• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the idea, just maybe with a quick adjustment. It could be easily exploited if it were by province. If say I were Austria, and I was getting tired of Hungarian Nationalists interrupting my wars every few years, I could potentially release a single province to Hungary, and I could end the nationalist rebellions. Maybe a region-by-region system would work, but at the same time, may also be possible to exploitation, as there is no "patriot" type rebels a la EUIII (to my knowledge)

Then you would just get hungarian patriots plus someone to support them

Very great Idea. Poland is very annoying with her thousands of non-logical cores. (Why cores in Pomerania?, WHY?)
Someone in the 1950s went 88mph and told them about the Oder-neisse lines? Some of the cores are odd, I agree. Being able to disallow releasing of self cored areas when releasing a nation would be an awesome addition. As it is it relegates many nations being released by the player to RP or "Play As" status.

Then you would just get hungarian patriots plus someone to support them
I didn't know patriot rebels were in-game. I thought that there were just nationalists, who tend to rise when their nation is not independent.

I didn't know patriot rebels were in-game. I thought that there were just nationalists, who tend to rise when their nation is not independent.

No they are two separate types of rebels

No they are two separate types of rebels

Okay then, never mind I guess. I've just never seen patriot rebels rise in-game, or I've just never noticed. Well, that as my only objection to the idea.

Okay then, never mind I guess. I've just never seen patriot rebels rise in-game, or I've just never noticed. Well, that as my only objection to the idea.

Nationalists have two flags above their armies while patriots only have 1 flag or its the other way around i don't remember

Excellent idea! I'm looking forward to using this mod in the future! :)

Doesn't mean someone else can't make something like this...

i love this idea, it's also good as now as prussia or russia you can release poland without having to take all the cores

1) Population should be limited by some political reforms like railroad technologies etc
2) Country must have some army to protect from enemy
3) Release nation only if you have the nation to release
4) Country must have some prestige or more than 5
5) Giving provincecs to released country should be used as a justificator for future anexation war for that country
6) Research some political though technologies to have more NF
7) Kil rusians they are very big here so do it fast
8) Thanks for reaing

Doesn't mean someone else can't make something like this...

It can't be modded in, full stop - this would be some serious hardcode stuff.