+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RTG MOD for DW -Balance/New Navies/Advisors/Policies/Modestus Map/Add ons

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen99 View Post
    Next release will contain numerous fixes by 17blue17, big thanks to him for helping me out, especially with map errors. I promised him half of Aragon once I conquer it. But you know how those promises went in medieval days.
    One reason people from Minnesota keep a close eye on people from Wisconsin.................

Increases foreign support for rebels..........and spy actions resulting in the sale of the Vikings to Wisconsin with the relocation of the Green Bay Packers to California.........
    Last edited by 17blue17; 24-04-2012 at 08:33.

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    One reason people from Minnesota keep a close eye on people from Wisconsin.................

Increases foreign support for rebels..........and spy actions resulting in the sale of the Vikings to Wisconsin with the relocation of the Green Bay Packers to California.........
    Don't mess with da Pack. You have to forgive us Wisconsinites. All the cheese we eat affects our memory. At least our state bird isn't the mosquito.

I have 8 more hours put in just in error fixing, between the beta and version 1 also had about 8 hours of error correction. Its shaping up and next version should be fairly spit and polished. Going to work on map texturing next.

Hate to do this to you guys, but next release will be another complete 50MB file again. Best that way, as some files removed, others added, bunch of error corrections and better to just upload the entire thing, rather than risk not putting all the correct files in. Added provinces also. I'll rename the folder, that way folks can keep playing version 1 if they are in the middle of a campaign. Then next time start on ver. 1.1
    Last edited by redgreen99; 25-04-2012 at 03:01.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Don't mess with da Pack. You have to forgive us Wisconsinites. All the cheese we eat affects our memory. At least our state bird isn't the mosquito.
    Your Commandant reports shipments of opened packages of Limburger cheese being sent across the border from Chicago to our major towns........ this may be against the laws of civilized warfare.......

Your natural_scientist reports that it is a well known fact that mosquitos originally migrated from the east.......

Glad to hear you mod is moving along.

Good luck.

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Ok, what's next? "Take me to your liederkranz?"
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Quote Originally Posted by George LeS View Post
    Ok, what's next? "Take me to your liederkranz?"
    A quick explanation:

I helped the mods author in another thread with his map problems and he promised to give me half his conquests in Aragon out of gratitude. Then he came back to this thread and said his memory was poor relating to any promises relating to Aragon which is something that apparently happened many times historically in real life.

He also lives in the state next to mine and our two states are sometimes rivals. Result - a little joking back and forth which is now finished.

Although I did like the liederkranz comment.

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    A quick explanation:

I helped the mods author in another thread with his map problems and he promised to give me half his conquests in Aragon out of gratitude. Then he came back to this thread and said his memory was poor relating to any promises relating to Aragon which is something that apparently happened many times historically in real life.

He also lives in the state next to mine and our two states are sometimes rivals. Result - a little joking back and forth which is now finished.

Although I did like the liederkranz comment.

Oh, I got that it was an inside joke. I just had to add the comment, which comes from Rocky & Bullwinkle (your fellow Minnesotans).
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Did a hands off 100 year test and the mod is stable. Next release will be the 1st one that is truly not beta anymore. I hadn't set any of the alliances or wars yet and some unhistorical things happened in by hands off test. England has already eaten Scotland by 1430. Algieria ate Morroco, Tunisia and Tripoli for the most part. France is in a major civil war and too many revolters.

Setting wars and alliances is my next project. Holding off on next release until that is done. If you haven't already d/led the mod. I'd hold off until the next update.

deleted
    Last edited by redgreen99; 10-05-2012 at 10:33.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This mod looks very interesting and I'd like to have the time to try it... But I certainly will, maybe when the final patch is out.
    Don't you feel the game will become too much deterministic though with all these scripted wars?
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    Don't you feel the game will become too much deterministic though with all these scripted wars?
    Not at all. The wars would never play out exactly like they did historically, except perhaps with hundreds of manhours invested in just that specific goal. For the most part, the game will pick its own wars without any help, adding wars in history generally just sets a start date, an end date, participants and perhaps one battle. The AI is still free to end a war early or extend it based on war exhaustion, infamy, manpower levels, and % of victory.

Plus all my efforts so far are only to get the map for 1399 to look reasonably historical from a 1338 start. My early tests with no alliances/wars set up resulted in a lot of ahistorical situations. ie Algieria had completely eaten all of North Africa. I've only set the Alliances to encourage the game tags to fight thier more traditional opponents.

Certain countries are very vulnerable without help in 1338. Like Granada, which I'd just as soon not have it annexed 150 years too early. Actually in my last test run, Granada was annexed by 1354 even with the help I gave it, but it reappeared a few years later and by 1394, it had 3 provinces again out of 5 from the start.

In 1338, the Byzantines are in a position to easily overpower the Ottomans, without setting Bulgaria upon them and simulating the 6 year Byzantine civil war that followed, which weakened thier power. I don't want to see Rome rebuilt because it was never really plausible after 1350.
    Last edited by redgreen99; 30-04-2012 at 08:10.

