• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sakura_F

Stadtholder of Turin
74 Badges
Apr 6, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
What if you could choose what basic territory to give to that nation? Per se, as Turkey, you want to release Bulgaria, but you do not want them to gain Macedonia. When you click to release, a window will pop up showing what territories will be released, and you can click on provinces that will either be added/removed to the state when you click "Release" or "Play As".

It's a strange idea, but it allows players to liberate nations to their design (if they want to keep territory but release a nation to keep peace) (as so if, for example, Japan annexes Manchuria, but wants to release a puppet, save for a few provinces which will remain theirs, they can.)

Example:

(Player) Prussia invades Russia and annexes the two Polish regions.
Notices Poland is too expensive to keep in regards to revolt risk and ethnic issues
Decides to release Poland, but in current Vic2, releasing Poland gives them way too much land.

So with this feature, a window pops up with all the territory you can give Poland (their cores?) and then you can click the ones you want to give, so in this case, the player gives them control of the two regions they took from Russia, while leaving West Prussia and East Prussia, etc. under Prussian authority.

This is the reason Bohemia is usually annexed into Germany in my games, while I'd much rather leave them as my protectorate with their Czech-majority provinces. So I'd definitely like to have the option to cherry pick which provinces to give them.

It's too good an idea!!!

Thanks for the public support, since I've come up with this several times over my games, like when I try to establish puppet regimes in parts of the world, like I mentioned above, when I want to make a Polish puppet regime as Prussia/Germany, I lose most of my cores (since Poland's got 1948-class cores.)

Same thing happened with me as Austria. I lost West and East Galicia to a Polish satellite.

Also, the thing about the checklist, you'd have to know the names of all the provinces. I think a check-list associated with highlighting the provinces ON map, would help.

Like, when you go to release a nation, an overlay appears on the map showing all your territory in green, and the provinces you are RELEASING are in red.

You click on a green province, it turns red.
You click a red province, it turns green.

When you have the right design for your release-nation, click "Release" or "Play As" for puppeting or free nation.

Last edited:
Also, the thing about the checklist, you'd have to know the names of all the provinces. I think a check-list associated with highlighting the provinces ON map, would help.

Like, when you go to release a nation, an overlay appears on the map showing all your territory in green, and the provinces you are RELEASING are in red.

You click on a green province, it turns red.
You click a red province, it turns green.

When you have the right design for your release-nation, click "Release" or "Play As" for puppeting or free nation.

This! Not just inthis scenario, but copy from Divine Wind the ability to use the map to make peace, add wargoals ect. It is sometimes frustrating going through the long list of French or Britsh states just to find the one border state I want to take.

Why on earth would you give up your own cores :blink: that right there is the reason i don't release nations in EU or Vicky and yes the map would be awesome from EU the only reason they don't have it is that EU is a province and Vicky is a region most likely but come on its the same game company why don't you have the good features in every game and get rid of the bad ones in every game like in EU. "So you're saying my troops have to walk across the water to get to the ships in this port we are located in right now? How bout we load them up now." i said. "Preposterous" said the governor. :blink:

well that would have more to do with the population than the government/state

I'd like to see that countries that I release gain my culture as an accepted culture. I'd like to see a lasting influence.

See, while I agree, to a point, I think the accepted culture in a released nation should be the majority culture OR you get the choose the culture. Like being able to release Australia early and return it to the aborigine (I know, strange) or you could choose for it to become Australian (instead of British). If mexico releases California the main culture should become Mexican, or Californian.

I know it sounds weird but especially after revolts. I occupy all of mainland England and watch Australia and new Zealand revolt from their British rulers only to have their only accepted culture be British... In cases like that there should be a new culture created, after all Americans are Americans, not British.

It's a great idea Sakura_F! I especially like how you propose to solve it graphically with a map instead of a great long list of regions. The peace negotiation window should also do well to borrow this element from EU3.

I like this idea, though perhaps there should be some minimum limit to what areas a particular nation can be released with. Also, nice nick OP. :p

Was an easy name to find. I was born with it. Lmao.

I'd like to share some ideas:

- when you release some country with selected regions, they lose cores on ones you keep (or at least ones where they are only minority).
For example, if you form Great Germany, you may want to release Poland in Galicia (and maybe then add two Russian regions), but you can't do it, 'cos you''l lose many important "german" regions.

It seems kind of fair - you grant them independence, they revoke claims on some lands where they're a minority.
BTW I'd like to have diplomatic options or wargoals to "revoke cores".

P.S. Last time I sat for hours trying to solve that puzzle "how to release Austrian lands and keep borders pretty" then just used cheats... It's hardly "cheating", I basically just lost MY lands.

I like the idea, just maybe with a quick adjustment. It could be easily exploited if it were by province. If say I were Austria, and I was getting tired of Hungarian Nationalists interrupting my wars every few years, I could potentially release a single province to Hungary, and I could end the nationalist rebellions. Maybe a region-by-region system would work, but at the same time, may also be possible to exploitation, as there is no "patriot" type rebels a la EUIII (to my knowledge)

This is an great idea, Sakura_F :)