if you wish

How soon could you get it to me?
    If you could provide me with a list of the most important Poles of the time, along with a description about them, that would be very helpful and then I could include them, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Why does the USA get so many generals?
    Because ZomgK3tchup was very kind to convert the USA generals and admirals from Victoria 1 for this project

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_generals For quick perusal of generals
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tate_of_Poland for Heads of State/Ministers(pick randomly from here)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman1219 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_generals For quick perusal of generals
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tate_of_Poland for Heads of State/Ministers(pick randomly from here)
    Thanks for the lists

But unfortunately, the list of Polish generals is a bit too extensive and doesn't describe the major Polish generals of then. I had checked Victoria 1's files for Polish generals, but it doesn't appear to have any, not even in the Austrian, Prussian or Russian leader files.

Also unfortunately, I've encountered a problem with the way ministers are structured, so I won't be able to add Pilsudski and etc. as ministers, but I will add them as leaders at least.

I have added Badeni (Polish statesman who was the prime minister of the Empire of Austria) and he will figure in the next version as a recruitable statesman for the owner of Przemysl.

Hi in this mod you can specify start times for non random generals in your leaders text file? If I wanted to I could create a historical general to come into the game at a certain year?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Boar View Post
    Hi in this mod you can specify start times for non random generals in your leaders text file? If I wanted to I could create a historical general to come into the game at a certain year?
    You can do that through events. You have to create an event that fires after a certain year that creates the general you want. The command in the event to create a general is set up like this:

Code:
    		define_general = {
    			name = "Jelacic"
    			background = war_college
    			personality = chivalrous
    		}

Cheers I did some testing today and it worked. I have portraits for these specific generals and I couldn't figure a way to link them. They still use the generic ones. Generally I can get specific pictures through the oob file. But no luck. I would have to do it in save game. I am doing a mod on the British empire and want to include statesmen like Disraeli and Gladstone later on. Can I use your coding and give you a credit?

Hi - how do you mod a new chief of the army. If I want to create a commander in chief under Britain, I have no problem creating the general in the leaders file or the leaders great Britain file. I then put the definitions in the localization folder, but this appointment part does not seem to work. I am not sure if I need to reference anywhere else to do this. I have this code referenced in localisations as appoint_geneeral_hill_as_chief_of_the_army_title

Code:
    political_decisions = {
    	#Appoint General Rowland Hill as Chief of the Army
    	appoint_general_hill_as_chief_of_the_army = {
    		potential = {
    			has_leader = "General Rowland Hill"
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_modifier = chief_of_the_army_general_hill	

}
    			}
    		allow = {
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_flag = chief_of_the_army
    			}

}
    		effect = {
    			add_country_modifier = { name = chief_of_the_army_general_hill 

duration = -1 }
    			set_country_flag = chief_of_the_army
    		}
    	}

}

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Boar View Post
    Hi - how do you mod a new chief of the army. If I want to create a commander in chief under Britain, I have no problem creating the general in the leaders file or the leaders great Britain file. I then put the definitions in the localization folder, but this appointment part does not seem to work. I am not sure if I need to reference anywhere else to do this. I have this code referenced in localisations as appoint_geneeral_hill_as_chief_of_the_army_title

Code:
    political_decisions = {
    	#Appoint General Rowland Hill as Chief of the Army
    	appoint_general_hill_as_chief_of_the_army = {
    		potential = {
    			has_leader = "General Rowland Hill"
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_modifier = chief_of_the_army_general_hill	

}
    			}
    		allow = {
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_flag = chief_of_the_army
    			}

}
    		effect = {
    			add_country_modifier = { name = chief_of_the_army_general_hill 

duration = -1 }
    			set_country_flag = chief_of_the_army
    		}
    	}

}
    Was the "appoint_geneeral_hill_as_chief_of_the_army_ti tle" a typo just in this post or did you write it like that in the localization file as well? If so, that would cause the decision to appear without a title. In any case, did you add the modifier to event_modifiers.txt?

Thanks for replying. I got it to work by creating a new title and started from scratch its all going well there. Man there is a lot of tricky coding here. I had put King William IV into the game and had him dying at the right time and Victoria firing off and now that's messed up. So working on that now.

+ Reply to Thread