Augh. I get to port in expectations that I'd be able to download this, only to be stymied and stopped by godawful internet.

Why does the US Navy always have absolutely terrible internet wherever I go?

A very ambitious project, I am curious to see the results, good luck with your work!

Will the player also get forced into alliances or to DOW somebody?
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

No restrictions would be placed on the player in that regard. The player is free to do whatever, so the player can work against the natural tendancy of the AI's alliances if they desired.

That's good. However, if you have time, some events could be scripted to give the player a choice to go historical or a-historical. Getting maybe a malus or bonus if he goes a-historical. Since you are coding some historical events, the player would feel more part of them in this way. Well, at least I personally would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    That's good. However, if you have time, some events could be scripted to give the player a choice to go historical or a-historical. Getting maybe a malus or bonus if he goes a-historical. Since you are coding some historical events, the player would feel more part of them in this way. Well, at least I personally would like it.
    I'd consider doing that, maybe in the form of the player being requested to join such and such a war, or conquer such and such province on a certain date. Some could be events, others missions. If I get to this, it would be after I get all the AI wars in and North American coloinization fine tuned.

Mod updated: version 1.2 available
    Just looking at the country selection.
    -The scenarios "Kingdom of Jerusalem" and "Of All Kings the wisest" share the same startdate (15th of October, 1399), which means that this theoretical Jerusalem only exists in a world where christendom was otherwise somewhat unsuccesfull.
    ... I'm okay with that. Gives those Crusaders more to do. Heh.

-Noble Horde, the Goverment for the Timurids/Gurkani lacks a title for their ruler. It just says noble_horde_ruler. Interestingly enough, it shows no title at all for the ruler of the Golden Horde/Züchi-iin Ulus, even though they supposedly have the same form of Goverment.

-Poor Swizerland appearantly got demoted from a nation to a conspiracy, since it now bears the name "Eidgenossenschaft" (very roughly translating to something like "Sworn Brotherhood", if my english doesn't fail me here), instead of "Schweiz"

-Is the Byzantine Empire/Basileia Rhomaion supposed to have a Timurid and three Osman provinces inside of itss borders in "In Cauda Venenum" or is that the result of some map changes?

-"Die Pfalz" is technically correct, but, if you (or rather, that specific mods creator) aren't opposed to longer names, "Kurpfalz" (if you want to emphasis their status as elector) oder "Rheinische Pfalzgrafschaft"/"Pfalzgrafschaft bei Rhein" (if you want to focus on their location) work better, since, on its own, a Pfalz is really just a place where the Emperor plans to stay for a while.

Edit: Aaaaand appearantly, the Eastern Romans manage to hold on until 1480, when they suddenly recover and make preparations for their conquest of southern italy in 1510, whict they manage to hold for the next 200 years.
    Should I consider that a bug or alternate history?
    Last edited by CyberEagle; 01-05-2012 at 01:15.

I'll have to check the Byzantine empire in regard to Timurid borders, which year (approximately) was that?

I can change the dates on one or the other of "Kingdom of Jerusalem" and "Of All Kings the wisest" Should I move "Kingdom of Jerusalem" back to 1330ish?

I was wondering about the BYZ in 1480. I saw there tag in a province when I was removing some core can't be removed because the tag doesn't have a core error, but I was in error removal mode at the time. which is mind numbing tedious. Some of this is simply cause I don't fully know wht the added mods encompass.

-All above is added to next update.

I'll have to check the Byzantine empire in regard to Timurid borders, which year (approximately) was that?
    Was an Alternate Start, I think, once again, from Vinland.

As for the Kingdom of Jerusalem starting point... I guess that one would indeed fit better into an earlier starting point, since it's just a single released nation that's all about religious fervor and crusades, to concepts that are slowly but surely losing importance later on.

Ahh Ok, that makes sense about the ALT start. I think that was intended by the author as a what if the Byzantine's were able rebuild. Anything goes in Alternate scenarios. People like to build Rome. I did remove a modifier that helped BYZ enormously. He had those ALT scenarios at the very bottom of the bookmarks. I moved then in order of date. I'll make it more clear that they are ALT in the descriptons.

The no noble_horde_ruler is my gaf. I created that goverment and didn't add the localization. I'm not even sure how it will play out, its there as a test platform to find out. They are now hybrid and can do some diplomacy.

Nono. What I mean was that Byzantium has things in its borders that don't seem to belong there, but I'm not sure about that, but I still think that its just because Vonland was made for a different map. While modding, you don't tell the country which provinces it has, but the province to which country it belongs, right? I think that's where the error might lie.; AND Byzantium somehow becomes to big after a while while fast forwarding "regular" ingame history, while still in the selection screen, instead of vanishing. If I'm understanding correctly how stuff works, THIS error has nothing to do with an alternate start at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast