+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to make historical enemies hate each other?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How to make historical enemies hate each other?

Is there a way to make 2 countries hate each other?

I keep running into a problem where Persia and the Mughals keep allying, which make expanding in the middle of the next to impossible.

Why is this a problem?

Historically the 2 hated each other. They fought war after war in Baluchistan, Afghanistan, Khorasan and Punjab over control of the areas. They should not be allies. Period. At least not after the 17th century.

I know that there is a "historical friend" option in the country history file, I'm wondering if there is a way to make 2 countries almost impossible to ally with each other.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

You could give them missions on each other, but I don't know how much of an impact that would have.
    -Ruanek

Maybe give them conflicting cores? + above.
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Historically, France and England hated each other and so did Germany and France. That still didn't prevent them from being the bestest of friends from time to time.

If Mughal and Persia are being a problem, you can try to get them to fight a war with each other by locking one in a war as your ally and then declare war on an ally of the other. This can occasionally mess up A.I. alliances.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Ugh, I put this in the wrong forum, could a mod move it?

@ywhtptgtfo: The problem I have is mod related: if Persia and the Mughals keep allying it will screw up the balance I'm trying to achieve in the area.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It's all simulated by the game mechanics. Every nation gets "feels threatened by" and "sees as natural rival" which is defined by military power. And relations are defined by culture, religion, events etc. France and England are natural enemies cause they're close, have border (later colonial) and have nobody to fight except each other at the end. Adding "they just hate each other" modifier is wrong.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Uh, the Persians were on and off allies with the Mughals...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

well you could just play as them if you wait long enough everyone hates you except your vassals who you force to like you as your goals seem to conflict with every other nations in the game even if it is taking that one province core
    Player Kills-3

Experience is the teacher of all things. - Julius Caesar
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto.

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

You can also tweak the behavior with AI scripting.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

It can be hard/tricky to do it directly. The best way to do it is to make sure that the countries you want at war are roughly the same size (or areas they expand in are of same size/number of provinces like France vs Castille) which will make AI treat other AI as rival. This might not seem important, but it is, in the long run AI countries have tendency to attack countries they consider natural rivals / threats under certain conditions (low stab, high WE, war against many enemies, war + low manpower, war + low lfl % etc). Once these countries go to war, in most cases one will win the war and take a few provinces with cores from other. This means once first change of land is done they will be locked in an endless cycle of wars where they will backstab/sneak attack the other one (mostly because of cores) whenever they are "down".

The only thing which seems to reduce this behavior is QFTNW which seems to change AI personality (in most cases) making them less likely to declare wars that make no sense.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia

Blog Entries
    You could try implementing the following two decisions for them, if being AI:

If relation turns above zero, reduce with 250.
    Make them having cores (permanent or temporary) on some of each other's frontier provinces.
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

+ Reply to Thread