• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I sense, an intervention is warranted, i revoke the title of the vassal who started the war, before that giving him the jester title. In most cases, he rebels, which allows me to throw him in jail after a short war and revoke his title. The tricky part starts IF he has several titles. Then you need to accumulate some revocation penalties to deal with him (to the point that he original war he started stops).

I thought you got a family alliance with your children, and if you're playing smart (ie: you didn't marry matrilinearly while playing a dude, and you did marry matrilinearly while playing a chick) you also get a dynastic alliance with them.

I don't think this gives you a valid CB on the dude trying to bully your kid, but it certainly means your kid has the right to call you into the fight by calling his allies.

Except that you can't call your liege into a war (not sure why, but you can't) so if you're a King your Duke son is actually banned from calling on you, and vice versa.

If I sense, an intervention is warranted, i revoke the title of the vassal who started the war, before that giving him the jester title. In most cases, he rebels, which allows me to throw him in jail after a short war and revoke his title. The tricky part starts IF he has several titles. Then you need to accumulate some revocation penalties to deal with him (to the point that he original war he started stops).

That's what I do. And since I'm sure that even if it was allowed by game mechanics, any direct military action by a liege against his vassal would carry a tyranny penalty, I don't see a problem with the omission. It is pretty much the same thing.

This would probably be difficult to program in but I think I have an idea

Let's have an option for kings to join in the Duke wars, BUT only their personal levies will participate in the fights. If I'm the king of england and the duke and york and lancaster are going at it, I should be able to support one, raise my levies and fight, but other levies I raise from the duke of timbuktu should just sit around and stare at me in fights rather then participating, similar to holy orders.