• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did you add the names and descriptions in a config file?
Yeah, sure. What's odd is that in several instances actionA is properly displayed, while actionB is depicted as I mentioned.

Well I don't know about that. Have you checked that you closed the "(whatever)"?

Can someone tell where in the AI files do you disable nations releasing nations? I don't want to see the USSR creating the Warsaw Pact.

Also How do you stop a unit from upgreading?

Last edited:
how can I program the nuclear powers AI not to nuke specific countries in specific wars?
You can't.
why do I have problems loading game with new ministers configurated?

"wrong position of ...name of the savegame.eug"
Because you used the wrong trait for that position or appointed by events or scenario files a minister file to a wrong position.

I've been trying to create a few extra events for Germany, regarding it adding cores in Poland.
View attachment additional_germany.txt

Events 80400 and 80401 fire fine, but 80500 and 80501 don't.
I want 80500 to fire exactly 1 year after 80400, and 80501 one year after 80401. Is the coding
Code:
trigger = {
NOT = {
core = { province = 232 data = GER }
}
event = { id = 80400 days = 360 } #1 year because I can't bother waiting longer

NOT = {
exists = POL
}

and

Code:
	trigger = {
NOT = {
core = { province = 254 data = GER }
}
event = { id = 80400 days = 360 } #1 year because I can't bother to wait longer.

#############################################
	#event = { id = 80500 days = 2 } # Is this the correct way to code it so that unless this event has occured (any number of days ago, thus only two here), event 80501 will not fire? I'm not sure on how to code flags.
	#############################################

NOT = {
exists = POL
}
not the correct way of doing it?

Also, when I've pasted additional_germany.txt into db\events\ and I have added the line
Code:
event = "db\events\additional_germany.txt"
into events.txt but the events do not fire then. However, when I paste the coding into a pre-existing event file, it does work.

@NorwayBernd: you have to add "save_date = yes". See "Guide to Modding with DH" for example. Also, the list of event file is loaded on game start, so you need to load a new game. A saved game would not see it.

@fbenar00: it says a few things more than wrong government position. Anyway, check that minister, it gives you the id. So that minister is set in wrong position either in a scenario file or in an event.

@NorwayBernd: you have to add "save_date = yes". See "Guide to Modding with DH" for example. Also, the list of event file is loaded on game start, so you need to load a new game. A saved game would not see it.
Ah! Thank you very much! ;)

33wtams.jpg

what do I have to avoid that mistake when I load game?

900000;Head of State;Francisco Franco;1945;1976;PA;Stern Imperialist;High;90000;X
900001;Head of Government;Francisco Franco;1945;1976;PA;Silent Workhorse;High;90000;X
900002;Head of Government;Carlos Arias Navarro;1950;1985;PA;Silent Workhorse;High;90001;X
900003;Head of Government;Luis Carrero Blanco;1950;1974;PA;Old General;High; M10232;X
;Replacements;;;;;;;;X
Those are the new ministers I have intorduced, what's wrong with them?

Enable debug logs (settings.cfg) and check last lines in savedebug.txt after the crash. Also check for and fix all ERROR reports logged in the said file.
The mod is crashing on start. Is there a way that's better suited for indicating the error in this scenario?

-ajjr1996
Witcher Kings