What is the most reliable multiplayer option for Majesty Gold Edition HD?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirDimos

Private
22 Badges
Jan 7, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
For the past couple of days, I've been searching around different forums trying to find a reliable multiplayer solution for Majesty Gold HD, since both me and a friend picked it up on Steam when it came out.

There's lots of threads with Hamachi server listings and people talking about connecting via gamespy, but the only thing I've gotten to work was Tunngle - and even that only works about 1/3 of the time. We tried Hamachi and couldn't get that to work (despite setting the appropriate adapter priority), we then tried Gameranger, but noticed it didn't recognize the HD edition - so that was out, we then tried Gamespy Comrade (the free version), but couldn't even figure out how to join one another's game, and then we finally got it working on Tunngle.

Is there a general consensus on what multiplayer option works most reliably that I should give another chance? Tunngle is OK for now, but it's far from an optimal solution.

Edit: Just to give more detail, we're both running 64-bit Win 7, and have disabled the windows firewall as well as any antivirus programs which might have been gunking up the connection. We've also forwarded the appropriate Tunngle port, but haven't opened any others because we've found no documentation for Majesty or Hamachi ports that needed to be opened.

Last edited:
A player noted on another forum that to play on Gameranger, he renamed the executable from "MajestyHD.exe" to "Majesty.exe", pointed Gameranger to the renamed file, and it worked for him.