• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(464849)

Recruit
9 Badges
Mar 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I felt somewhat disappointed at the peace at the end of my last Hoi3 (FtM) campaign. The Soviet Union completely annexed Germany while puppeting the axis controlled states of the Eastern Europe. This created a very odd looking map with countries like Poland sitting in the middle of Soviet territory. France also annexed axis aligned Spain.

I remember that a primary goal of FtM was to create a better peace system through war goals.

Do you think that this goal has been achieved and my result was a one off or a misplay on my part?

Your opinions are appreciated.

I don't think it's better since the awesome split of Europe in to the real-life Cold War countries is now gone.

Aside from that, the peace process is still terrible, but this is because issues that pre-date FtM have not been addressed. The prime example is that is seems to be nearly impossible to get France correctly back together in one piece once Vichy forms. And if you puppet or liberate a country, it could end up suffering from a crazy-quilt of province ownership as there is no method in place for either you or your allies to restore lands to them. Once this happens the only way to `fix` things is for the problem country to find itself annexed and released.

Really what the game needs (and this would be a pain to code) is a peace conference mechanic that occurs when all the members of a faction (or atleast all the significant members) have been defeated. Something along the lines of EU3 though less free form. Basically a checklist that a player can go down through and pick out what their priorities are based on some sort of "point buy" system tied to the faction goals and who holds which VPs.

I agree about the conference system,but I'd also like to see an option to decide what to annex via mouse selecting/dragging(Ex.you play with Germany and you want only Alsace-Lorraine,so you drag your mouse trough those provinces or shift click them and you leave the other part of France as a puppet or something.)

What would help a lot is a simple decision that would allow you to give back any CORE of an ally you control or own. Would fix the problem of a dismembered France and Yugoslavia (with Croatia never really going away). And in the east, make Poland not Auto-Liberate, it messes up the front and creates an island of Poland in a sea of Soviet Union. Why Poland cannot into Soviet Union?