• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Caramel95

Major
24 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Title says it all. Im Denmark and i have protectorate on Yeman, I have occupied all their land around the Arabian Peninsula, they dont have the African pieces of land, Russia took Mogadishu and Portugal the other bit. I have full occupied Yeman and it was 90% on war thing. What the hell do i do? is there some Island somewhere? :eek:hmy:

I think its Socotra, off the tip of the Horn of Africa.

FYI, Mogadishu(and other African territory) is Omani, not Yemeni.
lol sorry. I won against Yeman now, I now have Hedjaz, Yeman and Oman on the Arabian Peninsula. I wanted Nejd aswell but France went and protectorate them and Abu Dahbi. Im now in the process of Colonizing Africa, Im in a battle with France and the UK for Africa.

If one day you dicide to annex Korea, remember, that there is another island, named Chedgu or something like that

That Yemeni island has been the bane of many an AI empire that tried and conquer Yemen, and the most important asset towards its survival in many games I've played through...

That Yemeni island has been the bane of many an AI empire that tried and conquer Yemen, and the most important asset towards its survival in many games I've played through...

:p

But the AI is usually competent in invading islands. In my UK game, Belgium, China, and Beroda reliably invaded the random Spanish, Poruguese, and Japanese islands.

Usually, yes. But I've seen the AI ignore that little island time and time again. Sometimes it just delays Yemen's annexation. Other times, the AI just gives up after a while (I'm sure I've seen the NGF resort to that at least once).

Usually, yes. But I've seen the AI ignore that little island time and time again. Sometimes it just delays Yemen's annexation. Other times, the AI just gives up after a while (I'm sure I've seen the NGF resort to that at least once).

Perhaps this is why, in AHD, annexation now only needs 85 warscore(70 if it's restore order)?

Ah, yes, now that you mention it I remember reading about that once. I'll probably get AHD in a few weeks, when I'll have time to properly play it.

Perhaps this is why, in AHD, annexation now only needs 85 warscore(70 if it's restore order)?

no, they still want full warscore to accept. The difference is that now you can sneak another wargoal there, like humiliate.

haha, i already had Hedjez so i didn't have to piss about with moving ships from Denmark, St thomas, Johore or Brunei.

no, they still want full warscore to accept. The difference is that now you can sneak another wargoal there, like humiliate.

why?!? So you can say something along the lines of "i'm going to annex your country but before you leave your palace just remember how humiliating it was"