+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yemans trolling on me.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Yemans trolling on me.

Title says it all. Im Denmark and i have protectorate on Yeman, I have occupied all their land around the Arabian Peninsula, they dont have the African pieces of land, Russia took Mogadishu and Portugal the other bit. I have full occupied Yeman and it was 90% on war thing. What the hell do i do? is there some Island somewhere?
    Nationality: British
    Ideology: Labour Party
    Preferred Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
    Religion: Athiest

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    there is a island to the south cant remeber what its called though

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I think its Socotra, off the tip of the Horn of Africa.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection

ffs. Thank you for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    FYI, Mogadishu(and other African territory) is Omani, not Yemeni.
    lol sorry. I won against Yeman now, I now have Hedjaz, Yeman and Oman on the Arabian Peninsula. I wanted Nejd aswell but France went and protectorate them and Abu Dahbi. Im now in the process of Colonizing Africa, Im in a battle with France and the UK for Africa.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

If one day you dicide to annex Korea, remember, that there is another island, named Chedgu or something like that
    sorry for my bad english, I'm from country of *random stereotype about Russia*

Why did the Denmark ambassador get furious? Did all the corporals in Russian Emperors Army fall ill? How much money Nicholas I wants to have? Read answers in the new chapter of "From Kalisz Province to Alaska"!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That Yemeni island has been the bane of many an AI empire that tried and conquer Yemen, and the most important asset towards its survival in many games I've played through...
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Selzro View Post
    That Yemeni island has been the bane of many an AI empire that tried and conquer Yemen, and the most important asset towards its survival in many games I've played through...

But the AI is usually competent in invading islands. In my UK game, Belgium, China, and Beroda reliably invaded the random Spanish, Poruguese, and Japanese islands.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Usually, yes. But I've seen the AI ignore that little island time and time again. Sometimes it just delays Yemen's annexation. Other times, the AI just gives up after a while (I'm sure I've seen the NGF resort to that at least once).
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Usually, yes. But I've seen the AI ignore that little island time and time again. Sometimes it just delays Yemen's annexation. Other times, the AI just gives up after a while (I'm sure I've seen the NGF resort to that at least once).
    Perhaps this is why, in AHD, annexation now only needs 85 warscore(70 if it's restore order)?

Ah, yes, now that you mention it I remember reading about that once. I'll probably get AHD in a few weeks, when I'll have time to properly play it.

My inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Perhaps this is why, in AHD, annexation now only needs 85 warscore(70 if it's restore order)?
    no, they still want full warscore to accept. The difference is that now you can sneak another wargoal there, like humiliate.

haha, i already had Hedjez so i didn't have to piss about with moving ships from Denmark, St thomas, Johore or Brunei.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Arathian View Post
    no, they still want full warscore to accept. The difference is that now you can sneak another wargoal there, like humiliate.
    why?!? So you can say something along the lines of "i'm going to annex your country but before you leave your palace just remember how humiliating it was"
    Player Kills-3

Experience is the teacher of all things. - Julius Caesar
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto.

Quote Originally Posted by ind2bc View Post
    why?!? So you can say something along the lines of "i'm going to annex your country but before you leave your palace just remember how humiliating it was"
    So you gain more prestige.

Or, if you're fighting Dai Nam and their puppet Cambodia, you can annex Dai Nam and humiliate Camboda.

+ Reply to Thread