• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(457435)

Court Jester
4 Badges
Feb 24, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Pillars of Eternity
-start as Croatia (it's central country and catholic), quickly invade sicily
-then invade all the african coast
-make free investiture, but avoid to make antipopes if possible
-100% moral authority of catholic church is better
-DONT turn heretic (if you do so, no holy orders will be available + slow counties conversion due to 50% m.a.)
-DONT become an emperor (if you do so, you ll not be able to create kingdoms)
-give your coastal provinces to mayors - let them become doges in repubblics under your control (= LOTS of extra-money)
-elective agnatic succession
-make your child (male) become a heir to one empire, let him be tutored by a MUSLIM. perfet combination: your nationality BUT muslim. BUT dont make him inheredit your kingdom
-once he is legal age, claim the empire for him, so he is a MUSLIM emperor - that means you ALWAYS have a cb against the empire.
-repeat this step for all the 'big' kingdoms/empires

-consequences: BIG prestige for your House (because kings, emperors..), ALWAYS an infidel CB, quick counties conversion, YES holy orders etc etc...

p.s.: forgive my bad english..

added images:....
Holy Muslim Roman Empire
Trpimirovic House

Last edited:
i prefer to play roleplay and not just to get presige and win , because it just isnt fun
and bytheway you can basicly conquer the world with any dynasty without this.

Why should the Emperor be your grandson? You're much better off putting some other random pagan/muslim guy on the throne, if you plan on attacking the HRE, since you lose prestige when you attack an ally. But I guess that your strategy allows you to be called to war to help him maintain his position in holy wars.

Why should the Emperor be your grandson? You're much better off putting some other random pagan/muslim guy on the throne, if you plan on attacking the HRE, since you lose prestige when you attack an ally. But I guess that your strategy allows you to be called to war to help him maintain his position in holy wars.
not exactly.

the point is: one child of MY house is a heir to HRE (due to his parents marriage). I turn him muslim AND make him the HRE emperor.
Now, pay attention
I can wardec HRE every time I want, because it's ruled by a muslim!! just like I can wardec every time caliphates, sultans etc...

I can obviously repeat this tactics to turn muslim every christian country, just to invade it easy, piece by piece, later

ALSO. as I told before, I prefer to avoid to become any emperor, as I am interested in creating/ maintaining kingdoms by MY own. As we know, I CAN'T create kingdoms being an emperor, so...

That's basically all about:

HOW to conquer the empire without becoming an Emperor

since you lose prestige when you attack an ally

i am speaking about HOUSE prestige, that one you gain when your family members have high titles in their lifetimes - the HRE muslim emperor is from your dinasty - PERFECT! you gain the prestige from every successive HRE emperor (or rather caliph hehe) then. Just make sure they are all from your house.

Last edited: