• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The idea about releasing countries with selected territory has come up more times than I can remember. It is an amazing idea with massive popular support as far as I can tell from every time it comes up. The fact that it still has not happened, ot even been commented on by a Pdox employee as far as I can remember, is not a good sign.

There is some historical backing for this idea too, as this is what the British done when releasing Ireland (Only because Ulster wanted to remain British however)

It would be helpful if you could release land to already existing nations, too. For example, as France I could want to give the North German Confederation Alsasce-Lorraine so they can form and I can be friends with them.

This is exactly what I think Victoria 2 lacks...

For example why if Spain captures Gibralter (or Sciliy Malta) can I not just try and get Gibralter and Malta back? Instead I have to fight for a far bigger state which does not make any sense as to why I would want it...

This would also mean that Danzig could make a reapperance...

Changeowner cheat...

I like to play with creating breakaway nations and this would be a great option.

Better yet, it would be good to be able to name new nations and select their starting government.

i like to play with creating breakaway nations and this would be a great option.

Better yet, it would be good to be able to name new nations and select their starting government.
yes.

Agreed. I get pretty annoyed when I end up releasing Constitutional Monarchies instead of Democracies and the released nations end up with weird names and weird flags with a strong chance of ending up as an absolute monarchy if the reactionaries rise up.

Well not impossible...but highly time consuming. That alone would make it pretty much not worth while.
Who knows maybe one day they'll listen to the players and introduce this especially highly requested feature into their games. Or they could continue to be silent and ignore it like they have for years apparently.
LOVE Paradox, prob my favourite game company today, but they seem to have no love of this idea.

I whole heartedly agree with this thread. Is it too much to ask to release Hungary with modern borders as not to become to new megalith of Eastern Europe?

I defiantly want WAY more control over releasing nations and states / territory.

What I want:
01. To be able to release a state to a country that exists. I wanted to give Moldova back its bit that starts out as part of Austria. (I had formed Großdeutschland and was breaking up the Ottomans and Russians and wanted a full sized Romania.
02. To be able to release parts of nations... Poland is usually the big issue for German Players as you want to have a buffer state / reduce Russian influence while NOT giving up your cores.
03. Promote if not pick the starting Government of the released nation, if creating not adding to and existing nation.
04. To be able to release a nation as an independent nation not as a Satellite, as an option.
05. To be able to remove nations from your own SoI (basically some GTFO functionality).

As a side note it would be nice that if you win a make Puppet CB that you would have the option of changing your new puppet's Government type within a step or two of your Gov. type. (A Reactionary Nation couldn't put in a commie puppet gov.)

Also, does anyone know where in a save file a country's cores are stored? I gave Moldova-> Romania back its territory using the changeowner command line (cheating yes, but I don't use it to GAIN just reduce myself) I had gotten German Cores on these two provinces through events but I want to clear them so I don't have my CB on Romania.

Also, does anyone know where in a save file a country's cores are stored? I gave Moldova-> Romania back its territory using the changeowner command line (cheating yes, but I don't use it to GAIN just reduce myself) I had gotten German Cores on these two provinces through events but I want to clear them so I don't have my CB on Romania.
Search for the province name in the save file. You should see a line a few steps below the province line that reads:
core="GER"
Delete that and the core is gone.

01. To be able to release a state to a country that exists. I wanted to give Moldova back its bit that starts out as part of Austria. (I had formed Großdeutschland and was breaking up the Ottomans and Russians and wanted a full sized Romania.
02. To be able to release parts of nations... Poland is usually the big issue for German Players as you want to have a buffer state / reduce Russian influence while NOT giving up your cores.
03. Promote if not pick the starting Government of the released nation, if creating not adding to and existing nation.
04. To be able to release a nation as an independent nation not as a Satellite, as an option.
05. To be able to remove nations from your own SoI (basically some GTFO functionality).

Brilliant. Let's ask for some signatures now, shall we?

The rule as is makes for the kind of hard choice that makes Paradox games so enjoyable.
no

also
I'd like to see that countries that I release gain my culture as an accepted culture. I'd like to see a lasting influence.
06. Puppets have master's culture accepted (I don't want to see my culture assimilate to their)